• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range time today with a member at MCF&G who was helping me 3 weeks ago.
    He helped me decide which scope to sell with the Ruger PRR I'm going to sell (I'm leaving the better Nikon Buckmaster 4-12 x40 scope on it since I won't be shooting much at 100 yds).
    He had a couple of other rifles for me to try as well.
    The Ruger American he had fit fairly good (like my 10/22), if I had the shorter and smaller comb on it (he had 3 different sizes).
    I also shot my Ruger RPR that I'm keeping with the Hawke scope & Green Mountain barrel.
    I got to shoot for the 1st time at a 100 yards at 3 different steel targets ringing them from a rest (and some of the time standing up :laugh:).

EDIT = corrected, b/c I got my targets backwards.
    1st time shooting 50 yards with my Ruger 10/22 Mannlicher with a new Kidd trigger in it.
    I started with the top right and went counter-clockwise with the middle being the last one I shot.
    Ignore the rounds on the bar below the middle target (that was some scope work with a different rifle).
    I certainly won't win any awards, but hopefully I'll improve next time.
    EoEIeYS.jpg

25 yards with a CZ 455 belonging to the member I was shooting with.
    Trigger was wonderful: better than my new Kidd Trigger in the 10/22.
    Ignore the shots except for the red center & the 2 black rings around it.
    The other shots had to do with some scope work on another rifle.
    The 25 yards was more my speed, but I was using a better rifle and scope than what I have.
    ZO1WqN0.jpg

Last edited:

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    I have not read through the entire thread and I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but why don’t you look into a Boyd’s AT One stock? It’s very adjustable pretty inexpensive and it’s made to fit many different actions. I have several of them and I really enjoy shooting them.

View attachment 82889

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have not read through the entire thread and I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but why don’t you look into a Boyd’s AT One stock? It’s very adjustable pretty inexpensive and it’s made to fit many different actions. I have several of them and I really enjoy shooting them.

View attachment 82889

Thanks! :thumbsup:
    I have been pointed to them, and early on in my rifle search, I almost bought one for sale before I bought a Ruger RPR with an adjustable stock length & comb height (comb too thick however & the 10/22 fits better at this point).
    I know I need a short stock with a low, thinner comb so I don't have to bend my neck as much forward, and especially to the right over the comb so I can align my eye up with the scope.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    Couldn’t you remove the comb piece on the RPRR and use a belt or rotary sander to thin it ( even a dremel with a cutting wheel) then re-install? I’d be happy to do it for you if you think it would help. Send me a PM if you’re interested and need an assist. Jim

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Couldn’t you remove the comb piece on the RPRR and use a belt or rotary sander to thin it ( even a dremel with a cutting wheel) then re-install? I’d be happy to do it for you if you think it would help. Send me a PM if you’re interested and need an assist. Jim

If it was a solid piece of wood that would be a fine approach, but it is just a plastic shell that's hollow on the RPR.

Wh8Ehbr.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A member, zachcz, let me shoot a couple of his rifles today. :thumbsup:
    We've bought/sold between us before. :ingo:
    He bought my 1st CZ Rami, and from him, I picked up a Ruger .22 rifle & a really accurate Ruger Mark 3, which I put an inexpensive Dagger Defense red dot on it & it never ceases to surprise me on how well it shoots.

I took his SW 15-22 (which I've never shot one), & his Ruger American bolt action with a Thumbhold stock for a workout.
    I wanted to shoot both of them before he sold them.
    The SW 15-22 shot 1 inch groups at 45', but the Ruger American did that at 75'.
    I really, really liked the American, but didn't care so much for the 15-22.

We're getting together Friday at Point Blank, to shoot each others .22LR pistols.
    I want him to shoot my Glock 44 to see if I can make him unhappy with his Taurus TX. :laugh:
    I hope to ruin his life by making him shoot some of my favorite .22LRs. :lmfao:

Stock pic of the Ruger American bolt action thumbhold stock:
    7xLJAEz.jpg

It started out shooting left & high.
    Shot about 50 rounds on another target.
    Got most of it worked out before hitting this target.
    Half-way through I quit adjusting sights & decided I was the X factor. :dunno:
    Groups tighten up by the time I reached the bottom of the page.
    7z0KyyN.jpg

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    looks good. That Zachcz guy seems like a good dude LOL. Doubt any polymer 22 makes me change my mind about the Taurus but am looking forward to shooting a 44 more than The one I shot previously.

the American is way overkill for what I need but it is good looking and it’s silent shooting with my can

A member, zachcz, let me shoot a couple of his rifles today. :thumbsup:
    We've bought/sold between us before. :ingo:
    He bought my 1st CZ Rami, and from him, I picked up a Ruger .22 rifle & a really accurate Ruger Mark 3, which I put an inexpensive Dagger Defense red dot on it & it never ceases to surprise me on how well it shoots.

I took his SW 15-22 (which I've never shot one), & his Ruger American bolt action with a Thumbhold stock for a workout.
    I wanted to shoot both of them before he sold them.
    The SW 15-22 shot 1 inch groups at 45', but the Ruger American did that at 75'.
    I really, really liked the American, but didn't care so much for the 15-22.

We're getting together Friday at Point Blank, to shoot each others .22LR pistols.
    I want him to shoot my Glock 44 to see if I can make him unhappy with his Taurus TX. :laugh:
    I hope to ruin his life by making him shoot some of my favorite .22LRs. :lmfao:

Stock pic of the Ruger American bolt action thumbhold stock:
    7xLJAEz.jpg

It started out shooting left & high.
    Shot about 50 rounds on another target.
    Got most of it worked out before hitting this target.
    Half-way through I quit adjusting sights & decided I was the X factor.
    Groups tighten up buy the time I reached the bottom of the page.
    7z0KyyN.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    looks good. That Zachcz guy seems like a good dude LOL. Doubt any polymer 22 makes me change my mind about the Taurus but am looking forward to shooting a 44 more than The one I shot previously.

the American is way overkill for what I need but it is good looking and it’s silent shooting with my can

You can easily clean up the trigger to ghost fart pull too...

Top Bottom