LOL, hotels, you funny! You say you want to be green, but you really just want to use guilt to cut expenses.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Typically I worry more about other people giving me cooties then about giving myself cooties. I have a hair towel and a body towel and I often use them more than once. Unless of course I accidentally drop one on the floor. Then it's game over.

When I get out of the shower I slather coconut oil all over my body. Typically I do my face and chest first, then my arms and then sometimes I'll do my nether regions before I do my legs.

Because my well groomed regions are clean I don't worry about touching them then touching my legs. Hell I'm sure I've even touched my face afterwards too. No biggie.

If I am staying in a hotel I want clean towels every day just because I'm paying for them and I question how clean they actually are to begin with.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont mind. I travel a LOT. At home, I dont change my towels but once a week. And I also prefer the lack of strangers in my room. So I'm digging this new normal. I dont mind showing up after work to an unmade bed. I can always hang my towel and its ready for me the next evening. My only beef is the lack of breakfast. I dont eat a big one (usually fruit and a buttered bagel and juice and coffee) but the lack of it is annoying. At least they arent doing away with coffee service like they did last summer. That was annoying having to make crap coffee in my room before leaving if I wanted any.

And dont forget to immediately set the chain/lever whenever you are in your room. I had an incident back in '17 in Huntsville that was disturbing, and that chain saved the day. TL:DR I heard somebody fiddling with my door, and trying to get in, I yelled "WRONG ROOM! GO AWAY!" after looking through the peep and he did. when I looked through the peep and it was another thin white guy like me. 10 minutes later I heard somebody outside again. I looked and it was the same guy trying to get in. This time I heard the lock beep and the door unlock. As it bottomed out on the chain I repeated in my strongest mean voice "I SAID, WRONG ROOM MOTHER*****ER GET THE F*** OUT!!!!" and he closed the door and went away. 5 mins later I heard motion outside the door, and it was the same guy. This time he entered the room across the hall. LSS I think he got the room number wrong, and when he complained to the front desk about how he couldnt get in to "room 312" , they thought he was me and gave him access to my room because he told them the correct, occupied (by a skinny white guy like him) room.

I immediately packed up and checked out minutes later. I told them they would NOT be charging me for the room due to the security breech. When they protested and said what happened was impossible, I said "fine. I'll come around behind the desk and we can look over your access control system logs and CCTV together and I'll show you what happened." They stuttered a bit and declined my offer and wished me a pleasant trip. I was not charged.

Fast forward to last week. I went back down to that office and stayed in the same Holiday Inn I opted to switch to. 15 minutes after settling in, kids (presumably) started banging HARD on my door and ran off. Not just a knock, but a "take it off the hinges" banging. For a split second I expected a SWAT team to announce they had a warrant. LOL What is it with that damn city? LOL

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Dang you INGO! I hadn't thought of these things.

I'm still going to reuse towels, but now I'm going to have to check for fresh dead hookers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dang you INGO! I hadn't thought of these things.

I'm still going to reuse towels, but now I'm going to have to check for fresh dead hookers.
    actually happened. A while back a hotel noticed a REALLY bad smell. They picked up the mattress and found a dead hooker under the bed. It was one of those box platforms that prevent stuff from rolling under the bed. (and making it easier to keep clean) Apparently she had been there for days but nobody noticed until the smell started.

In the heat of COVID, I was staying at a hotel that had a note on the door that said for the safety of their staff, no one would enter my room until a week after I checked out. (to allow the virus to die) I remember that story and told my wife "Now is the time to kill a hooker and leave her under my bed. I can be in Mexico before they even go into my room to find her."

And by "a while back" I think it was right before COVID ramped up, because the story was very fresh in my mind.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There was a Dilbert cartoon where Wally and Dilbert were discussing this...

Theoretically, when I exit the shower I'm the cleanest thing in the house so the towel should get cleaner each time.

Methinks the OP needs to do more soaping up in his junk drawer if he's that anal about this.

The thought I'd only using a towel once? What's next, leaving lights on when you leave a room? :faint:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you take a shower, then find that drying yourself off turns your towel brown, you did the shower wrong.

Take a blacklight into a hotel room sometime. You'll forget all about the towels.

:):

For sure. There was a news piece on that many years ago. A news team went into a "clean" room and ran the blacklight.

That was when they found out that the comforter should not touch any part of your skin and the remote and faucet handles are some of the worst culprits for germs and more.

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Some place I stayed in Chicago had trash cans and recycle bins in the room. I left aluminum beer cans in the recycle. On checking out, they wanted to charge me an extra fee for emptying the recycle bin. I refused to pay it.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Some place I stayed in Chicago had trash cans and recycle bins in the room. I left aluminum beer cans in the recycle. On checking out, they wanted to charge me an extra fee for emptying the recycle bin. I refused to pay it.
    Tell them they should pay you for the scrap aluminum you left them. You did your part, emptying the cans.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Tell them they should pay you for the scrap aluminum you left them. You did your part, emptying the cans.
    This.

And thats an incredible racket. Get money from the guest to recycle, then get money from the recycler to turn them in.

A helluva double dip.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's what you get for traveling abroad.
    Speaking of which, I was just looking, and saw a place (I previously stayed at) in Bulgaria for $40 / night!

And it's a nice place - two floor studio apartment, kitchen, big comfy bed, and a big terrace that overlooks the city and fortress... the only downside was that the bathroom was upstairs, and everything else was downstairs.

But $40 a night?! I'm tellin' ya that country is a cheap spot for a vacay.

Top Bottom