LOL, hotels, you funny! You say you want to be green, but you really just want to use guilt to cut expenses.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Everybody funny. Now you funny too!

I'm sitting here having a small vacation in a reasonably nice hotel, not a Hilton, but nice enough. I'm used to the little plastic placards or what you may call them that ask you to use bath towels a second time. This little petroleum-based (!) guilt card that resides in my room declares that they will only replace towels every third day, unless asked to replace them more frequently.

Oh no, you're replacing mine every day. Depending on what I'm doing on vacation, I may even ask for extra towels.

I know there are those of you who reuse towels. Whatever. I think it's nasty, but whatever.

What I know is, I dry my face, then torso, then legs, then the nether regions. Then I throw the towel in the laundry basket, to be washed after a single use. Now, some people diverge here and hang the towel on the towel rack to dry, then use it at least a second time, the next day. I don't understand this. While I don't think most people would dry their naughty bits and corn chute before drying their face with a fresh towel, they have no problem drying their face with a towel they used the day before to dry their undercarriage, and rub it right across their face. Weird to most, but acceptable to some, like the towel rack is some sort of magical purifying machine.

But to get back on track, you hoteliers aren't fooling me with your push for people to be "green". Dropping inefficient resource-consuming buildings, and gobbling up former farmlands, and laying down petroleum based parking lots on former farm land (!) or forested areas (!), is not exactly what I would call a genuine commitment to "green".

And apparently, the way to save the planet is to rub the same same towels on your face tomorrow that you used to dry your fuzzy (or trimmed or shaved smooth) fun parts and that other place that's really close to it.

All these hotels pushing this reuse towel BS: Yes there are nasty people who will do that anyway, but you ain't fooling me. You just want to cut expenses. Nope, clean towel every day.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I will say that by the time I wipe the water from my tush, my tush has been cleaned. ie. the towel has only got wet with H2O. The nastiest part of the average human is the mouth. I do use fresh towels daily in hotels. I paid for multiple days and expect multiple towels. I use half the first set cleaning the place.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm ambivalent about towel reuse, but darn sure make hotels give me fresh towels every day. I completely agree that this is only an attempt by the hotel industry to save money. F that. I'm already being overcharged to sleep in your crappy little room with your crappy little bed and normally loud AC/heat unit. Why the heck am I going to give up something I've paid for? Fresh towels and fresh sheets daily thank you.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Another secret. I carry my on face towel on trips because I know what I used towels in hotels to wipe up in my younger days.. How many of us check for bedbugs before bringing in the luggage?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    When I stay at motels/hotels, I immediately put the "do not disturb" sign on the door and it stays there until I check out unless I'm staying for a long time.

I don't want anyone in my room.

The places I stay have enough fresh bath linens to last my entire stay without having to use them multiple times. Though it doesn't bother me to do so. No germaphobe here.

I'm sure in 30+ years of being a road warrior and eating at 100's of restaurants I have subjected myself to much worse things than my clean body being dried once or 4-5 times with the same towel. :)

So far, knock on wood, still alive and still healthy.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Another secret. I carry my on face towel on trips because I know what I used towels in hotels to wipe up in my younger days.. How many of us check for bedbugs before bringing in the luggage?
    I check for bed bugs and look under the beds for dead bodies being stuck in there.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You guys don't do designated top towel and bottom towel?
    face_butt_1.jpg

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    How true when we first moved here I was in a residence in for 3 months after seeing that idiotic little piece about being green I used every towel every day just to do my part to combat their little scam.

Funny thing is I brought my own towels that I washed as I would have at home.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I always check out the room before I bring anything in. Check for bedbugs, general cleanliness, and broken things. The room I stayed in this weekend, there was no key for the in-room safe, and someone had apparently pulled on the handle for the bathroom sink drain hard enough to disconnect it, so the drain was stuck shut. I quickly reconnected the drain so it worked, and decided I could do without the safe as it was the last first-floor room available. Otherwise, no bugs, and very clean. Frige was cold, microwave and TV operational, shower had excellent pressure. Even the dead hooker under the bed was still fresh enough for a couple more uses. :D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I always check out the room before I bring anything in. Check for bedbugs, general cleanliness, and broken things. The room I stayed in this weekend, there was no key for the in-room safe, and someone had apparently pulled on the handle for the bathroom sink drain hard enough to disconnect it, so the drain was stuck shut. I quickly reconnected the drain so it worked, and decided I could do without the safe as it was the last first-floor room available. Otherwise, no bugs, and very clean. Frige was cold, microwave and TV operational, shower had excellent pressure. Even the dead hooker under the bed was still fresh enough for a couple more uses. :D
    Fresh hookers make up for a multitude of housekeeping sins! :):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    See, I'm not the only one that looks for dead bodies!

Top Bottom