• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Picked up a paper during the 1500 today with the "Local" Appleseed schedule. Here they are:

Evansville: March 21-22, April 18-19, June 13-14
    Wabash: April 18-19
    Cloverdale: April 18-19
    Lafayette: April 18-19
    Riley (Terre Haute): April 25-26, July 25-26
    Auburn: May 16-17

Thats all the Indiana ones. They are not yet listed on the appleseed website.

clay

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm going to do an Appleseed this year for sure. I wish I could join you guys for the Lafayette class, but I have another commitment.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Picked up a paper during the 1500 today with the "Local" Appleseed schedule. Here they are:

Evansville: March 21-22, April 18-19, June 13-14
    Wabash: April 18-19
    Cloverdale: April 18-19
    Lafayette: April 18-19
    Riley (Terre Haute): April 25-26, July 25-26
    Auburn: May 16-17

Thats all the Indiana ones. They are not yet listed on the appleseed website.

clay

As the list gets finalized, there will be more than these 9. If anyone has any questions check out the rwva.org website, or feel free to IM me or any of the other RWVA riflemen, trainers, etc. here most especially Hawkhvn who is the IN state coordinator.

Everyone should attend, and if possible take the opportunity to camp the night. Many of our growing training corps comes from and hangs out here at INGO.

One of the cool things about this site is the opportunity to take training from all sorts of schools of skills and philosophy. You even get to go and see trainers from one school take classes from other trainers from other schools, and that my friends is rare!

Come to and Appleseed, learn your History, heritage and your rifle a bit better. Also come and meet friends you already know!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I might try to hit the one in Wabash.

The Wabash range is nice. They have a range out to 400 yds, so there may be the chance to do long range the second day. Be sure to check the details if you are interested in long range centerfire, as it does not happen at every AS.

I'm gonna do one this year, gotta get one in before I turn 21 :D

Why just one? My first AS was highly informative, and I learned a ton, but I think my shooting actually improved more at the second AS. The first time there is quite a bit of new information, and it can be difficult to integrate. I enjoyed them both, but I think the 2nd shoot was more fun because I was really able to implement the things I worked through the first time.

The other big thing is that your 1st AS highlights your equipment failures. Bad eye relief on your scope, wrong type of sling, reliability issues. A proper sling will make or break you, so be sure to have at least one with you.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Why just one? My first AS was highly informative, and I learned a ton, but I think my shooting actually improved more at the second AS. The first time there is quite a bit of new information, and it can be difficult to integrate. I enjoyed them both, but I think the 2nd shoot was more fun because I was really able to implement the things I worked through the first time.

The other big thing is that your 1st AS highlights your equipment failures. Bad eye relief on your scope, wrong type of sling, reliability issues. A proper sling will make or break you, so be sure to have at least one with you.

With school it's gonna be hard. My main reason to go before 21 is that I'd shoot for free, hopefully I'll get more than one in, but I'm not holding my breath.:noway:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    No, but 18 hours is gonna kill me this semester. August, so I definitely have time to fit some in. I'd need a 22 rifle though, only one I have is tube fed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I dont know if we could come up with a spare 10/22. :dunno:

If you are willing to make the time commitment, consider it done. Fred is covering your admission, so that's free. I will guarantee we can drum up a rifle. The ammo you need for the weekend is about $9. Besides that you need a ride. Do we know any Bloomington INGOers who are also an Appleseed IIT? I sure can't think of any. <cough>

An 18 hour course load is pretty busy, but if you reread the above paragraph, you'll see that a lot of things are being offered at low or no cost. Its a great opportunity, you just have to want it bad enough to make it work.

Let me know how I can help.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd need a 22 rifle though, only one I have is tube fed.
    I'm hoping to put together at least one LTR by spring. I have an acquaintance or two that might be able to assist with this.

BTW - If it turns out I can't go, the "Bunnygun" can go with you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Looks like the event at RileyCC on 25-26 April 2009 is my window of opportunity. Plan accordingly if you want to share the range with me or more importantly if you wish to avoid me! :D

Top Bottom