• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I\'ll often use a full magazine (28 or 30 rounds) to do it, and now . . . that\'s spendy!
    You should be able to count clicks and return exactly to your current zero. Also, after an Appleseed, you should be able to set zero with 3 shots or so. Confirm with a couple shots and be done. Inches - Minutes - Clicks. Just another skill of a Rifleman.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I shoot groups of 3-5 shots at a time when I zero an AR. That may not be the Appleseed way, but it's how I do it. I'll be happy to do it the Appleseed way when I'm shooting my .22 during the Appleseed event.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I shoot groups of 3-5 shots at a time when I zero an AR. That may not be the Appleseed way, but it's how I do it. I'll be happy to do it the Appleseed way when I'm shooting my .22 during the Appleseed event.

That is about the number of shots you would shoot in a group. However, after shooting one group, you should be able to measure the distance in elevation and windage changes.

At 25m, 0.25" is about 1 Minute of Angle. So you can convert your measurement to Minutes of Angle that need to change for both settings.

You should them know how many clicks on your sight associate to an MOA. Then simply adjust the number of clicks you found with the sighters.

Now 2-3 shots will confirm you are on zero and you are done.

Inches - Minutes - Clicks is one of the first things covered on Saturday and will save you a lot of money at the range, sighting in rifles.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Blackenedman,

Freedom was also my first Appleseed. Now my home range gets to host one. Check my new post for mini shoots scheduled also.

usafe7ret

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm really interested in going to the Riley one. I'll use my tax refund to get a 10/.22, I've been wanting one, so it'll be a good excuse.

Couple of questions. My girlfriend is interested. She has very little firearms experience, and no rifle experience what so ever. Basic firearms safety she knows and understands, but that's pretty much all. I'll talk to her this weekend, but is it tentatively possible to get a loner rifle for her?

Also you guys that registered for that one, did you mention something about INGO? It would be a blast to share the line with some of you guys, been looking forward to meeting ya'll.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I had a great time in Freedom, met a lot of great people. I also met and spoke with you at the 1500 last year (in June maybe?) I still remember the wash-cloth cheekpiece! Great example of adapting and overcoming... I hope to be able to make a mini before April for a brush-up. Only missed my patch by a few points in Freedom, and want to make sure to get it in Cloverdale. Really looking forward to it!

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Couple of questions. My girlfriend is interested. She has very little firearms experience, and no rifle experience what so ever. Basic firearms safety she knows and understands, but that's pretty much all. I'll talk to her this weekend, but is it tentatively possible to get a loner rifle for her?

When you register, just let us know that you need a loaner. Several instructors bring loaners for just that purpose And your girlfriend won't have any bad habits to break, like some of the rest of us have.

If she has questions, you might get her on the Appleseed site and read the gals comments that have been to shoots.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I expect all INGO people who are not wearing the instuctor's cap to instead be wearing an INGO cap. That is the best way to ID yourself to others!

Jezebel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    JByer323, I hope that you seriously encourage your girlfriend to attend an Appleseed. The first time that I went I had very little experience and was very intmidated. I ended up having a great time. Everyone was super nice and very helpfull. My only suggestion is that if you can somehow swing it, get her a gun with a scope. I started the weekend with iron sights had terrible results. The next day my boyfriend and I switched rifles (his has a scope) and my groups got MUCH better.

Like, I actually hit the target ;)

Top Bottom