• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mojonasty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    hello gentlemen , I had a chance to buy a Llama .45 that looked like a 1911 . guy wanted $400. It looked well maintained and shot about a dozen rounds flawlessly (not saying much i guess) but had markings saying gab..... CIA vitorio (I think Spain) It had a checkered grip and side of receiver said something and new hampshire. Idiot was trying to tell me it was worth alot but I don t trust his opinion.(I don t think hes owned many guns). Anyway some useful info would be appreciated thanks fellas.:dunno:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'd probably pass on that one. Llama's are ok guns to plink around with but that seems a bit high to me. :twocents:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've had two, both were pretty decent guns, but $400 is a bit high. There have been some Llamas on here for about $300-350, those were the Llama-max 10 rd double stacks....offer him $200 and go from there, good luck

Sonsofthunder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    There may be a story or two of a content owner, but I know more than enough to stray away. Especially for $400. If I was looking for a cheap 1911, I'd be way more likely to spend that on a rock island, or similar. Llamas are good for one thing - wool

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I have had a few Llamas , never had a problem with them good plinkers .'
    Wouldn't be affraid to throw one in the truck for the truck gun .

That being said , I have NEVER EVER nor will I ever give over $150-200 for one :ingo:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    contact Nighthawk80 about what his opinion,

Poor kid thought he couldn't shoot and I let him borrow a 45 that was not a llama and he figured out it was the gun and not him.

His will shoot 2 magazines in a 2 inch group then 10 in a 12 inch group then may come back into it. Tolerance stackup.

If I was wanting a throwaway gun $200 might be the top of the limit.

And as you've noted most people who talk alot have nothing to say

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I have a llama mini-max .40 s&w, I love it. The main problem you will find with the .40 is no magazines the .45 will use colt mags. However $400 is way overpriced.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had a Llama 9MM 1911 way back when. It was the worst gun I ever owned, I will never own another. I sold it to a pawn shop as I did not want to burden anyone I knew with the weapon.

The plunger spring housing was made of plastic and promptly broke and fell off, and the gun had more sharp edges than a throwing star. It would also jam constantly.

This was 20 years ago and I still have strong feelings about Llamas... that tell you anything?

SCREWLOOSETC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    I played with one for awhile. Only Lama parts will fit the thing. I paid $250 and sold it for same. It was like new. It ate everything I fed it. Would not have another, My Randalls have spoiled me.
    Tom

Mojonasty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    I talked to him a little bit ago and I offered $175. he Laughed and told me i was f******* nuts. I laughed and said thank you. Oh well I ll let him ponder on it. Thanks for the input gentlmen.

Top Bottom