jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Indiana grandmother to be sentenced Wednesday in Capitol riot​

With more to come I hope. Granny should have stayed home, but had to feed into the lie she read about on facebook.

This remark from her was striking.

“At first it didn’t dawn on me, but later I realized that if every person like me, who wasn’t violent, was removed from that crowd, the ones who were violent may have lost the nerve to do what they did. For that I am sorry and take responsibility. It was never my intent to help empower people to act violently.”

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This remark from her was striking.

“At first it didn’t dawn on me, but later I realized that if every person like me, who wasn’t violent, was removed from that crowd, the ones who were violent may have lost the nerve to do what they did. For that I am sorry and take responsibility. It was never my intent to help empower people to act violently.”
    So as a non-violent protester she is taking responsibility for the violent ones?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    She was not but the question still remains. Should she take responsibility for the actions of the violent protesters?
    I don't see anything wrong with her comment. She is probably right. She isn't taking responsibility for their actions, only for helping to enable them. I imagine if the generally peaceful part of the crowd had backed off, the others probably would not have had the nerve to do what they did.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Indiana grandmother to be sentenced Wednesday in Capitol riot​

With more to come I hope. Granny should have stayed home, but had to feed into the lie she read about on facebook.
    I wish an extremely aggressive cancer on the prosecution. If we can't do anything about people who burn, cause personal injury/death, and loot, yet we can be so lenient as to give only probation to someone guilty of walking and maybe taking a selfie or two I will sleep better at night thinking of those people burning in Hell.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a problem with anyone being held without bail or without a “reasonable” bail.

the situation in the DC with the people being held is not justice, regardless of if anyone did anything wrong they are all essentially being punished prior to actually being convicted of any crime.

at this point even if they beat the charges their lives are essentially in ruins. House most likely foreclosed on, car likely repoed, job probably lost.

how is this justice?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom