• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I went to shoot mine for the first time and after 6-7 shots the trigicon flew off. Couldn’t find the screws so that was that. I still need to get the correct screws for it and try again. I can’t remember if I had tightened the screws to the proper specs or not so it was most likely my fault. I had other 10s with me so I shot them and just never got back to the G pistol.
    I screwed down the Vortex Venom pretty tight and used LocTite. I'm actually more worried about when or if I ever want to take it off. lol
    I made sure the screw on top that holds the battery in is screwed down tightly as well. I've seen videos of that screw flying off. :):

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Someone has to be the jerk that says “my favorite 10mm handgun is a 9mm” and “my favorite 10mm rifle is either a 5.56 or .308”.

10mm is the “I want to hit hard pistol round” and the “I can’t keep up with real rifle calibers.”

Ok, there, I’ve said it. Let the anger fly.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Someone has to be the jerk that says “my favorite 10mm handgun is a 9mm” and “my favorite 10mm rifle is either a 5.56 or .308”.

10mm is the “I want to hit hard pistol round” and the “I can’t keep up with real rifle calibers.”

And yet you bothered to enter a post titled 'List Your 10mm'. :scratch:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

:bat:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Honestly, I've never really felt the "urge" or the "gotta have it" feeling for 10 mm's... that is until we started getting in Rock Island 1911 10mms at the gun desk I work part time for spending cash.

That gun just feels so right in my hand!

If it weren't for the scarcity of 10 mm, I would have one already. I guess the gun and ammo gods will let me know when the time is right... when some quality 10 mm ammo appears. :)

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Honestly, I've never really felt the "urge" or the "gotta have it" feeling for 10 mm's... that is until we started getting in Rock Island 1911 10mms at the gun desk I work part time for spending cash.

That gun just feels so right in my hand!

If it weren't for the scarcity of 10 mm, I would have one already. I guess the gun and ammo gods will let me know when the time is right... when some quality 10 mm ammo appears. :)
    Yup, looks like you still have to order 10mm ammo online. When I picked up my G40 @ Range USA, they only had a few boxes of Hornady Critical Duty in stock. They had a crap ton of 9mm in stock however. Gotta give them credit for that. Actually, I am a bit surprised guns & ammo prices haven't sky rocketed yet. ? That's why I was in a bit of a hurry to buy my G40. I think things are going to get worse before they get better. ? Seems nobody knows what the hell is going on anymore. lol

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    An M&P full size 10mm is inbound. Can't wait
    I looked at those myself. Very nice pistol. I may have bought it if I wasn't so addiment about the barrel being 6". :naughty: I REALLY liked that new(ish) Kimber 10mm longslide. But, just wasn't ready to spend that kind of money. Maybe some other time.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been wanting a Sig P220 but as prices have climbed, they got above what I'm willing to spend on a 10mm range toy, so this will do. It will do really well I hope

SpartanYeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Osceola, IN 46561, USA
    It depends on what you want to do with your 10mm... Back county/ Bear Defense carry? Hunting? Target? EDC?

I've personally shot the Sig p220 and the Glock 20 (Gen 3 sf and Gen 4), and a Colt Delta Elite.

Sig stock trigger is way better but only has 8+1 capacity. Very good shooter. Heavier side for carry.

Glock 20 has 15+1 Capacity and can carry well with a good holster. (Also available in long slide G40 or subcompact G29).

Personally intrigued by the M&P but its new and doesn't have a proven track record in 10mm yet (but initial reports are good if its cleaned and oiled per the manual)... the 4" barrel and 15+1 should CC very well. Also available in 4.6" I believe.

Personally have never liked the Springfield XDM ergonomics.

Colt Delta Elite was very accurate but the one I shot seemed to have magazine issues and was not reliable.

*** Patiently waiting for a Carry sized SIG P320 in 10mm!

Eric94

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2022
    Georgetown
    Springfield XDM 10mm 4.5" barrel is my choice for now.
    Controllable, accurate, nice trigger, thin slide and grip, grip texture is good, sights are excellent, and it goes bang every time.

I chose it over a Glock 20 due to the slimmer grip, which I prefer.
    I do like glocks though, so I might pick one up one day.

The Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 10mm looks decent. I might look into getting one in the future.

The subcompacts don't interest me too much.
    I want a full grip with 10mm and I tend to open carry more than I conceal carry this caliber.

It's my hiking in bear country caliber at the moment.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The M&P 10mm should be here on Friday. Hopefully I can get to the range over the weekend to give it a go. I’ve had 2 G20s in the past and a G29. I wanted to like the G20. I picked the first one up and then after a while sold it because I just didn’t like it much. I picked the second one up to give a Gen 4 a try with the same results. The G29 was not any better for me.

I’ve got a 550 tool head set up for 10mm with a nice set of Dillon dies and a decent stock of 10mm reloads waiting. I don’t shoot the Delta Elite that often but am hoping to get the M&P out regularly.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've been wanting a Sig P220 but as prices have climbed, they got above what I'm willing to spend on a 10mm range toy, so this will do. It will do really well I hope
    You'll like the M&P 10mm a lot compared to a Glock 20.
    I got the 4.6" and knew as soon as I fired it I was selling my Glock 20.

Besides fitting my hand much better, it points better and it's got really good chamber support.
    My only complaint is they haven't made extra magazines available much yet last I checked.

Top Bottom