• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I was at Class 3 sales in New Carlisle Friday, I had the range to myself. The range has maybe the best prices around. Class 3 is a sponsor of Ingo so if you up north check it out. They also have rentals and a great selection of firearms as well. Check it out, you will not be sorry. Thanks Class 3

Wheeler78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    I've skimmed through this maybe it's been answered all ready but i'm looking for an indoor range near muncie any help with this?

nosreme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Bloomington (visits)
    Disappointed...have visited my son in Bloomington twice now and have completely struck out on finding any ranges in the vicinity--surprising for such a big city in such a gun-friendly state.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Not a very gun friendly town though.

I wouldn't say that, there are quite a few of us down here. The problem is the ranges that were here for years were on IU property and IU isn't very gun friendly. Bloomington is liberal, but even a lot of the liberals own guns(you know, for zombies ;) ), it's still Indiana. We also have a HUGE amount of veterans in Monroe county. You can shoot in the Hoosier National Forest, though not in wilderness areas, but check for restrictions near roads and trails.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Disappointed...have visited my son in Bloomington twice now and have completely struck out on finding any ranges in the vicinity--surprising for such a big city in such a gun-friendly state.
    Bloomington is NOT gun friendly. IU and Cook inc have over the last 2 decades, turned the town into a haven for the blissninnies. A shame actually since the towns heritage was so richly conservative. The only place I'm currently aware of is a shotgun range owned and used by the rotary club used every other week for drunken competition by the towns elders....if that even still exists. My stepfather participated when we lived there and always brought home a turkey or some other big tray of raw meat....good time those were...

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I agree with you about Don's. Some of those people who work there are either rude or arrogant. I don't drive up there anymore, too far and not worth the time and driving.

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Went to Applied Ballistics in Lafayette this week and heartily recommend it. 15 indoor lanes up to 25 yards with nice store, rentals, clean restrooms and really nice people. My wife and I both enjoyed it.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I have seen several comments regarding not wasting time going to Don's.

I am a newbie and would like to find an indoor range to shoot my 12 gauge and .22 this winter around the Indy area. What are the negatives of Don's?

kspa57

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Avon
    How much is the cost in Applied Ballistics? I would like to find some ranges near Avon, I'm new to Indy something close. Oh did go to Don's.......big mistake, and Pop Guns it ok to much for me considering 19$ for hour regardles even if your there for 40min. and that you can only brass ammo are allowed. Had to buy their ammo. No negatives just too much for me.

kspa57

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Avon
    Sorry for the type-os, fast typing:ar15: college papers, I did find 2 do far that meet my needs, for a handgun and a rifle. 1st Attebury range and 2nd Applied Ballsitics. I only found info. on this forum and review, but nothing about the cost or hidden cost(like deposits) and amout of people there. I would like to try one or the other tommorow, well depend on the weather, if any one could give the pros and cons. Thanks ahead:patriot:

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Sorry for the type-os, fast typing:ar15: college papers, I did find 2 do far that meet my needs, for a handgun and a rifle. 1st Attebury range and 2nd Applied Ballsitics. I only found info. on this forum and review, but nothing about the cost or hidden cost(like deposits) and amout of people there. I would like to try one or the other tommorow, well depend on the weather, if any one could give the pros and cons. Thanks ahead:patriot:

Where are you located? Atterbury is a great range, run by nice people. There are no hidden costs, no deposits. They hold your DL while you shoot, and you pay when you are done. $6 per hour. They do sell ammo, targets, and reloading supplies, but you can bring your own targets and ammo. Oh, don't forget a staplegun or tack to hang targets.:welcome:

Top Bottom