• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    For Laserscribe, does it have to be a stripped receiver or can I just take off the stock and pistol grip? I'm hoping to take it to him next week.

I did none of which. They did my engraving on built lower, which is pretty impressive given kns anti rotation were nearly in the way. He handed me my CTR stock back just so wouldn't get lost.

Next lower hopefully wont have built in winter trigger guard and I will have done next to trigger.

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    Here's some engraving work done by LaserScribe. Definitely happy with the outcome!

9277562100_105f18b9f6_b.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Very happy with Ident!:yesway:

To each his own, but I prefer to support my local guys...

Ident may do good work but the online persona given off by the 2 guys that run the place is that of arrogant a**holes... just my experience with them.. I've had no need to send anything to them because my local Indiana guys already do fantastic work...

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    +1 on supporting local shops. That's how I found this forum, this thread, looking for an engraver. Haven't decide who yet. They just approved my form 1 on the 8th, so I won't have my papers for probably another month yet. I'm gonna check out if any of these shops can make an appointment for an in person trip. I hate the thought of mailing off a lower I've been waiting months on for papers...

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I recently had sp3worker do some engraving for an AR-15 SBR. He did great work, while I waited. I enjoyed meeting and talking with him. I wouldn't hesitate to have him help out on future projects. If you're in the NE part of the state and need engraving, give him a call!

He couldn't do the front of the mag well. No big deal (I only asked about doing it there since that's where my other SBR was done).

A couple of spots my aluminum black didn't "take." Not sure what's up with that....
    copyofimg7053.jpg

In the white:
    copyofimg7049.jpg

-rvb
    Is this legal? Just got my form 1 back, engraving is the next step, but would the feds balk at initials or a shortened name (Al for Albert). I have a long last name.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Holy crap that was fast! I put a call into the ATF just before I did the last post. They called me back already. Looks like you have to spell it out like you wrote it on the form 1.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Is this legal? Just got my form 1 back, engraving is the next step, but would the feds balk at initials or a shortened name (Al for Albert). I have a long last name.

Picture is edited so as to not flash my last name all over the internet. If my name were "First Lastname," it's engraved as "F LASTNAME". "F L" is all that I show in the [edited] photo.

-rvb

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    It is my understanding that they want first, middle, and last name now. I could be wrong. I have a lower that is engraved this way and it has a total of 21 characters, it all fit under the trigger with room to spare.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Lady from the ATF told me however it is spelled out on your form 1... that's how it has to be engraved. Dropped off my lower at Laser Scribe today. If they do as good of work as I've seen here, I should be happy. At least I'll be legal.

Got an American flag on the right magwell of my Spikes lower. Name goes above, city & state below. Should be sharp.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Lady from the ATF told me however it is spelled out on your form 1... that's how it has to be engraved. Dropped off my lower at Laser Scribe today. If they do as good of work as I've seen here, I should be happy. At least I'll be legal.

Got an American flag on the right magwell of my Spikes lower. Name goes above, city & state below. Should be sharp.

Ted is GTG, I had this one done in 09'

pasonik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    image.jpg

Here's my upper Sig 556 pistol, engraved by Dan Kuntz of DRK Global MFG in Mishawaka, In, ready to convert to a SBR as soon as I receive my tax stamp. The picture doesn't do the engraving justice. I think it really looks nice!

Top Bottom