• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Sorry, it was postponed...due to no funding to enforce it...

Auditor: Sir, we need to inspect your bunker to make sure you have the legal lightbulbs installed...

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The plant in VA already closed and the jobs already left the country. GE still makes the bulbs, just not in the US any more. At this time, it is a moot point. Damage is done.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The plant in VA already closed and the jobs already left the country. GE still makes the bulbs, just not in the US any more. At this time, it is a moot point. Damage is done.

Except it won't be unlawful for us to purchase incandescent lightbulbs of whatever provenance after 1 JAN.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I couldn't believe that George Bush the Second could be as stupid as his dad George Bush the First, but banning incandescent light bulbs was just as stupid as banning firearms just because they "looked evil". I have been trying to figure out what Bush2 bulbs to use to replace the fancy ones in my dining room chandelier, but glad that congress actually did something right and stopped the stupidity. We the people should choose what we buy, not "they the government".

Does this mean there actually are some intelligent people left in our government???

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Damn CFLs aren't the save-all they claimed anyway. . .of course it might have to do with the country of origin?

Let's see, poison in baby food, poison in dog food, exploding cfls, substandard "chips" in military hardware. . . .feel free to add to the list.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Does this mean there actually are some intelligent people left in our government???
    Nope. Quite the opposite, in fact. If they were intelligent and actually cared they would have repealed the ban. They're just delaying things, which does no good in the long run. They're all still a bunch of cowards.

BBill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    I've got a whole closet full of them! Anyone know the shelf life on a light bulb??

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Maybe I can fund my retirement by selling light bulbs on the black market? People in the old Soviet Union made a lot of money in the black market T-paper business. With America heading the same way, seems a lot of money could be made.

Top Bottom