• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My hand have nerve damage in my left hand so I play like a lap guitar. My figers are short and slide seems the way to go.

Reactions: Leo

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I picked up a new travel guitar a few weeks back. It was a customer return at Musician's Friend and was $200 below regular price. When it arrived I figured out pretty quickly that the headphone jack was cutting out. I already had plans for new electronics so when I told Musician's Friend about it they refunded me $35 which is more than a new wiring kit from StewMac costs. Here's what it looked like when I bought it.
    sMCsF7Oh.jpg

I did some tweaking to get it more to my liking, dropped a Seymour Duncan JB and all news pots/cap/wiring and a 2" round, framed mirror to cover up the logo and as a nod to Adam Jones. I'm absolutely thrilled with how this thing plays. Other than the difference in weight distribution I love it.
    PaZzN0Th.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Added another one to the collection today. I first saw one of these on Youtube about six months ago and thought it was kind of cool. This one popped up on FB MP a few weeks ago and I talked myself out of it for awhile but I didn't have anything to do today so I figured why not go check it out. It was in better shape than I was expecting from the photos but it hadn't been played or cleaned in a very long time. Paid $200 for it, brought it home and spent a few hours cleaning it up. Unfortunately the factory tuners are complete trash so I'll have to find replacement but other than that I like it. Here's the obligatory pic with it sitting by my 05 Faded.

tbi5kcZh.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This will be my last new guitar post or my wife is gonna beat me to death with one of em.

I rolled the dice on a seller with no feedback and located in South Korea. I'd asked a few questions but never made an offer. The seller sent me an offer a couple of days later (almost half of the average asking price on Reverb) and I couldn't help but take the risk (purchased through Reverb and paid with Paypal so it was a calculated risk). It arrived this afternoon and is in better shape than I thought overall. Man oh man does it play like nothing else. I may be selling off the others before long.......

My long awaited 1979 Les Paul Custom Silverburst

YWCh4Nah.jpg

uXvZjk2h.jpg

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I am a musical idiot so I ask this question. My son "borrowed" some $ and left me a Mesa Boogie amp in place of $1500. Has my investment matured or do I need to wait another 20 years? Thank You

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I am a musical idiot so I ask this question. My son "borrowed" some $ and left me a Mesa Boogie amp in place of $1500. Has my investment matured or do I need to wait another 20 years? Thank You

Just did a quick eBay and they started at $600 for a parts only to 3k plus with all kinds of in between. You need to know the model #.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Depending on what you have, yes, you could be in a very nice place. Even if it’s a bottom of the line model, you’re at least half way back to even.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Ok, back with some info. What I thought was an amp is 2 12" Mesa Black Shadow speakers. Behind it tho is a hard plastic case marked GATOR. The ends are removable with one end filled with wiring hookups. The other end has a 50/50 Mesa tube amp mounted, a 2 channel Mesa quad pre amp and a DigiTech processor for the top piece. All look professionally mounted. I think I made out OK but I'll give my son the option to recoop.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom