• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I ordered a Blade Tech shooters pack for my FN the Sunday before last. Still had not arrived yet, so I shot them an email. I got a quick and curtious reply back. I did not know they hand made their holsters. That explains the hefty price tag. Oh well, a good quality holster is an important tool for daily carry and self defense. I have heard nothing but good things about their products. I'm anxious to start carrying my FN. The wait is killing me :laugh:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    IIRC, Blade-Tech has two holster lines, kydex and injection molded. The kydex holsters are indeed more expensive because they are made-to-order, though they try to keep rigs for certain gun makes/models in stock for faster delivery. The injection molded stuff is mass produced and is generally in stock at any given time, though the list of makes/models is much less expansive.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was not for sure. Just found what I wanted and ordered it. This is my first Blade Tech purchase. Thankfully they make holsters for the FN, because I almost lost hope.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I oredered a Bladetech for my M&P 9mm after I got it. It took about two weeks to get it, but it was worth the wait. It has the Smith and Wesson Logo molded right on the side! :rockwoot: It is my favorite holster by far. Looks sharp and carries nice. You will like yours for sure.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I have a Raven holster for my full size XDm... honestly, I don't care for it as much as I thought I would. It doesn't seem to fit me very well for IWB wear, so I switched it to OWB for the range and put on the rubber loop snaps. Well the first trip to the range one of the rivets on a snap pulled out.

Lastly, while it holds the XDm very nicely from the custom heat form, it is hard to re-holster. The molding has a pocket to account for the take down lever on the side of the frame once it is fully holstered, but not a channel to account for letting it in. So basically when I try to re-holster the lever snags the top edge of the holster every time. I suppose all it would take it some reheating to add a very slight starting channel. Maybe I'll give it a try. Maybe I'll wait for the next 1500...

Anyway. Hope you enjoy your Blade Tech!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well I have never heard anyone say anything negative about Blade Tech. So I figured it would be worth the money. I also like the fact you can use the same holster for belt, or switch to the paddle. Instead of having to have two different holsters. That and it comes with a double mag pouch. I figured it up price wise, and the shooters pack was just over $10 less. Then if you bought the holster, paddle attachment, and mag pouch separately. Not a huge savings, but it payed for shipping. Really looking forward to carrying my FN, and putting the holster through its paces.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Well I have never heard anyone say anything negative about Blade Tech. So I figured it would be worth the money. I also like the fact you can use the same holster for belt, or switch to the paddle. Instead of having to have two different holsters. That and it comes with a double mag pouch. I figured it up price wise, and the shooters pack was just over $10 less. Then if you bought the holster, paddle attachment, and mag pouch separately. Not a huge savings, but it payed for shipping. Really looking forward to carrying my FN, and putting the holster through its paces.

Yes the paddle or belt option is very nice. The paddle looked kind of large to me initially, but was very comfortable. It is a bear to get off your belt. It took me a few times to get the hang of it, because of the way it hooks on. Which is good. Very secure rig,you will like it for sure.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have a Raven holster for my full size XDm... honestly, I don't care for it as much as I thought I would. It doesn't seem to fit me very well for IWB wear, so I switched it to OWB for the range and put on the rubber loop snaps. Well the first trip to the range one of the rivets on a snap pulled out.

Lastly, while it holds the XDm very nicely from the custom heat form, it is hard to re-holster. The molding has a pocket to account for the take down lever on the side of the frame once it is fully holstered, but not a channel to account for letting it in. So basically when I try to re-holster the lever snags the top edge of the holster every time. I suppose all it would take it some reheating to add a very slight starting channel. Maybe I'll give it a try. Maybe I'll wait for the next 1500...

Contact INGO member "Tom Fineis" with ANY issues at all with your Raven Gear.

He (and the rest of RCS) will work to make it right by you.

-J-

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

If you haven't talked to Raven about your issues, then shame on you. They guarantee their products unconditionally. I had a custom-made pocket-folder/pocket tool/flashlight carrier made. It didn't fit right and I sent it back to them; they re-designed it and I got _both_ carriers back.

I also bought an IWB holster for my G27; after a year it started to crack, at least partially because I put a CT laser grip on it; they replaced it with a better one, modified for the CT grip.

I've also heard they're like six-weeks behind on their orders, so they must be doing something right.

Top Bottom