• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don't take umbrage to you saying that neither of us are going to change our minds; I get that. I don't accuse you of being any more close-minded than I am.

But once you've admitted that this online conversation is not going to change either of our minds, then I have to ask, what's the point? For me, the point is that I'm willing to explain my logic and reasoning, and present evidence you might not be aware of, and in exchange I hope to maybe receive some insight into your thought process, and maybe be presented with some evidence that I wasn't aware of, too. I don't see how the approach of short, two-line posts, which simply restate the same position over and over with slightly different wording, while pointedly ignoring any questions raised by the other party, serves this end.

Or, if this is not the end you are seeking by participating in this conversation, I have to ask (though at this point I'm starting to be afraid I am asking in vain, since it's been a long time since you gave an answer to any question I posed) what is your reason for still participating in this conversation?
    I dont live to work or much less to post on the internet. Like ive posted before, I happen to have a life away from the internet. I'm at the range with a few old Remingtons as I post this.
    Gonna test a few new loads in the 308 PSS before getting it rebarreled this winter.
    And wring out my first Vortex.

700 Remingtons, more fun than telling your neighbors how to run their lives.

20221006_153331.jpg [/url]

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I dont live to work or much less to post on the internet. Like ive posted before, I happen to have a life away from the internet. I'm at the range with a few old Remingtons as I post this.
    Gonna test a few new loads in the 308 PSS before getting it rebarreled this winter.

View attachment 228708 [/url]
    I understand the whole "I have a life to live outside the internet" thing. Here's the issue: If you don't have enough time in your life to add meaningfully to the conversation, and engage in debate by answering simply questions, why even jump in here? Do you really think your one-liners are going to help sway anyone's opinions, or are you just trying to rile people up?

And as a side note, how is what you're doing any less of "telling your neighbors how to run their lives" than what I'm doing?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    lol. Funny how finally when one of you all noticed, now ALL of you notice it.
    :lmfao:
    Dude, this is lame

We expect at worst someone on this site may be uninformed, not that they (if your current tack is to be believed) will deliberately be offering up misinformation as some kind of bizarre test of whether other members fact check them (or should need to)

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Gets butt handed to him in debate in politics sub on gun forum....posts gun pics for cred.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Im the one imposing my values by believing in a womans choice to choose. lol
    Want to change it? Teach your sons better.

Im not one to picket in front of a Planned Parenthood clinic or a Hobby Lobby for either side.
    If a woman doesn't want her to have an abortion baby, SHe has the power to control his sperm keep her legs closed. Control it Keep 'em closed. 'Hits Easy Button'
    Its so easy, my grandfathers have no illegitimate children, gchildren or ggchildren in our family.

Good day.
    You act as if the woman has no responsibility in these events and somehow is forced to 'clean up' after the evil, no account male

Perhaps the woman should consider that sex without protection is a risk she is willingly taking and she would not need to be 'free' to 'choose' to kill her unborn child if she took elementary precautions, as well as that any man who would insist she take that risk arguably doesn't care about much more than momentary relief and isn't worth having around

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Translation: I don't have time to constantly post on this thread because I have a life outside of the internet. I can prove it by returning to an internet thread full of my posts to post a picture from the real world to prove how little time I have to post things on the internet. :rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nothin' like a newbie fight... :boxing:

200.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Everything I read said that the video released was all edited out of context though.
    I am at a loss to conceive of any 'context' in which discussing selling tissue and body parts from aborted babies, with the offered option of customizing procedures to optimize the product, could be so modified by editing as to have the unexpurgated video somehow be innocent

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What I read says those were still edited.
    The analysis by Fusion GPS concluded that the longer version was also edited, with skips and missing footage.[1][2]
    Well, I'm sure Fusion GPS knows a lot about manipulating information to support a narrative

Not sure that would have me trust them to tell the truth in this matter rather than serve the narrative

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Protip: you'll likely wait a very long time for him to address posts that he's "missed" due to having a life outside INGO. I never did get a response to this one:

The one human being who loses a life during abortion doesn't get a say in the matter, doesn't get to choose not to participate in an abortion, and is denied the "let live" part of that philosophy.
    Perhaps his idealogical brethren could see it as more of a tragedy if we emphasized that as many as 7.1% of those aborted babies could have been L,G,B or T

They seem not to care about how many of them are BIPOC

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Well, I'm sure Fusion GPS knows a lot about manipulating information to support a narrative

Not sure that would have me trust them to tell the truth in this matter rather than serve the narrative
    This Fusion GPS?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I have no dog in this fight, however, its ironic in the same paragraph as "i have a life outside of the internet" to say "im at the range right now".

So, youre posting on the internet about how youre not on the internet and youre doing something other than being on the internet while posting it on the internet?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Or it could be they havent done any wrongs.

A few here make loads of assumptions about me and my choices. So Ive been called a democrat, troll, no moral compass, I believe what the government tells me and other things.
    Its not intentional to miss your posts, I have a life other than this forum.

I believe in personal choices in life, thats where we differ. Pro Choice with many things. Dont want a firearm? Dont buy one.
    Dont want to drink alcohol? Dont drink alcohol.
    Dont want an abortion? Dont get one.
    Impose you values to those in your house, let your neighbors live by there own values.
    Live and let live, Seems so easy to do.

I cant imagine telling a woman what she can and cant do with her personal medical decisions.

A funny thing was said to me at the reloading swap meet after a ten minute conversation between a few of us.
    Wow, in person you seem so reasonable.
    I think the most shocking thing is that I have yet to see you say that abortion is bad, even though you support the woman's right to choose. If I missed it, sorry. You Just say that its not your place to tell others what to do with their bodies and wash your hands of the abomination.

I too share some of those Libertarian ideas. But I have a conscience and can say that I shouldnt say what a woman can do with her body. But when it crosses the line and harms another human being there is a problem. Its no different than a woman prostituting herself. Perfectly fine generally, but when she knowingly has an STD and continues, recklessly infecting her partners, thats a problem. And it is wrong.

But in this case, its not that I dont want to tell a woman what do to with HER body. Thats not the point. The whole point is the baby that has its brains sucked out and is torn limb from limb that I disagree with. And that is wrong. Which is the whole point of "pro life vs pro baby killing."

Whats the old saying? "The right to swing your fist stops at the tip of my nose." And so I guess for this discussion, her right to wave that vacuum (or coathanger) around stops at her cervix.

And if you cant admit that killing an unborn child is wrong (even though its none of your business what the mom does :rolleyes: ), then may God have mercy on your soul.

EDIT: And maybe I recall you saying you are an atheist, so Im sure the retort will be "doesnt matter, there is no God." And you are free to believe that. The problem with that is If you are right and I'm wrong, no harm done. I have nothing to lose by believing. However if I'm right and you are wrong, you have EVERYTHING to lose."

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I mean, what are they gonna do, show footage inside a bathroom stall?

When I say unedited I mean that none of the conversations were edited. Unless they were chatting on the stool, there's not going to be any context missing.
    You are merely taking their word for that. Yes, they should have released the WHOLE video. That is how you would put to bed the other side's argument against it.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    You are merely taking their word for that. Yes, they should have released the WHOLE video. That is how you would put to bed the other side's argument against it.
    This argument is just silly. You really want them to put video of people using the restroom on youtube?

What possible, conceivable context or piece of conversation could've made what was shown in these videos any different?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This argument is just silly. You really want them to put video of people using the restroom on youtube?

What possible, conceivable context or piece of conversation could've made what was shown in these videos any different?
    Without the unedited version it simply looks like they are hiding something. True or not, that is the perception.

I bet if things were flipped and it was some group you didn't agree with that made the video, you would not take their word that the missing video was all bathroom breaks and such.

Top Bottom