LE shoots New Years reveler through fence.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It is not "punishable by death", and it shouldn`t have been, but stop denying the responsibility the Darwin Award winner owned in his demise. If he`s obeying the law, he`s still alive today. Sheesh.
    No one is arguing the dead guy was right in firing his weapon into the air. Seems like everyone but you can see that both the officer and dead guy can be wrong.

I also notice that you chose not to respond to the actual officers that commented on this story, who all disagree with you as well.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    No one is arguing the dead guy was right in firing his weapon into the air. Seems like everyone but you can see that both the officer and dead guy can be wrong.

I also notice that you chose not to respond to the actual officers that commented on this story, who all disagree with you as well.
    Do I have to point out that I disagree with every single post that goes contrary to my opinion? Consider this to be that! You can bet there are officers who don`t crucify the officer for how he responded.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do I have to point out that I disagree with every single post that goes contrary to my opinion? Consider this to be that! You can bet there are officers who don`t crucify the officer for how he responded.

Saying someone made the wrong call is crucifying? He made the wrong call. Likely not out of malice any more than a surgeon who makes the wrong cut, and I understand the stress, physical reaction, time pressure, etc. The fact the shooter is wrong as well doesn't absolve the officer of his decisions.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Marquetta Williams, James' wife, told The Canton Repository her husband had been using her AR-15 rifle to fire celebratory rounds that she said were a New Year's tradition in their neighborhood.

Wow.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Don't know if this has been brought up, but the victim could have been using blanks...

Could have been (though, let's be honest, nobody would bet $1 he was using blanks vs live ammo), but legally irrelevant at the time the decision to shoot/not-shoot is made. You are judged on what you knew or reasonably should have known, not every possible hypothetical.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wow. Just, wow.

Even for INGO, this thread is special.

Never thought I'd see such a impassioned defense of such a clear violation of Rule #4. Especially in the face of 100% disagreement.

200.gif

Tactial Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2014
    Somewhere Behind You
    I rarely if ever post here. I mostly just read. But...I had this happen to me back when I was a Deputy, and one of the few times I was not on holiday duty. I was standing outside my house and a block over a drunk guy was cracking off rounds with a shotgun, in what sounded like a group of people. I could hear the pellets bouncing around, but my view was obscured by a fence. I grabbed my radio and gun and ran across the street, jumped the fence and held the guy at gunpoint until city units could back me up for an arrest. I feel there is no excuse for shooting blind thru a barrier, unless you have rounds whizzing by you. The officer put the pubic at extreme risk. I have not been a LEO for some time, but I cannot see a reason to do what this officer did. My humble 2c.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow. Just, wow.

Even for INGO, this thread is special.

Never thought I'd see such a impassioned defense of such a clear violation of Rule #4. Especially in the face of 100% disagreement.

200.gif
    We live in a new world my friend where the MSM driven by leftist douche bags are driving a wedge between reality and insanity as to how we see LEO.
    And it disgusts me. There are wrongs done in every walk of life but only a few professions end life wrongly and yes it will happen. This was a bad one on both sides. When dealing with the level of intelligence involved that thinks running mags out of an AR up into the air it's a no win. Yes, betty Lou/Tenishia etc the bullets come down hard.
    No officer bob you do not shoot people for this unless you are absolutely sure it's not you, they are shooting at.
    Sooooo many people are not smart enough to own a firearm and it looks like both involved fit into that category.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    We live in a new world my friend where the MSM driven by leftist douche bags are driving a wedge between reality and insanity as to how we see LEO.
    And it disgusts me. There are wrongs done in every walk of life but only a few professions end life wrongly and yes it will happen. This was a bad one on both sides. When dealing with the level of intelligence involved that thinks running mags out of an AR up into the air it's a no win. Yes, betty Lou/Tenishia etc the bullets come down hard.
    No officer bob you do not shoot people for this unless you are absolutely sure it's not you, they are shooting at.
    Sooooo many people are not smart enough to own a firearm and it looks like both involved fit into that category.
    Oh, I get all that 100%.

But threads like this on INGO, where a LEO shooting is concerned, generally follow a very predictable template.

This baby is buckin all the trends.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    If you watch the body cam video, the LEO wasn’t even near the guy ripping off rounds. Cop was around the corner on the sidewalk. When the cop hears the gun fire, he runs around the house and unloads into the fence.

There is absolutely ZERO possibility that the officer thought he was being shot at. He wasn’t even near the gunfire until he rounded the corner.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom