• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    See, I learned the "book by it's cover" lesson early on. I was standing in line at a gas station and 3 dudes who looked like they were members of Credence Clearwater Revival where standing in front of me....long hair and beards, ratty jeans, dusty cowboy boots, and OC'd 1911s. I wondered for a moment until the first turned to exit and I saw the "US Marshal" badge.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yup those long hairs are all scum, druggies, losers..

I know some of those dirty hippies, for example, one is a math professor, one is music teacher, another the head audio/visual tech and board member of his church, all 3 spent 15+ years in a Christian band, whatta bunch of LOSERS..

Yup, they deserve to be stereotyped, detained, searched, harassed..:rolleyes:

If I grow my hair back out, will that mean I can't come out and play anymore? :D

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    What's really funny is when I was doing plain clothes security in the apartments with my long hair and all that jazz, the little kids, on my first day at a new client site, said "are you the FBI?". People generally knew I did something in LE just from the way I carried myself and my weapon. But I guess being unemployed makes you carry yourself like a criminal junkie, cuz I got the cops called on me that day haha.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    HOLY CRAP. three post and you having that many red squares WOW :eek:

WTF did he do to rate that red rep??? He only has 3 posts, one in the 2 in the Introductions where he introduces himself benignly, and the one above?!?! Nothing worth the neg rep? (except necro posting, but then he only has to stand in the corner)...

Figured it out...other posts were deleted by the Mods...I are not stupid, just slow.....

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    the fact that a plain clothes "officer" pointed a gun at you, who he was pretty sure was armed, without identifying himself, really bothers me.

this could have ended up a whole lot worse. some one has to make him aware of that in a manner that doesnt make you sound like a "cop killer" after all, you had no idea that you werent being mugged.

Edit: how big is that compensator that made these guys think a 1911 was huge? last time i looked at my 1911, it looked pretty normal with about half the round capacity of a g lock

reeceman1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    westside indy
    I would file a complaint and try to get a meeting with the Chief. Maybe, he/she might realize that their department is lacking training in ccw laws and do something about it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    IBTL

IBTL.jpg

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I ddn't think that there would be this kind of outpouring! You have inspired me and I AM going to file on Friday, or at least go talk to them and see where it goes, and I think I'm gonna talk to the people at the video store and see how far back the camera goes and if there is one that points out there

@ PatriotPride: I almost did, that's really what shook me up about the whole thing really, but I didn't tell him that, I already know how that would have went down.

Don't forget police stations are off limits for carry of any kind.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    OP I would have been equally "aggressive" with a prick like that plain clothes officer was from your description. If he had been alone he may have found himself dead on the pavement for making a gross error in judgement, and you know you'd be the one sitting in jail for killing a police officer that happened to make a BIG mistake. I feel no pity what so ever for the officer and others involved. Maybe that is a bit harsh, but reality has to come into play at some point. The officers on power trips really need to learn they are NOT our masters.

**** flows uphill. Commanders are responsible for everything their subordinates do. Where was the training? Why are there cops on the street who don't know the law? I'll bet the chief made it sound like his people need to be trained instead of being embarrased by not properly doing his job.

Top Bottom