• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can.
    But I take the holster off, put gun in holster, then put holster/gun back on pants/belt when I junk carry. Not great in a class/training environment. When I get the urge to practice junk draws I grab a blue gun.

-rvb

We should promote this sort of wise gun handling as a "rule" for appendix carry. :yesway:

The reverse helps if you can't reach your holstered gun with your available hand too!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Are you 100% sure your muzzle is never points at your hip or the outside of your leg when you holster 100% of the time?
    Likely not.

Why would I practice any other way?

Try placing a 2' dowel in the muzzle of your UNLOADED pistol and go through your normal reholstering motion. I'd be willing to bet that dowel will touch your leg at some point.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Is this topic the new "Grip does not matter" or "competition will get you killed". If it is good. We need some strange around here. If it is not that is good too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Why would I practice any other way?

I'm saying I've never seen anyone draw/holster more than a few times without pointing the muzzle at some part of their body at least part of the time. I will also say that most of them are unaware that they're doing it when they're doing it.

It doesn't take much inward cant of the muzzle when holstering to point it at your hip or thigh when you're holstering at 3:00.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Likely not.

Try placing a 2' dowel in the muzzle of your UNLOADED pistol and go through your normal reholstering motion. I'd be willing to bet that dowel will touch your leg at some point.

My friend, I have worked very hard to insure my equipment and practice is set up to not point the gun at myself. Been at it a while now...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm saying I've never seen anyone draw/holster more than a few times without pointing the muzzle at some part of their body at least part of the time. I will also say that most of them are unaware that they're doing it when they're doing it.

It doesn't take much inward cant of the muzzle when holstering to point it at your hip or thigh when you're holstering at 3:00.

You've seen me do this?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You've seen me do this?

I have not in my recollection, but I also have not been watching you specifically for it. Unless it's egregious, I don't think that it's a big deal unless someone has their finger on the trigger when they are holstering. There is a reason why it' s specifically not against the rules in USPSA to sweep lower extremities on the draw/reholster: because it's next to impossible for most people to avoid it 100% of the time unless their drawing from a race holster that is forward of their hip.

If you like, I will keep an eye on it. If you're certain, why not try chezuki's idea of the dowel rod and see what happens?

Top Bottom