• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Never understood it myself. You wouldn't design an emergency brake that releases when you press on the gas. You wouldn't make a deadbolt that unlocks when you turn the door knob on the front door... Just sayin.

Oh man rep for your avatar!

Redd Fox was great! Now if you can whip me up one of those in a Red Wings jersey, I might consider removing the Patriots/INGO avatar I have......

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Appendix carry is by far the best and most comfortable carry. Try drawing your weapon while sitting, appendix is the clear winner in that category.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Mr. Vickers can put in place any rules in his class he wants. I would be a hypocrite to ban Serpas and shoulder Holsters in my classes and then say he shouldn't do this in his class. Would I take a class where the instructor bans AIWB? Probably not, but I have never considered taking a LAV class anyway.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    How do you resist the sweetness of the 1911?

The 1911 is a pistol I want to own, don't yet. The prices range too much and I would have to research a lot. But for carry, I would take my beretta mini cougar with extended mags if I were to carry a 45. As an aside, it is only beretta I know that can be carried cocked and locked.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The 1911 is a pistol I want to own, don't yet. The prices range too much and I would have to research a lot. But for carry, I would take my beretta mini cougar with extended mags if I were to carry a 45. As an aside, it is only beretta I know that can be carried cocked and locked.

I carry C&L 1911 daily.....in a Serpa.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't know that it's irrational. It does give an extra margin of safety.

My first pistol was a Beretta 92f, not the fs, and I am still waiting for the slide to come back and hit me in the face :) I liked the gun first because I saw Lethal Weapon. I put it in a shoulder holster because because I watched too much Miami Vice. I don't know how many rounds I have shot with it, but it is still my most comfortable carry, in a safariland now, if carrying visible, or a non retention holster if under a shirt, and it is the pistol I shoot with best. You'll get to see it next week. I will probably be the only one carrying a Beretta and I will bet you a hundred bucks or dinner afterwards, I will be the only left handed shooter using a Beretta :) Which is the other reason I like Berettas, they tend to focus more on ambidextrous. Only other pistol I have liked holding as much has been Sigs, but never fired one.

I bought a Nano to venture into strikers but find myself using the de cocker button too much. I am just accustomed to the visual feedback of that da pull and the hammer.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    And truthfully, a handgun with a safety is a perfect mate for a Serpa. The problems arise when you stress / rush a shooter with a striker fired gun combined with a Serpa. Yes, know your equipment, but be smart about the combination of your equipment as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And truthfully, a handgun with a safety is a perfect mate for a Serpa. The problems arise when you stress / rush a shooter with a striker fired gun combined with a Serpa. Yes, know your equipment, but be smart about the combination of your equipment as well.

Exactly.
    Use your equipment. Practice with your chosen EDC gear. Let muscle memory get the gun out and on target while you asses.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My first pistol was a Beretta 92f, not the fs, and I am still waiting for the slide to come back and hit me in the face :) I liked the gun first because I saw Lethal Weapon. I put it in a shoulder holster because because I watched too much Miami Vice. I don't know how many rounds I have shot with it, but it is still my most comfortable carry, in a safariland now, if carrying visible, or a non retention holster if under a shirt, and it is the pistol I shoot with best. You'll get to see it next week. I will probably be the only one carrying a Beretta and I will bet you a hundred bucks or dinner afterwards, I will be the only left handed shooter using a Beretta :) Which is the other reason I like Berettas, they tend to focus more on ambidextrous. Only other pistol I have liked holding as much has been Sigs, but never fired one.

I bought a Nano to venture into strikers but find myself using the de cocker button too much. I am just accustomed to the visual feedback of that da pull and the hammer.

I'll be carrying a Sig. Or a revolver. Or both. :-)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Never rush while reholstering. A safety or SA/DA decocker only covers for negligence in reholstering. Glocks and M&P's without safeties are completely safe if you do not rush a reholster. It's Vicker's class, he can do what he wants. I see advantages and disadvantages to all positions of carry. For him to deny AIWB is going to deny people to practice with what they carry. If I carried AIWB (I do sometimes) I wouldn't take a class to ingrain another draw type, I'd spend money elsewhere to practice with how I run my setup.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Can I still use AIWB if I have the correct Tommy Tactical Classtume? Facial hair, the right hip, happening sunglasses, a dirty baseball cap pulled down over my eyes, maybe some Arcteryx britches?

Kirk, you have really been on something the past few months. What happened?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Appendix carry I've always felt is a bad way to carry. Yeah I know some of you average joes and also tactical trainers that think it's your way or the highway, like appendix carry. I don't. I don't like there to even be a chance my balls can get blown off. And that's too close of a chance.
    faster? Eh that's debatable and maybe for some it is but for me it's not. I'm not the fastest anymore anyways but I'm faster than some and I'll take my chances on other variables i can control.
    as far as being able to draw my pistol when I'm sitting down I have no problem now. Also in the car I have a separate holster I can use. Problem solved. Nuts safe. Freedom preserved.
    good on Larry Vickers for not wanting to have someone else's shredded nuts on his conscience or insurance :):

Top Bottom