Laid-off computer guy looking for work...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    R. Lee Ermey went marines becuase a few, "youthful mistakes". he intended on going into the navy. if it's good enough for Ermey, it's good enough for me (i was jsut lazy, and went Air Farce) :patriot:

Last edited:

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Call your Congressman. They eat that **** up. That's a guaranteed vote in their book if they can help you.

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    Also if you do get things fixed on your record, be sure to sign up with another recruiter. No point in helping the a-holes meet their recruitment quotas.

Whats on your record that is so funny anyways?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    ehh. Had a few prospects, still working on them. About to go flip burgers.

Military thing isn't going too well. Attorney General hasn't gotten back to me as i figure they wouldn't. I've got two small possession charges on my record from 5 and 7 years ago and they are saying I have 3. According to the Hendricks County Sherriff that is. Not one Court or other LE agency shows the same but they say it's enough to tell me no. I can't find one person in politics or otherwise to help me out. I thought about going to another recruter but I don't feel like wasting gas just to get burned again by someone else. I mean, yea, I was young and dumb, but having kids really changes a person and I don't even associate with those people anymore. The only friends I have are the ones I've made on this website. If I knew of a way to fix this crap I would do it in a heartbeat so I could serve. Until then I guess I'll have to settle with flipping burgers until something better comes along. Hopefully Natalie gets this job at the schools. Then i can figure out a good schedule so we aren't paying for babysitting.... Grrrr the trials of life....

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    go online, army.mil try to locate a recruiter. from there you should be able to get a number and call. save you the trip anyway. usually they do waivers for stuff like that

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    that's what I thought but the lady that I talked to that called me after my first encounter with the recruiter told me there was nothing i could do so i doubt it'll be much help. I've all but given up on this because it's looking more and more that I just can't win. All I can do now is wait and see if my letters and phone calls produce any fruit.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    So the problem is you have 3 possession charges on your record and if it only showed 2 the military would take you?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LOL No I have 2. But the HCS office shows I have 3 when I really dont. The 3rd charge shows it happened 5 days after the last one but it can only be a clerical error. I keep all my records and besides, I'd remember being arrested a 3rd time. And like I said, no other agency shows a third charge. If I had a 3rd, I'd been denied not only getting my Baby Eagle, but my permit as well.

I just don't see what the problem is and why they won't work with me on this. You and I both know that here soon they are going to need bodies on the ground so to speak. Why won't they take someone who is gungho about joining when there are far more people who run when they see a recruiter?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    If you hadn't been caught with drugs (ever) this probably wouldn't be a problem. The only person you have to blame is yourself. Ya it sucks they have your record wrong but you should have never gotten yourself into that mess in the first place. We all make mistakes and I know you are trying to do the right thing but you got yourself into this and now you have to get yourself out. It's no ones fault but your own.

that's what I thought but the lady that I talked to that called me after my first encounter with the recruiter told me there was nothing i could do so i doubt it'll be much help. I've all but given up on this because it's looking more and more that I just can't win. All I can do now is wait and see if my letters and phone calls produce any fruit.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    If you hadn't been caught with drugs (ever) this probably wouldn't be a problem. The only person you have to blame is yourself. Ya it sucks they have your record wrong but you should have never gotten yourself into that mess in the first place. We all make mistakes and I know you are trying to do the right thing but you got yourself into this and now you have to get yourself out. It's no ones fault but your own.

Well said and to the point, I tend to agree with this frame of mind. In addition to that I also hooked Ryan up with a representative from my companies HR dept for some seasonal work. It's not raining cash but its work.

:yesway:

Good luck Ryan

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks mom! LOL J/K You are absolutely right and trust me, I've been dealing with it and living with it. Yes it sucks and yes I'm the one who must climb outta my hole, but I can't do it without help. It's not like I can just hack into HCS computers and change their effed up records. I've done all I can do short of hiring a lawyer (that I can't afford) and taking this up with the courts. And it's not like I was using coke or heroin or meth or something. The first charge was because of a single joint, and the second was for 8gm. Yes it was stupid. Do I regret it? Sure. Have I stayed away from it since I quit cold turkey 3 years ago? Your damn right. Is there anything I can do to change it? NO.

I don't blame people for my mistakes. But this whole situation is not my fault. I didn't record my mishaps for the police. I didn't get re-arrested for the same thing. I was apprehinsive to say what I've been arrested for because I figured people would look down on me for my ignorance. But I'm an honest person and I have nothing to hide. Besides anyone can find this stuff out since it's obviously public record. Getting caught was my fault, yes, but this problem with the recruiter is NOT my fault.

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    I just don't see what the problem is and why they won't work with me on this. You and I both know that here soon they are going to need bodies on the ground so to speak. Why won't they take someone who is gungho about joining when there are far more people who run when they see a recruiter?

You need to get this fixed, plain and simple. I'm sorry to have to tell you this but the military don't want druggies. This is going to stay with you for the rest of your life. Now that you have yourself squared away get your record straightened out.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    hehehe He's beating a dead cow...

ehh, **** happens and then ya step in it. Now I'm scraping my shoes off. Things could be worse but they're actually getting better. Never thought they would but they are. Now I just need to get back on my feet and I'll be doing good.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LOL BTW, I was never a druggie. I never did any drugs besides prescriptions. Hell I don't even really drink much! One good strong tall drink is enough to have me pretty loopy. But your right, the recruiter told me the charges would follow me around and hold be back from promotions. I really don't care, I just want in. I'd rather have a career concious job in the military but if I have to be a lowley grunt then so be it. I don't care. I just want to serve. If they want me to prove I'm not a junkie, blood test me, hair folicale test me. Whatever.

I just don't understand why they will take people who just want the money when I'm willing to stay longer than my required time. I'd make a career out of it given the chance. And like I said earlier, you know they are going to need people since alot of people are coming up on the end of their term of service. You'd think they'd work with me on this. I just don't get it I guess.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    this is what really bothers me. someone AUCTUALLY wanting to serve, and he gets denied. when they are so hard up in some places they are taking gang-bangers who use it for the free training. or all the dopers in the military (i've seen plenty) and the damned decision to deny people is probably made by some crusty a-hole in congress who never served. crap man, just crap

Top Bottom