Laid-off computer guy looking for work...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :pimp:I know there's some IT guys on here and some guys who would probably know or have a need for someone with their Class C CDL.

I just got laid off from FoxConn where I was a computer repair technician. I have a broad computer background but it doesn't include programming, unfortunately. Unless you count QBaisc... :D

I also have excellent driving skills as I can drive anything you put me behind the wheel (or stick) of. Trailer, no trailer.

All I'm looking for is a decent job so I'm not going through unemployment. I HATE having to do this because I've never had to in my entire life and I'm hoping I can convince the Army to take me. If they don't I need a back-up plan. The only thing I can find is flipping burgers or loading/unloading semis. I can flip burgers, but it won't support 4 kids, my fiance and me, and i'm not exactly someone who can handle unloading trucks all day everyday. I guess if I have no other choice I'll do it, but I'm appealing to anyone on here who might know of something that might help me out.

All I can find online is stuff that pays $7/h or I need a doctorate degree. Otherwise I'd have to travel farther than I would have the gas for.

If ANYONE has any ideas I'm all ears. I go to the recruiter tomorrow so I can post how it goes. I would think they'd take me but last time I was there it didn't go so well. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

:cheers:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I've heard there are a lot of jobs for truck drivers. My father in law is always looking for drivers for his company. It's tough down here finding folks with Toyota so close.

Good luck.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Unfortunatly I don't have a class B or an A. I wish I did, I could drive the **** outta a semi. I can't find much around here for someone with a Chauffers license. I applied with Guarda but that didn't go over well. 4 months of waiting and 4 interviews and polygraph and then nothing. So I'm kinda stuck. I figure people on here might know of jobs that aren't posted anywhere. That's what i'm hoping anyway.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Just gotta keep at it, man.. I've been working a minimum wage job for almost two years and I've got a college degree!! The job market is tough right now on top of it.. keep at it and something will come along..

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    THE ARMY WAS FREAKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!!! I've never been so pissed off in my whole life. All because Hendricks County Sherrifs made a freaking typo they won't fix!!!!! GRRRRRRRR ****ing A*****es!!!! LAUGHING AT ME!!!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?!

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    have you tried contacting hendricks co, and informing them you are looking to join the service? might motivate them to fix their mistake.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Tried that, got the run around. As in I talked to them, told me they can't fix it, the court has to. Court has correct records, said the sherriff has to fix it. I can't afforrd a lawyer, so it would be kinda hard to clear it up. It was suggested that I write Richard Luger and tell him what's going on and what I was told and how they were laughing at me and see what he says. Which I don't think will be much since he's just a politician. What do you think about doing that? Waste of time and effort?

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    honestly i have had to contact a congressman(can't rember who for the life of me) before and auctually got a response fairly fast. mine had a guy with the USERRA listed in the response. i contacted him and within 2 weeks i had my situation resolved. with nothing else to loose may as well, good luck buddy

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'll sit down and write him tonight and send it tomorrow. With any luck maybe I can, at the very least, be a grunt. I'd rather do something useful that will transfer to civilian life, but even if all I get is my head blown off, at least it's in the name of freedom. And my kids will be well taken care of. More than I can do for them right now.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Don't write, call his office. If you can't find the number, let me know. It's around here somewhere. Over the years I have had a lot of contact with Lugar's office. My experiences have all been positive and it sure couldn't hurt to try it. I will also let my LEO husband know about this and see if he has any suggestions. Sorry you are having such a hard time.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    hey, have you applied for unemployment yet? if not DEFINATELY do so, i had to swallow my pride when i did(i'm not saying that is the case with you) but any supplement untill you can get back on your feet will help you and your family through a difficult time.

you have worked hard enough and long enough, as long as you don't use it as a crutch there is nothing wrong with it

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Don't write, call his office. If you can't find the number, let me know. It's around here somewhere. Over the years I have had a lot of contact with Lugar's office. My experiences have all been positive and it sure couldn't hurt to try it. I will also let my LEO husband know about this and see if he has any suggestions. Sorry you are having such a hard time.

Yea, i think I'll call and if I don't get through tomorrow I'll just write him and see where it takes me. I just can't believe these damn recruters. They sat right there in front of me and TOLD me they were laughing about me the FIRST time around after I had left, and then was a real ******* about the whole thing, AND THEN AS I WAS WALKING OUT THE DOOR started cracking up laughing saying "I can't believe that guy came back in here and..." and then the door shut as they were going on and on. I knew i had a pissed off look because some Navy guy looked at me in pure astonishment as I was storming to the van. I think I said this is BS as I walked out the door, and that's when he looked at me crazy.

ANYWAY.... you'd think they'd be ready to take ANYONE since we're on the verge of another war with {insert country of evil here}. I just don't get it. 3 agencies show I'm good to go. One doesn't. What's the freaking problem. GRRRR.......:xmad:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :D
    hey, have you applied for unemployment yet? if not DEFINATELY do so, i had to swallow my pride when i did(i'm not saying that is the case with you) but any supplement untill you can get back on your feet will help you and your family through a difficult time.

you have worked hard enough and long enough, as long as you don't use it as a crutch there is nothing wrong with it

I applied. I figure it'll take 2-6 weeks before I find anything out. At least it comes from my temp agency and not the Government. Makes me feel a LITTLE better. But I still won't see it if I get it for a while. By then I'm screwed anyway unless something comes through for me. I guess if I have to flip burgers then I gotta do it. Problem is I already burned all those types of jobs locally a long time ago. I'll have to go to Avon or Moorsetucky to work. That won't even buy my gas every week. I gotta get my truck sold. $450 dollars or a RUNNING dirt bike or Fix mine and my truck is yours! It's in the classifeds for details!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's a great name to do things in, but it's more effective to kindly accommodate an enemy willing to part with his head.;)

:patriot:Blessings.

aasdf.jpg

:patriot:

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    ANYWAY.... you'd think they'd be ready to take ANYONE since we're on the verge of another war with {insert country of evil here}. I just don't get it. 3 agencies show I'm good to go. One doesn't. What's the freaking problem. GRRRR.......:xmad:

there's wrong, then there's ARMY wrong :chillout: screw the a-holes. just keep you chin up and keep pluggin(generic, i know)

good luck buddy :yesway:

Top Bottom