• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I always looked forward to going to this show as it is only a 30 minute drive from home. The last time I went Bob Rohrman had his tent sale going and parking was tight but today when we got there at 9:30 there was no parking and I mean NONE!!! The sales people from Rohrman's were everywhere and so was the cars for sale. There were several of us that wanted to go to the show and could not find parking so we just left. I will not go back to any Fairground show as long as Bob Rohrman has his tent sale going on. When I asked one of the sales guys where there was parking for the gun show he said "good luck with that" So due to very poor planning and A###le salesmen there I won't go back.

The other thing I have bought a few vehicles off of Bob Rohrman and I will never grace their doors again. I will be sending a email and a call to Bob Rohrman's letting them know how there guys treated me and just what I think about them cutting off access to the gun show. To me they are just as bad as some anti company because they basically denied me the right to go by hogging all the parking.
    That's my :twocents:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There were primers there for $44/1000. I saw a pistol I was interested in but the sellers opinion of the condition was not tha same as mine so he still owns it. Saw a few friends and ate some roasted almonds.

If I was the promoter I would be really ticked, having paid for the use of the facility and not having any parking for my customers. I do not understand the whole fair ground car sales thing. Why would someone rather look for a car walking in the dirt and gravel and trying to do paperwork in the wind when you can look at them in a clean air conditioned showroom?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Great show. Lots of great deals. Wish I had brought more money.

Parked right up front. Stood in line a little before 9AM. Walked in and went straight to Brad and bought a couple of switchblades.

Some fantastic deals on guns. I only did reloading stuff, ammo and knives this show.

Great show.

96ramair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Delphi
    Wow I must have been at the wrong show then... Pmr's were 1000-1100.00 lots of ar's most over priced a few nice rock rivers priced well. 22lr was 55-80 $$.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just called Bob Rohrmans to complain about the parking situation.
    The customer service rep I spoke to blamed the problem solely on the gun show promoters. He said that Rohrmans has been doing the fairgrounds sale for 35 years. He said that they paid for EVERY SINGLE parking spot they are occupying. He said they paid the fairgrounds $28,000 to rent the fairgrounds for this event.

He said the gun show promoters should have rented parking for their show, or they could just as easily move their show to later in September.

No apologies were offered, even when I told him about the salesman's snarky remark about, "good luck with that."

Something needs to give.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wow I must have been at the wrong show then... Pmr's were 1000-1100.00 lots of ar's most over priced a few nice rock rivers priced well. 22lr was 55-80 $$.

Most of the AR's I saw were back down to pre-panic prices. I saw quite a few below $1000. P-Mags below $14. Not bad considering recent events.

Saw some primers at $40/1000. Kind of high, but if I didn't already have an ample supply, I would have paid that. I doubt I could do that well anywhere else around Lafayette.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Tippecanoe County
    I just called Bob Rohrmans to complain about the parking situation.
    The customer service rep I spoke to blamed the problem solely on the gun show promoters. He said that Rohrmans has been doing the fairgrounds sale for 35 years. He said that they paid for EVERY SINGLE parking spot they are occupying. He said they paid the fairgrounds $28,000 to rent the fairgrounds for this event.

He said the gun show promoters should have rented parking for their show, or they could just as easily move their show to later in September.

No apologies were offered, even when I told him about the salesman's snarky remark about, "good luck with that."

Something needs to give.

While I do not care for Rohrman, his stupid TV commercials or shopping for cars on the fairgrounds, the CS rep has a good point. I can't verify that they do that specific tent sale the same weekend every August, but I do recall that they have had "a tent sale" every August for as long as I can remember. If you were in his shoes and paid money for the space, you wouldn't be very accomodating either. Your complaint would be more appropriately directed at whomever represents the fairgrounds and is responsible for the booking of space. That indivdual(s) should have been able to forsee the problem and found a solution amicable to all three parties (there was also something going on in the econ building Saturday morning) instead of allowing the mess they ended up with.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    BR can kiss my pasty white a** too. I wouldnt **** on him if he was on fire. Back in the 90's I worked on the line at the greenwood airport. I was about 21, and probably looked 16. (I still get carded at 40)

He flew in on his private plane with 3 or 4 other lackeys. As they got off the plane I approached him since he was in the lead and asked if they would be needing fuel, etc. He gave me the crappiest, most condescending look and without a word waved the back of his hand at me in a "get out of here" motion and then thumbed over his shoulder toward his entourage who told me they had plenty of fuel for the return trip to Lafayette. When they returned a couple hours later, I greeted them all and he once again flatly ignored me. I know he heard me as they were all looking directly at me, it was quiet, etc. All of his lackeys returned the greeting to varying degrees.

Its been 20 years since that happened, and I cant say I have EVER been treated that rudely since by ANYONE. Maybe not even before that day. Hell, I've encountered various true celebrities and gazillionaires while working as an IT contractor for an upscale downtown hotel and even THEY treated me better.

Typically the more obnoxious a dealer commercial is, the less likely I am to buy from them. I probably wouldnt buy from him regardless of how I was treated due to his commercials.

Top Bottom