Not open for further replies.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Well don't everyone speak up at once. :D

I guess I'll start the menu. I've been trying to figure out a dish to bring that I can fix the night before because I have a bit of a drive that morning. I'll bring a dessert, either pies or cookies, plus something else on the healthy food side of the scales. Still thinking but open to suggestions too.

My husband will be coming with me as of right now. We have some family health issues that may cause him to cancel at the last minute. He'll be bringing his shot gun, shells and we can bring some clays too, or pitch in some money for new ones.

So looking forward to this, has anyone seen an extended forecast yet?

dowalker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Tampa FL
    I will be attending with Dorothy. I do not have a shotgun, but want to watch both the steel and clay shooting. My daughter is in town from Canada for that weekend, so she may tag a along. I will talk with Dorothy to see what we can bring!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I will be attending with Dorothy. I do not have a shotgun, but want to watch both the steel and clay shooting. My daughter is in town from Canada for that weekend, so she may tag a along. I will talk with Dorothy to see what we can bring!

Bring some 12ga. I am sure you can borrow. I have an 870 should be able to bring.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    lisa and/or kimball, what are you planning on bringing to the shoot? we have 5 6'' steel round, 3 8'' square and 2 12''square. and 5 6''aluminum falling plates for 22's, and a dueling tree for 22's. you can swing by after the auction on saturday to drop anything off on your way home if you want, instead of trying to load everything sunday morning.

weather forcast looks FANTASTIC. all the channels saying mid 70's and dry.

shotgunners, i have 4 different 12 ga's anyone is free to shoot at clays, couple of o/u and 2 pumps.

if any of you have folding chairs you might want to throw them in too but dont buy new if you don't. we have several but doubt if we can seat everyone while waiting. :welcome:.........daryll

Noisy Cricket

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Yay dessert!!

Well don't everyone speak up at once. :D

I guess I'll start the menu. I've been trying to figure out a dish to bring that I can fix the night before because I have a bit of a drive that morning. I'll bring a dessert, either pies or cookies, plus something else on the healthy food side of the scales. Still thinking but open to suggestions too.

My husband will be coming with me as of right now. We have some family health issues that may cause him to cancel at the last minute. He'll be bringing his shot gun, shells and we can bring some clays too, or pitch in some money for new ones.

So looking forward to this, has anyone seen an extended forecast yet?

Noisy Cricket

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I will keep updating the tally of attendees and menu on the original post. I saw some other event postings and saw how I SHOULD have been posting...sorry! Hopefully this will be easier now....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Okay, I'll cop out and bring some standard picnic fare. Chips, dip, and maybe potato salad? Baked beans? I guess we'll see what strikes me when it's time to decide.

EDIT: okay, so I re-read the section on beverages. I know we're free to bring the beverage of our choice, but was that a way of saying all beverages were the responsibility of the attendee and alcohol was okay? Or was it saying that any alcohol would have to be BYOB but other beverages are covered. I'm fine with bringing my own (probably would anyway, I'm an addict and need my own stash), but I want to make sure.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Woke up this morning to rain and wondered if it would affect the Ladies Steel Demo. Two hours later and 85 miles north my husband and I arrived at Mr. & Mrs. Top Hat 45 and Missy’s place. What a wonderful layout. They are the most generous host/hostess a person could ask for. They welcomed you as if you were a long time friend. Thankfully it never rained hard and what little mist we had barely made it through the tree cover.

I so enjoyed shooting the dueling tree. 88GT and I have similar shooting style and skills and we were shooting the exact same gun, so we paired up for a couple dueling matches. We are well matched and we went at it a number of times. What fun. :rockwoot:

Indy Gun Works threw down the gauntlet and said no one could shoot his reloads without a failure. We took that challenge and I am pleased to say that 88Gt got through a 17 round mag without one failure. :+1:

Missy had a sweet set up on her Ruger 22 with a red dot and custom grips on it. I feel in love with that gun and spent some time plinking with it. I also was able to get out my Ruger 10-22 rifle and spent some time making the walking jack back up a bit.

What they say about ZbornacSVT is right; he is a giant of man with a heart of gold. There aren’t many men that make my husband look small, and even though they were equal in height, my husband looked tiny. He and Noisy Cricket are about the nicest people you could meet, and they have the cuties little girl. Thank you for putting this together and arranging for such a nice place to shot at. A big Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Top Hat 45 and Missy for allowing us to invade your personal bit of paradise today. :ingo:

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Woke up this morning to rain and wondered if it would affect the Ladies Steel Demo. Two hours later and 85 miles north my husband and I arrived at Mr. & Mrs. Top Hat 45 and Missy’s place. What a wonderful layout. They are the most generous host/hostess a person could ask for. They welcomed you as if you were a long time friend. Thankfully it never rained hard and what little mist we had barely made it through the tree cover.

I so enjoyed shooting the dueling tree. 88GT and I have similar shooting style and skills and we were shooting the exact same gun, so we paired up for a couple dueling matches. We are well matched and we went at it a number of times. What fun. :rockwoot:

Indy Gun Works threw down the gauntlet and said no one could shoot his reloads without a failure. We took that challenge and I am pleased to say that 88Gt got through a 17 round mag without one failure. :+1:

Missy had a sweet set up on her Ruger 22 with a red dot and custom grips on it. I feel in love with that gun and spent some time plinking with it. I also was able to get out my Ruger 10-22 rifle and spent some time making the walking jack back up a bit.

What they say about ZbornacSVT is right; he is a giant of man with a heart of gold. There aren’t many men that make my husband look small, and even though they were equal in height, my husband looked tiny. He and Noisy Cricket are about the nicest people you could meet, and they have the cuties little girl. Thank you for putting this together and arranging for such a nice place to shot at. A big Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Top Hat 45 and Missy for allowing us to invade your personal bit of paradise today. :ingo:

I 2nd everything she said. Had a great time. Learned, had fun, and good fun......what more can you ask for?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom