• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    When I download the pictures it saves them as 100_xxxx. That is fine, until now. I got past 100_9999 and now it is starting over with 100_0001. Duplicate picture numbers.

How do you get it to save them as 101_xxxx??? Got to be something I am missing??

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That Easyshare software is an abomination. I quit using it just a few days after I got my camera. I transfer them manually.

That won't correct the OP's problem with the numbering scheme...

Honestly, I have no idea. How long have you had your Easyshare? I got mine 9 years ago, it's outdated technology and I only take it with me if I know there is a risk that my camera gets destroyed. I haven't had your problem...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep its a limitation. try a program that renames them based on the time/date taken? Mrs. Monkey uses a program that does that as it imports them from the camera media. Works beautifully.
    Manage, Edit, Present & Share Photos - ACDSee 18

Im sure there are also programs that will do that on the fly.

I havent tried THIS app, but Ive used other apps they make and they are good.

Introduction - Bulk Rename Utility

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Are you putting them in the same folder and it is overwriting them, or you just don't want them to have the same name. If it is overwriting, as a temporary fix, you could just go into the kodak software and specify it to put them into a different folder, if you really want to keep using it. Looks like Kodak doesn't even support the software anymore (not a surprise since the company tanked).

Per the kodak site: "KODAK EASYSHARE Software is no longer available as a download.

We no longer provide live support (phone or email) for EASYSHARE Software.

We regret any inconvenience to you."

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A very easy solution would be to move existing photos into another folder.

Put new photos into another folder.

You won't have issues until you try to put two like-named files into the same folder - duh.

Can also look for a "bulk" renaming program. Best Free File Rename Utility

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    A very easy solution would be to move existing photos into another folder.

Put new photos into another folder.

You won't have issues until you try to put two like-named files into the same folder - duh.

That is what I do now. No problem. We take a lot of pictures and sometimes I will send several, Some are old and some are newer. Problem is sending a couple with the same name. Yea I can rename them, but there should be a way to fix the numbering system.

Now that I think about it. I think the camera is numbering the photos. There should be a way to adjust the camera to change its numbering sequence.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That is what I do now. No problem. We take a lot of pictures and sometimes I will send several, Some are old and some are newer. Problem is sending a couple with the same name. Yea I can rename them, but there should be a way to fix the numbering system.

Now that I think about it. I think the camera is numbering the photos. There should be a way to adjust the camera to change its numbering sequence.
    Yes, it is the camera naming them. I have an older Kodak camera and never used the EasyShare software. It still numbered them with the same system when I downloaded them to my iPhoto program. Wish I could tell you how to rename them, but that strikes me as something in the cameras firmware or software. Doubt there's any way to get around it.
    You might also try posting in a Kodak digital camera forum. Lots of experienced users there and it's pretty likely someone there has run into the same problem.

Kodak Forum

Kodak Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    When I download the pictures it saves them as 100_xxxx. That is fine, until now. I got past 100_9999 and now it is starting over with 100_0001. Duplicate picture numbers.

How do you get it to save them as 101_xxxx??? Got to be something I am missing??

If your camera is the same as mine (Z710) on your SD card it should have a folder named "DCIM" and then in that folder is a folder named "100Kxxxx", on my camera it is "100KZ710". Within that folder the pictures are named "100_xxxx.jpg".

When I got to 10,000 pictures a new folder showed up called "101KZ710" and the pictures in it were named "101_xxxx.jpg". The first time I moved pictures off the card I moved all of them off the SD card. The next time I took pictures they were named "100_xxxx".

I found that in order to have the camera keep naming the pictures correct as "101_xxxx" I had to leave 1 picture on the card in the "101_xxxx" folder that was named "101_xxxx.jpg". If you don't do that then the camera will switch back to naming them with "100_xxxx.jpg".

I've actually gotten over 20,000 pictures with my camera, so the folder is now called "102Kxxxx" and the pictures are named "102_xxxx.jpg". Again, when I transfer pictures off the SD card I have to leave that folder and at least one picture in it that is named "102_xxxx.jpg".

I hope this wasn't too confusing and I hope it helps! Hoepfully your camera uses the same format as mine does and this wasn't all in vain. :yesway:

Let me know if this works for you!

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I found that in order to have the camera keep naming the pictures correct as "101_xxxx" I had to leave 1 picture on the card in the "101_xxxx" folder that was named "101_xxxx.jpg". If you don't do that then the camera will switch back to naming them with "100_xxxx.jpg".

I've actually gotten over 20,000 pictures with my camera, so the folder is now called "102Kxxxx" and the pictures are named "102_xxxx.jpg". Again, when I transfer pictures off the SD card I have to leave that folder and at least one picture in it that is named "102_xxxx.jpg".

I hope this wasn't too confusing and I hope it helps! Hoepfully your camera uses the same format as mine does and this wasn't all in vain. :yesway:

I follow you. Only problem when I download the camera I just hit download all. So it may wipe the folder. Or it may not. Maybe I just need to rename the folder and see what happens.

Thanks.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I follow you. Only problem when I download the camera I just hit download all. So it may wipe the folder. Or it may not. Maybe I just need to rename the folder and see what happens.

Thanks.

So you are doing it through the software? I'm not sure how it would work through the EasyShare software since I never used it with my camera. I just always use Windows Explorer.

If you do rename the folder you have to place/leave a picture within that folder with the same type name (like 101_xxxx.jpg) or the camera will just create a new folder named "100Kxxxx".

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    So you are doing it through the software? I'm not sure how it would work through the EasyShare software since I never used it with my camera. I just always use Windows Explorer.

If you do rename the folder you have to place/leave a picture within that folder with the same type name (like 101_xxxx.jpg) or the camera will just create a new folder named "100Kxxxx".

I would say using the software. I put the camera in the dock and hit the button and move all pics and delete them. All automatic. When the software pops up on the screen I just cancel it out.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I would say using the software. I put the camera in the dock and hit the button and move all pics and delete them. All automatic. When the software pops up on the screen I just cancel it out.

Ah ok. I'm not sure how to do it that way. All I've ever done is drag and drop from the SD card folder(s). :)

Top Bottom