• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    "Clack" Kimbers are the "stuff", but not ALL Clack Kimbers are the same! I've owned 12-15 Clack Kimbers, some, (mostly all were ok) but some, were fitted with MIM parts, and they were the ones that broke under hard use!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    So what did Kimber change since these were released?

This was back before they put in the firing pin safety. When kimber was a smaller shop trying to get into the 1911 market standardizing some options that were previously only available by taking your gun to a smith. They concentrated on quality in the early guns. Now they sell more 1911s than anyone and the quality has suffered some.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Well...if you're chasing a quick buck than good luck.

I've got a first gen kimber that I wouldn't sell for twice that price....even if someone says they're not worth it.
    Craftsmanship goes a long way, and the earlier guns had it. You'd have to pay a lot more to get a gun of equal quality. Sell it and chase that dollar if you want, but it would be a mistake imho.

God bless
    - Shred

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Well...if you're chasing a quick buck than good luck.

I've got a first gen kimber that I wouldn't sell for twice that price....even if someone says they're not worth it.
    Craftsmanship goes a long way, and the earlier guns had it. You'd have to pay a lot more to get a gun of equal quality. Sell it and chase that dollar if you want, but it would be a mistake imho.

God bless
    - Shred

I mean, lets be honest... they are fine pistols, but they are just lacking the features to justify anything more than $700 (and that would be for a minty one). I have seen several Wesson Valors at the $1200 mark lately and have seen a few at the 1K mark. A pistol that surely kicks the crap out of not only this Kimber, but every/any Kimber made to date.

I was looking for a Clack for a long time to use as a base gun to send to either Chuck Rodgers or Lou Biando. I stopped shortly after realizing that Clack owners thought they had something that they are just not.

Fine pistol... be proud to own it... but far from a Valor, which is just a few hundred dollars north of what you want for your Kimber.

Top Bottom