• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    China needs us, we can do without them. They have had their chance to right this situation and have failed to do so.

True. But one thing they have that we don't is the ablity to loose a few billion life's without much effort. Although I don't know that much of this new generation have the stomach for it like they did in the last Korean war and Vietnam. The youth have had a taste of capitalism. They might resist.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Oh, and how many country's has he share this technology with. Like Iran? We don't know, and or we are not saying.
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    Didn't put it into my posting with the simulation links, but this was among my first thoughts along with the knowledge of what a 100kt nuke could do. It's not just who he can share the technology with, it's also who he could sell or give them to. Iran is one of them. The other is non-state actors like ISIS. Kimmie-boy might be tempted to pass one out under the table to someone who would use it by proxy. Considerable technology and knowledge is required to fabricate a working one. It only needs a simple instruction manual to detonate one.

John

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Problem is China.
    China has stated that if NK attacks the US, then they will not offer them any assistance.
    However, if the US attacks NK or attempts to overthrow the regime, then they will defend them.

If not for China, NK would have been taken care of A LONG TIME AGO.
    A war between the US and China is not something anyone in the world would want to happen.

China needs us, we can do without them. They have had their chance to right this situation and have failed to do so.

My take on it is that we have reached the point where it gets real. We can't afford to wait for Little Kim to lob a nuke. Now it the time to tell China we want the problem solved this week, and if they can't do that, we will solve it next week.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My take on it is that we have reached the point where it gets real. We can't afford to wait for Little Kim to lob a nuke. Now it the time to tell China we want the problem solved this week, and if they can't do that, we will solve it next week.

Yep. I agree. I wake up every morning and turn the news on anticipating we've struck them. I think it is inevitable. Trump has said he won't telegraph his military plans. It will happen when it happens. I heard on the news tonight that a couple of senators (one dem and one rep) were introducing a bill that would limit the presidents war powers. I doubt that bill will go far. Even if it did I think Trump will make a move before then.

I really don't want to see another war. But I can't imagine letting NK get much farther along. I also heard it was suggested he might test a missile this weekend capable of carrying a war head. that might be the last straw. We will see.

We will fine out who China values more. Us or NK. My buddy's wife is South Korean. They (according to her) have zero use for Chinese ( think race differences between blacks and whites in the 60's here, maybe worse). And a lot would like to see NK combine with the SK. But then most like the buffer between China and SK too. what a mess.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    My take on it is that we have reached the point where it gets real.
    I agree. Actually, I feel like it's gone past that point during the Obama administration. Of course, they didn't think so.
    We can't afford to wait for Little Kim to lob a nuke.
    Personally, based on the research that I have done (NOT WHAT MSM WEBSITES SAY) I have full confidence in our missile defense systems. I feel that if an ICBM were to be launched, it would be swatted out of the sky before it even finished the boost phase. We have anti-missile systems setup in SK not to mention the mobile ones on our Naval ships. If/when the real deal is launched, I am quite certain it's not going to make it very far, let alone the US mainland.
    Now it the time to tell China we want the problem solved this week, and if they can't do that, we will solve it next week.
    I am pretty sure we have done this already. However, the Obama administration was a bit more focused on diplomacy than the current one.
    Not that Trump's position is one I disagree with. I think we have given them more than enough chances to play nice, but NK has just been "put-up with" for the past few decades.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    True. But one thing they have that we don't is the ablity to loose a few billion life's without much effort. Although I don't know that much of this new generation have the stomach for it like they did in the last Korean war and Vietnam. The youth have had a taste of capitalism. They might resist.
    With all the one-child families in China now, the Glorious Revolutionaries may have a hard time getting the Little Emperors to go along.

I am pretty sure we have done this already. However, the Obama administration was a bit more focused on diplomacy than the current one.
    A real focus on diplomacy requires you to have an end state in mind. An objective. A set of conditions. A desired outcome. The Obama administration had none of these except continued talking. And that suited the Little Despot just fine.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    *** yum jun dun sed we's gittin a gif package an he's gon lite a nuthur off taday , where's it at ?

Delays, delays, delays . . .

[video=youtube;XvjR9n5EQHc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvjR9n5EQHc[/video]

Seriously . . . I don't believe we have very long to wait.

John

Top Bottom