I'm here to say you have it wrong
    It's my stop the madness for the children song

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The fact that it's possible to follow a law does not justify the existence of said law.

Okay, what are you even talking about here? This has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said. I'm more than happy to discuss things with you, but please make some sense and follow the conversation.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'm not at all saying that your fireman toys and police costumes are a physical danger to the kids. I'm saying that dressing them in black masks with clubs really works on changing their perspective of law enforcement early.

I won't be dressing any kids of mine in black masks. That's my drift.
    Is this how you'll dress your kids?

images

images

images

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is this how you'll dress your kids?

There's no conspiracy here. What aspect of your job do your want your kids to emulate? Helping people, or wearing masks and dispersing crowds? Its a little twisted to get a kid wanting to grow up to be this, am I wrong?

Maybe I'll change my mind when my toddler wants a balaclava for his birthday.

swat_police.JPG

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Okay, what are you even talking about here? This has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said. I'm more than happy to discuss things with you, but please make some sense and follow the conversation.

Ok, here is what you said:

I've never been stopped by the police as a driver. I've never had them come to my door for something I've done. I've never had involuntary contacts with them for something I've done. Minding your own business does work. So does obeying speed limits, stopping at stop signs, not driving drunk, not running red lights, not swerving across several lanes of traffic, not...well you get the idea. Your idea of the police harassing everybody constantly just isn't true.

The point is not that police harass everyone for absolutely no reason. Although it's true that some do, most do not. The point is that there is no need for these laws and we shouldn't have to conform to them just to avoid harassment by police officers.

So simply telling us to conform and behave is not a solution nor is it a valid argument against anything we've been saying.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    There's no conspiracy here. What aspect of your job do your want your kids to emulate? Helping people, or wearing masks and dispersing crowds? Its a little twisted to get a kid wanting to grow up to be this, am I wrong?

So you would rather we call in the National Guard for crowd control? Kent State anyone

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The point is not that police harass everyone for absolutely no reason. Although it's true that some do, most do not. The point is that there is no need for these laws and we shouldn't have to conform to them just to avoid harassment by police officers.

So simply telling us to conform and behave is not a solution nor is it a valid argument against anything we've been saying.

See that's the problem, your elected officials and the vast majority of society feel that these laws that you disagree with are necessary. Most people don't want unlimited speed limits, drunk drivers, no traffic signals, or many other things that people claim are "victimless crimes." You saying that they are unnecessary doesn't make it so. What I'm telling you is that if you drive like a sane person you won't be "harassed" by the police. It has nothing to do with conforming to your master, just use your brain.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What did our founders wear because I'm pretty sure there wasn't run foil in the 1770's. They were far more radical and paranoid than any poster here.

Can you please back this statement up?

I never considered them "radical and paranoid." They just wanted the right to make their own decisions and laws. Seems rational. They weren't rebelling again speed limits.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    See that's the problem, your elected officials and the vast majority of society feel that these laws that you disagree with are necessary. Most people don't want unlimited speed limits, drunk drivers, no traffic signals, or many other things that people claim are "victimless crimes." You saying that they are unnecessary doesn't make it so. What I'm telling you is that if you drive like a sane person you won't be "harassed" by the police. It has nothing to do with conforming to your master, just use your brain.

The underlying question here is should the majority of the people or the government have the authority to enact such laws. If so, 51% of the people can strip any amendment they want from the constitution. Laws should not be subject to mob rule but to constitutional restraints. Mob rule is a very slippery slope.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010

I am a LEO officer and I would want my kid to grow up to be EXACTLY LIKE ME!!! I take responsibility as a professional and as a citizen. Entertainment shapes what people think, not the "news" stories you dig out of some right winger's arse and post on the internet to show that there is some kind of epidemic of innocent people being targeted by police.

These "victimless crimes" everyone is talking about: Officer David Moore died while attempting to enforce a "victimless crime" that would have prevented an armed robbery had he not been slain by some piece of worthless trash who also thought there should be no laws against "victimless crimes." Hope it isn't one of your children working in a store next time an officer ignores his job because a bunch of internet heroes tell him it infringes on their "rights."

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

And when most people decide that they also want gun bans, food restrictions, government-owned medical care and the like, I'll protest all of those as well.

Most people are wrong.

Use your brain.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You don't have a toddler, remember? You just want to tell everyone else how to raise their kids like you're an expert on the subject.
    Sorry I offended you broseph. Its only the internet. :(

The world kind of changes once you have a child...I am being serious.
    I am sure it does. I think it is fairly unlikely that I am going to suddenly want my kid to aspire to be a One World Government LEO though. That's what this crap reminds me of. Wearing shiny black masks doesn't stir up a lot of patriotism or Americanism for me.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    These "victimless crimes" everyone is talking about: Officer David Moore died while attempting to enforce a "victimless crime" that would have prevented an armed robbery had he not been slain by some piece of worthless trash who also thought there should be no laws against "victimless crimes." Hope it isn't one of your children working in a store next time an officer ignores his job because a bunch of internet heroes tell him it infringes on their "rights."

Ahh yes. If it saves just one life, the law is worth it. Right?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Can you please back this statement up?

I never considered them "radical and paranoid." They just wanted the right to make their own decisions and laws. Seems rational. They weren't rebelling again speed limits.

:n00b:

Read Patrick Henry's Liberty or Death address on the white house sidewalk and see where you end up. Henry meant every word he said and did it. Where would that type of talk get you today? Just handing out constitutions at airports are worthy of detention in this country today. Our founders did far more than pen that document. They shed blood to do so.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Its only the internet. :(

If it's only the internet, why do you post multiple threads about this garbage on a daily basis? Get out and actually DO SOMETHING about it if it's "only the internet."

I have a child.

He won't be dressing up as a government-sanctioned thug for halloween.

Want a cookie?

OK, I have a question for everyone in this thread screaming for more liberty:

What the **** does the OP have to do with this? Are you under the impression that swat teams across the US get a royalty off of every one of these costumes being sold? Do you think they had a hand in it at all?

If your answer is "no," then why are you *****ing and moaning about it in here and not in the Political Forum?

Oh, because you like to bash cops at any chance you get? OK, gotcha.

Top Bottom