This is still my favorite childhood game:

brb_72_virgins.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rambone...I am guessing you don't have kids so I will tell you a little about mine. My 3 and 6 year old have a police set along with a firemens set. The police set came with a toy knife, pistol, holster, handcuffs, and badge. I don't know where you are tracking down all the stuff you are posting but I am guessing as usual you are going way out of your way to find it and make your case. The kids fireman set has a fire hat, jacket, axe, and badge/name tag. To date the only injury we had was from the firemens kit and the toy axe and not from the supposed jackboot set I am guessing you dream about.

I'm not at all saying that your fireman toys and police costumes are a physical danger to the kids. I'm saying that dressing them in black masks with clubs really works on changing their perspective of law enforcement early.

I won't be dressing any kids of mine in black masks. That's my drift.

images
    VERSUS THIS

police-officer-kid-halloween-costume.jpg

VERSUS THIS
    swat_police.JPG

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Declaration of Independence separated us from what was essentially a foreign power. The Constitution is the structure for our government. Try to learn the difference between a foreign power and the government of your country.

And forgive me if I don't respond to another of your lame assertions. I actually have to work today....

Ciao.
    Those whiskey taxes aren't going to collect themselves. :):

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm saying that dressing them in black masks with clubs really works on changing their perspective of law enforcement early.

Yeah, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is what put my younger cousin in prison. :yesway:

I have an uncle who's in the state pen because of Yosemite Sam too.

I never realized how flawed my parents were until I started reading Ramboprah.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Yeah, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is what put my younger cousin in prison. :yesway:

:lmfao: I almost spit my coke on the keyboard

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Those are fictional characters.

SWAT teams are not.

There's quite a big difference.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I wonder why so many people are resistant to having more Liberty in their life...

seems odd

Not resistant to liberty at all but some of you are not practical. Also, how much liberty do you feel you should have compared to what someone else has? I guarantee you that I would give a lot more than most for more freedoms BUT I do like some of the luxuries that my neighborhood and location afford me compared to others.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If all this seems normal to you guys then, if nothing else, maybe I gave you guys some good Halloween and Christmas ideas.

Let them dress up like a little enforcer and play with some little checkpoint toys. Teach them early to hate the Bill of Rights.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    People don't object to Liberty.
    They object to Anarchy.
    The difference between the two is lost on some people here.

Definition of ANARCHY

a : absence of government b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government

Apparently the difference is lost on you. I've not heard anyone advocating anarchy so far.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Not resistant to liberty at all but some of you are not practical. Also, how much liberty do you feel you should have compared to what someone else has? I guarantee you that I would give a lot more than most for more freedoms BUT I do like some of the luxuries that my neighborhood and location afford me compared to others.

Justice is (or should be) blind. Everyone equal under the law. We attempt to pre-empt crime by creating criminals based on what a person might do. Can't say I'm a big fan of this kind of thought process. Therefore, I am for the abolishment of all laws, malum prohibitum, since they all attempt to arrest or levy a fine prior to a criminal act, malum in se. For instance, speeding is illegal (malum prohibitum) because you might wreck into someone (malum in se) because you were driving too fast. So, the actual crime of wrecking into someone is already covered, and we attempt to pre-empt this by arresting or levying a fine prior to the actual crime. It just doesn't jive with my sense of freedom and what that really means. Should we have guidelines on our roadways? Absolutely. I'm all for lines on roads, driving on the right, and driving the recommended speed. After all, these guidelines greatly increase my chances of NOT crashing into someone or something, which is goal number one.

How does less Liberty equate to more Luxury? I'm honestly curious about this unless I just read it wrong.

Top Bottom