• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If all this seems normal to you guys then, if nothing else, maybe I gave you guys some good Halloween and Christmas ideas.

Let them dress up like a little enforcer and play with some little checkpoint toys.

Rambone, I will be the first to admit that there are a lot of bad cops in this country. Hell, there are a couple in my town that shouldn't be allowed to do what they do. Now, there are a LOT of great people who are LEO's and do a damn fine job at it. Without a lot of those people doing that job and doing it well I might add then you would not have all the freedoms you have now. You ever take into account how quick a gang would take over a neighborhood and either throw you out of your home or just beat and rob you until you leave? If you don't believe me then you really need to go to Detroit someday and see it for yourself. I live in a neighborhood with almost all family houses and older people so my crime rate is really low. Also, I have about 6 police officers who live in a 4 block radius of my house so that may be a deterrent as well with my highly patrolled area.

Police corruption and abuse does happen to innocent people quite often and they need a lot more punishment for it then what most get for sure. However, I haven't had any real issues with the police in my town, college, or even Indianapolis when I have been there. If I were to venture a guess as to why I have not had any issues then I would have to say its because I DON'T BREAK THE LAW!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Rambone, I will be the first to admit that there are a lot of bad cops in this country. Hell, there are a couple in my town that shouldn't be allowed to do what they do. Now, there are a LOT of great people who are LEO's and do a damn fine job at it. Without a lot of those people doing that job and doing it well I might add then you would not have all the freedoms you have now. You ever take into account how quick a gang would take over a neighborhood and either throw you out of your home or just beat and rob you until you leave? If you don't believe me then you really need to go to Detroit someday and see it for yourself. I live in a neighborhood with almost all family houses and older people so my crime rate is really low. Also, I have about 6 police officers who live in a 4 block radius of my house so that may be a deterrent as well with my highly patrolled area.

Police corruption and abuse does happen to innocent people quite often and they need a lot more punishment for it then what most get for sure. However, I haven't had any real issues with the police in my town, college, or even Indianapolis when I have been there. If I were to venture a guess as to why I have not had any issues then I would have to say its because I DON'T BREAK THE LAW!

People often make the mistake that if you want less restrictive laws, then you want less law enforcement. That isn't the case.

I'm a big fan of law enforcement catching theives, murderers, rapists, and thugs. I'm not a big fan of them wasting time on speeders, dope dealers, and prostitutes.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    People often make the mistake that if you want less restrictive laws, then you want less law enforcement. That isn't the case.

I'm a big fan of law enforcement catching theives, murderers, rapists, and thugs. I'm not a big fan of them wasting time on speeders, dope dealers, and prostitutes.
    Uhhh.....
    That was his point.
    Those things are ILLEGAL!!!!
    Live with it!!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

Its better to have a cop catch a speeder in my neighborhood then what I did to a jackass in my old neighborhood and another at BSU. Both of those people had more in repair costs then the speeding ticket would have been:D That was before I had kids so now that I do then I am sure dope dealers are high up on my list of people that are ok to have as neighbors:rolleyes:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    However, I haven't had any real issues with the police in my town, college, or even Indianapolis when I have been there. If I were to venture a guess as to why I have not had any issues then I would have to say its because I DON'T BREAK THE LAW!

You don't break the law... but more things are becoming illegal every day.

Don't grow your grass too long, don't fly a flag where they tell you, don't curse in public, don't smoke in your own car, don't save seeds in your own garden, don't fail to buy obamacare health insurance, don't assert your rights to not be searched, don't try selling any raw milk, don't record police officers on duty, don't sell your old folding gate baby crib, don't sell 100W light bulbs....

do I really need to go on? You think minding your own business will keep you away from the police, think again!!

Also, don't be mistaken for someone breaking a law. And don't be near someone breaking a law. And make sure every member of your house is not breaking any laws.

Or the next thing you know, men in black masks will break your door down and kill you in your living room, because your kid was smoking pot and you didn't know it.

Now we have come full-circle on why I think it is ridiculous to glorify wearing black masks and violently suppressing victimless crimes.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Admittedly, I asked one of the kids I baby sit every so often last week who his hero was. He said Master Chief. I have not played video games enough to know the reference. I had thought he was talking about the rank only and I asked who he knew that was a Master Chief. He then brought out the video game and tell me about the guy on the picture. He was a "Master Chief" last halloween as well.

Costume, toy and cartoon makers are going to get the things kids see on their parent's TVs or video games. Playing Modern Warfare (I know THAT reference, I have it! :D ) all day is going to make a kid want to be an operator. Watching a masked or helmeted guy "save the day" is going to make a kid want to be that. The makers of the toys and such are meerly capitalizing on the demand they recieve.

A few bad cops and in general, a bad government have made things bad imagewise for the police in total. I have met and friended many cops, including one of my heros when I was a kid: A Toledo Metro SWAT officer. He was my father when my father didn't want to raise me (when my father was chasing tail and cheating on my stepmom), him and many others. Did I want to be a cop? Yep. Psych eval said I wasn't "aggressive" enough (according to the review the Sgt. gave me). :( I wanted to be one of the cops from Hill St. Blues. I wanted to help the community and be a hero. But I cannot, as I am not "aggressive" enough by today's standards.

Part of me agrees with Rambone, but on the other hand, I believe it is making a mountain out of a molehill. :twocents: Kids imitate what we want them to, we form them by "controlling" what they input via media, TV, and personal interaction with our kids.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

Don't grow your grass too long, don't fly a flag where they tell you, don't curse in public, don't smoke in your own car, don't save seeds in your own garden, don't fail to buy obamacare health insurance, don't assert your rights to not be searched, don't try selling any raw milk, don't record police officers on duty, don't sell your old folding gate baby crib, don't sell 100W light bulbs....

do I really need to go on? You think minding your own business will keep you away from the police, think again!!

Also, don't be mistaken for someone breaking a law. And don't be near someone breaking a law. And make sure every member of your house is not breaking any laws.

Or the next thing you know, men in black masks will break your door down and kill you in your living room, because your kid was smoking pot and you didn't know it.

Now we have come full-circle on why I think it is ridiculous to glorify wearing black masks and violently suppressing victimless crimes.

Don't attempt to kill children with cigarette smoke because you are a complete moron and shouldn't be breeding if you have the brain of a hamster. That is a little closer to the law about smoking in cars then just saying you can't smoke in cars.

On the rest of the stuff....wow I am more amazed everyday and most of your threads are like a train wreck. I just can't look away even though I know I should

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

I've never been stopped by the police as a driver. I've never had them come to my door for something I've done. I've never had involuntary contacts with them for something I've done. Minding your own business does work. So does obeying speed limits, stopping at stop signs, not driving drunk, not running red lights, not swerving across several lanes of traffic, not...well you get the idea. Your idea of the police harassing everybody constantly just isn't true.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I've never been stopped by the police as a driver. I've never had them come to my door for something I've done. I've never had involuntary contacts with them for something I've done. Minding your own business does work. So does obeying speed limits, stopping at stop signs, not driving drunk, not running red lights, not swerving across several lanes of traffic, not...well you get the idea. Your idea of the police harassing everybody constantly just isn't true.

Most I know don't really want to pull anybody over. Two guys I know even have openly said you have to be doing something extremely dumb or act like a complete jerk to get a ticket from them. Not all cops are the evil people that everyone makes them out to be.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

+1 to this. obey your masters and you may not be harassed as much.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That's the worst you can find on there? I thought this one would have sent you screaming back to your mother:
    2c89dbac803277fc4d7edf0010c279f1.image.250x499.jpg

OMG!!! That is the new Obamacare Death Panel custom!!!!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Don't attempt to kill children with cigarette smoke because you are a complete moron and shouldn't be breeding if you have the brain of a hamster. That is a little closer to the law about smoking in cars then just saying you can't smoke in cars.

For the children. You think taxing a driver with a lame*ssed ticket is going to save the children from dumb parents. I think that is laughable. And how do you imagine the cops are supposed to see what is strapped into the back seat? Should they pull over every guy smoking a cigarette and check for children in the back? Its ridiculous. Nannyism.

On the rest of the stuff....wow I am more amazed everyday and most of your threads are like a train wreck. I just can't look away even though I know I should

Every one of those examples is going on in America as we speak. Even the guy getting shot in his living room because his kid smokes pot. I think that makes our government a train wreck. I'm just the messenger.

I've never been stopped by the police as a driver. I've never had them come to my door for something I've done. I've never had involuntary contacts with them for something I've done. Minding your own business does work. So does obeying speed limits, stopping at stop signs, not driving drunk, not running red lights, not swerving across several lanes of traffic, not...well you get the idea.

How many articles do I need to show you that say otherwise? People minding their own business get harassed all the time. Maybe not you in particular, but that doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't true.

Your idea of the police harassing everybody constantly just isn't true.

I don't say that. Not "everybody." Not "constantly." But it is happening every day in this country. Anyone with a conscience should be able to admit that innocent people being violated by government is a problem. I don't see the problem getting better with more laws, more bans, and kids dreaming of beating protesters when they grow up.

Top Bottom