• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It doesn't take any cojones at all. They know that someone who is seen carrying (OC or unconcealed CC) is likely carrying legally, and those who carry legally are only a threat to those who would commit a crime against us.
    I dono, I have had many a "sheep" freak out (I mean pee their pants freak out) when they see a person carrying a firearm...LEGALLY.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    If there are no rules posted in "a private store" selling to the public and inviting in the public, I would stop DRT and ask the manager for the Chapter & Verse of their rules. He might be right, and he might be wrong. Have him make a copy of that portion of the rules for you. Stand your ground until he gives you proof. Don't emulate his prickishness, but stand firm. I am shocked, sort of, at some comments here telling us that "we don't have the numbers" to have any affect. . B.S.! ! ! How many are HERE on INGO? Do you know other guys who shop with their wives/GFs, and who might keep Sweetie OUT of Old Navy? Tell her why. Let her understand you. Do you belong to any Shooting Clubs, Veteran organizations, shop many LGS-s and Mil. Surps? We will get what we settle for. (How many friends would you lose if you letter to the editor on this tolic got published? Who needs "friends" like that?)!! O, BTW, take your copy of the "rule" with you along with some more copies, to your next Membership meeting. Spread the love.

Exactly.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    It doesn't take any cojones at all. They know that someone who is seen carrying (OC or unconcealed CC) is likely carrying legally, and those who carry legally are only a threat to those who would commit a crime against us.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking, if he would have thought the OP was "dangerous" he would have left the immediate area and dropped a dime. (as he should)

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Old Navy = 1 time use clothes anyway because after they get washed once they all start to unravel. Good riddance! Sorry you had trouble there, but at least it gives you a reason not to have to sit and wait on women shopping anymore. :)

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I thought this was going to be how the manager kicked you out and revoked your man card for shopping in an Old Navy to begin. Did you go to Abercrombie next?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought this was going to be how the manager kicked you out and revoked your man card for shopping in an Old Navy to begin. Did you go to Abercrombie next?

Funny. But he did say it was 2 women doing the shopping. Sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Old Navy = 1 time use clothes anyway because after they get washed once they all start to unravel. Good riddance! Sorry you had trouble there, but at least it gives you a reason not to have to sit and wait on women shopping anymore. :)

Exactly. Made in China or some other slave labor sweat shop factory clothing. I would do as others have recommended. Write the letter, don't spend your hard earned money on supporting the Chinese economy in these anti 2nd Amendment retail establishments.

Google "American made shirts, jeans, clothing etc". It IS available if we look. We could change the world if we choose to.

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis

Funny. But he did say it was 2 women doing the shopping. Sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

Hey man, I'm just the driver! I never said I was doing the shopping, just waiting for my mother and sister to get done with doing whatever the heck they were doing. I should have just walked over to Dicks Sporting Goods like another poster said to, but sometimes it's less aggravating to wait for women than it is to play hide and seek with them in more than one store.

Did you ask him for some ID to prove that he was a manager? He should be able to prove it before he can go ordering you out of the store.

No sir I didn't. I would have gotten irate if I had to deal with this knucklehead any more than I had to.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Exactly. Made in China or some other slave labor sweat shop factory clothing. I would do as others have recommended. Write the letter, don't spend your hard earned money on supporting the Chinese economy in these anti 2nd Amendment retail establishments.

Google "American made shirts, jeans, clothing etc". It IS available if we look. We could change the world if we choose to.

:yesway:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    If it's a store policy to not allow customers to exercise their 2nd Amendment right it should be posted. After all how the hell is the general public going to know the policy of each and every store. I would say it was just some libtard that confused employee policy and that that it meant to apply to everyone.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I dono, I have had many a "sheep" freak out (I mean pee their pants freak out) when they see a person carrying a firearm...LEGALLY.

Denny, seriously? Are you trying to argue that sheep have cojones? ;)

As for those who wet their pants, you are "babysitting the world".... Do you keep a pack of Depends in the trunk of your squad car? :lmfao:

In all seriousness, though, I know what you mean. Still, though, on some level, they do know that we're no threat to them, but they freak because as humans, we fear what we don't understand. Look at the fear of snakes or heights or spiders; one of those critters, even behind glass, or standing on a glass walkway without a visible floor protecting you from falling can produce an atavistic terror, even though we know they can't hurt us. We're willing to go places where height is a risk or to where we might see those animals, even be close to them, despite our fear, when we know we're safe from them. I'm not sure if that's what goes through their heads, but that's my theory.

And I still don't believe they have cojones.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    Hey man, I'm just the driver! I never said I was doing the shopping, just waiting for my mother and sister to get done with doing whatever the heck they were doing. I should have just walked over to Dicks Sporting Goods like another poster said to, but sometimes it's less aggravating to wait for women than it is to play hide and seek with them in more than one store.

Dicks has the same policy except it is posted at the door. If you check most 'public 'retail businesses have a firearms policy. They are not allowed. Get a compact 380 it will fit in your pocket and not be be detected.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    I don't sit and wait

I sit and WATCH! The other women ! ! !

mlockhart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Noblesville IN
    Everybody that reads this should call Old Navy this week. Ask for the Manager, be polite, tell the Manager that you will be unable to shop in his store anymore untill this unsafe policy is changed. You have been a loyal customer but if they will not allow law abiding citizens to protect theirselves in a lawful manner you will spend your money elsewhere.

Top Bottom