• BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I sit and WATCH! The other women ! ! !

:shady:

hi-can-i-come-in-hi-can-i-come-in-creepy-guy-hairless-demotivational-poster-1242253514.jpg

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    i will not shop there. it may not break them but i will tell all my vet buddies an there you go before long several 1000 or more will do the same. POWER IN NUMBERS ONE AT A TIME pass it on.. don't foreget we to have rights and freedom of speech.Eddie

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd have not handled the situation much differently...

Would've kept it simple, present yourself in a professional manner,
    hand over a NO GUNS, NO MONEY card, told him to pound sand and have a good day.

Great thing about forums and threads like these - They stick to me.
    Next time and every time I think: Old Navy... I won't think twice about entering.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    You can make a difference. You already have. If everyone in this post who says they are not spending their money there anymore does, it's a good start. The big change is when more and more people hear and THEY don't spend their money there either. I can honestly say that Me and Mine will not be spending ours there. They want you to take a hike....we want them to take a hike...sounds fair. They have that right and so do we. No need to get upset. Just spend it next door. They win...no more guns in the store...we win and so do the stores that allow us our freedoms...we all win. It's the American Way.:patriot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If there are no rules posted in "a private store" selling to the public and inviting in the public, I would stop DRT and ask the manager for the Chapter & Verse of their rules. He might be right, and he might be wrong. Have him make a copy of that portion of the rules for you. Stand your ground until he gives you proof. Don't emulate his prickishness, but stand firm. I am shocked, sort of, at some comments here telling us that "we don't have the numbers" to have any affect. . B.S.! ! ! How many are HERE on INGO? Do you know other guys who shop with their wives/GFs, and who might keep Sweetie OUT of Old Navy? Tell her why. Let her understand you. Do you belong to any Shooting Clubs, Veteran organizations, shop many LGS-s and Mil. Surps? We will get what we settle for. (How many friends would you lose if you letter to the editor on this tolic got published? Who needs "friends" like that?)!! O, BTW, take your copy of the "rule" with you along with some more copies, to your next Membership meeting. Spread the love.

Yeah um, bad idea. If he's the manager and says "leave," leave. You have no expectation of him to "prove" his company's policy after the manager has asked you the leave. He is the legal proxy of the business. He can make rules up "on the spot" if he wishes, and if you fail to comply with his request to leave, you are trespassing.

The interesting thing about this story, is that honestly, the policy of Old Navy is kinda business savvy. There are no "no firearms" signs posted. For a person who is properly CC'd, this would never be an issue nor would they know that they are in violation of the company's policy. People that OC are often frowned upon by business owners, as they believe that it frightens the public. They can't exactly say "no OC-ing, but CC acceptable," so they covertly go with the "catch all" of "no guns." To the guy looking from the outside in, it may simply be a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.... as in, "we don't allow guns in the store but we don't have signs telling you we don't want your business. If you have a gun, don't tell us, and we wont ask."

Moral of the story. CC properly.

Last edited:

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Yeah um, bad idea. If he's the manager and says "leave," leave. You have no expectation of him to "prove" his company's policy after the manager has asked you the leave. He is the legal proxy of the business. He can make rules up "on the spot" if he wishes, and if you fail to comply with his request to leave, you are trespassing.

The interesting thing about this story, is that honestly, the policy of Old Navy is kinda business savvy. There are no "no firearms" signs posted. For a person who is properly CC'd, this would never be an issue nor would they know that they are in violation of the company's policy. People that OC are often frowned upon by business owners, as they believe that it frightens the public. They can't exactly say "no OC-ing, but CC acceptable," so they covertly go with the "catch all" of "no guns." To the guy looking from the outside in, it may simply be a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.... as in, "we don't allow guns in the store but we don't have signs telling you we don't want your business. If you have a gun, don't tell us, and we wont ask."

Moral of the story. CC properly.

That is what I was thinking but too lazy to type.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Maybe there should be a section on this site that is a list of places that prohibit guns in their business. Then we can all see where NOT to go.

I was goingto create a google map editable by everyone invited/sent the file. A nurse was fired and now my schedule is all messed up. Let me get used to thirds and I will work on that.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    So, I wont be shopping at Old Navy anymore ...then again, I can't recall that I ever have. :dunno:

As someone else pointed out, it is somewhat ironic that the store includes a branch of the armed forces in it's name. :rolleyes:

If I remember my marketing class from a few decades ago, one negative customer experience will eventually reach 25 potential customers. Of course, that was before the internet, email, facebook, etc. The effect may be larger now. Just something to think about.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    So I was kind of curious about this, and looked online at the Old navy / Gap site for any firearms/weapons policies.

Old Navy.....nothing
    Gap....nothing
    Gap Inc (corporate)....nothing

Called customer service for old navy, talk to a gentleman briefly about the incident and informed him that I could not find it anywhere on any of their websites, and that it was not posted in the store...

"Well, that's odd. I know it's Gap policy, but let me try to look it up for you."

5 minutes later, "I'm sorry sir, but I can seem to find anything about this. Let me transfer you to customer relations..."

10 seconds later...

"Please call back during normal business hours..."

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    So I was kind of curious about this, and looked online at the Old navy / Gap site for any firearms/weapons policies.

Old Navy.....nothing
    Gap....nothing
    Gap Inc (corporate)....nothing

Called customer service for old navy, talk to a gentleman briefly about the incident and informed him that I could not find it anywhere on any of their websites, and that it was not posted in the store...

"Well, that's odd. I know it's Gap policy, but let me try to look it up for you."

5 minutes later, "I'm sorry sir, but I can seem to find anything about this. Let me transfer you to customer relations..."

10 seconds later...

"Please call back during normal business hours..."

What you experienced was their "Head in the sand policy". They hide and hope you go away.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    When I am carrying, I stay out of Old Navy. When I am not carrying, I stay out of Old Navy. When my wife and I are together, and she shops Old Navy, I stay out of Old Navy.
    I think I see a pattern that was formed long ago, and reinforced by this thread. There really is nothing remotely interesting in that store.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    It's seems like this could all be avoided had you 1)had a slightly easier to conceal gun 2)had a longer jacket. But still **** on Old Navy for not having it posted.

You serious, Clark?

They asked a paying customer to leave. Not only that, they in turn asked the rest of his family - paying customers - to leave. As someone else mentioned, each unhappy customer will tell at least 10 people. As I recall there were 2 other adult WOMEN with him. Tell me who shops at Old Navy and talks to a LOT of people.....WOMEN!

Sorry, this is on Old Navy, not the OP's choice of gun or jacket.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My wife goes there sometimes. I will discourage her in the future. Some time ago I read that they were in trouble. One thing I like about INGO is that I believe info like this, getting to so many folks, can put a dent in a business's sales.

Top Bottom