• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I actually cant cant believe I forgot to post a review of such an awesome high quality knife. This thing just feels great in the hand. I found this for 77$ and Ill put money on the fact that you will never find this kinda quality for this price. I talked to the guys at kershaw about this knife. This is the same steel as the titanium Tyrade version. They basically took any blade that had a scratch on it and either stone-washed or bead-blasted them and used stainless steel linerlocks and G10 aircraft aluminum for the handles instead of the higher priced titanium frame lock handles. So your getting a toned down 230$ knife. for only 77$. Now I simply love the stone-washed look of this blade and some might think that the plain black G10 handles are borring.... But they also make thes in desert Tan, blue, and hunter orange. And besides this thing comes so packed with character its anything but boring. Now this thing weighs a nice 6.7oz and I though it sounded heavy before I held it and its perfectly balanced. It fits my hand like it was made just for me and after a few minutes of carry you will forget its there. The blade has 154cm on the spine and a razor sharp CPM-D2 BLADE. This is called SAN MAI STEEL. Much like the Japanese used on there swords in the past. So far anything it cuts is quick and perfect. Keep your bugger hooks away from this blade its just wicked sharp. It has a super sharp spear like point a nice fat belly and a nice inward curve allowing you to really use that belly to its full potential. Did I mention this thing can cut?.... Seat belts, wood, PVC, carpet, and electrical wire all get cut smooth and with ease and I have yet to sharpen this blade. This has the strength of a fixed blade with the compactness of being a folder. And Its propelled open fast using the "speedsafe" assisted opening system and a nice flipper. I just love the satisfying clank sound it makes. Ive been playing with this for over a week and its amazing. Built tight like a rolex watch this thing is sure to last a lifetime. Now I didn't get a good picture of the laser engraving but I tried. It reads "DON'T TREAD ON ME - 2009" And is in a "hand of Sean" font. The engraving only cost 5$ and looks fantastic. And last but not least.... Its made in the USA and its marked on the blade. Other markings include APR 09 on the flipper and each steel type is marked. It also states the model number and of-course the Kershaw name. This is all I can say so I'm going to let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

norie158.jpg

norie177.jpg

norie180.jpg

Note that this is a nice thick blade with a great shape and countours towards the tip. Great piercing tip!
    norie200.jpg

norie203.jpg

norie182.jpg

norie192.jpg

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Kershaw Knives - Ken Onion Knives

this is where I ordered mine. The service was top notch and the sales lady is who pointed me towards the "Hand of Sean" font that I just love. It only took 5-days till it was on my doorstep. Im very pleased with the work and the product. They also have a site for SOG and Gerber tools.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    I was torn between the Tyrade and the ZT 0350. I did my homework and read every review on both of these knives and i ended up choosing the Zero Tolerance. I personally loved the blade shape and design on the the ZT 0350, but i would still like to have a Tyrade. I just liked the overall design of the 0350 just a little bit more. Just my 2 cents!

Top Bottom