• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Our local kennel is full for the weekend we need in August, so I'm looking for recommendations. Our 11 mo old puppy is energetic and friendly, so an option for lots of playtime - with or without other dogs - is helpful. Any recommendations for some place along I-65 between Rensselaer and Edinburgh?
    Petsmart in Indy is our backup plan - but something less than $30 a night plus $16 a day to play would be good. Thanks!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Not in your area specified....but we usually use Top Dog over in Homer. First Friends in fischers is good also, but they are more a training faculty who boards.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    we use Cheeney Creek Kennels in Fishers (on 106th just east of Allisonville). I think they're about $18 a night plus a little more if you wants baths or extra playtime. 317.849.4446

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Not in your area specified....but we usually use Top Dog over in Homer. First Friends in fischers is good also, but they are more a training faculty who boards.

I will second First Friends K9 in Fishers (right next to Reynolds Farm Equipment). We've taken our Airedale Terrier there for training classes since he was 1, and we've also utilized their boarding service as well. Bruce and his crew took good care of our dog, and their training classes are always full. They must be doing something right.

I will say that they only have outside kennels, and if the weather is extremely hot, a pet owner might be worried about the heat with their dog outside.

Magolin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Zionsville Country Kennel is awesome. They're right off the 65/865 exit. They put up with my insane childhood dog and actually liked her. My old border collie loved going there.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Zionsville Country Kennel is awesome. They're right off the 65/865 exit. They put up with my insane childhood dog and actually liked her. My old border collie loved going there.

I second this. We've used them twice with two different dogs. Both left happy and healthy. They have a great staff, nice facility etc. We were hoping that both would come home a little more "appreciative" but we were wrong! :laugh:

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    I'm not sure on pricing, but there is a kennel on 31 in between Edinburgh and Franklin. They have changed owners recently. I helped put in all of the drainage and kennel bays. Everything was concrete floors with FRP dividers.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I'm not sure on pricing, but there is a kennel on 31 in between Edinburgh and Franklin. They have changed owners recently. I helped put in all of the drainage and kennel bays. Everything was concrete floors with FRP dividers.

Funny Farm Petcare?

Great recommendations so far, everyone. Thanks! Now I have too many options! I knew INGO would come through for me. :ingo:

Top Bottom