• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    The p17 has been more reliable than a ruger mark 3 and 4 I have tried, and it will shoot a greater variety of ammo. For accuracy, I don't know how good you are, but the gun is able to do 2" groups at 10 yards if you are patient.
    Well that is encouraging to hear, maybe I will have to get one after all. I would be satisfied with a 2" group at 10 yards.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    About the most fun you can have under $300 (adding information some ammo and range fees )
    Love the sights.
    It eats the Winchester 333/525 box stuff really well.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I had been considering the P17 as well. But it seems from all the reviews, if you want any accuracy or reliability, you are better off saving up for a Ruger Mark I-IV or a SIG P322
    The most accurate 22LR pistol in our inventory is by far the S&W Victory.
    I should note, it has an after market barrel on it but the original bull barrel was plenty accurate from the factory.
    Great range pistol and yes, I would be confident taking small game with it. The only draw back is the shooter. :dunno:

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’ve had a couple p17 and never have had a problem. Fairly accurate. Pretty good trigger. Bang for the buck it’s top notch. The ruger mk series, buckmarks, or victory will be more accurate but they are a totally different genre of gun. The tx22 is probably the best polymer 22 there is. I’d take it over 322 and g44 every single time. The wild card for me is a new fn 502 I got. It has a chance to dethrone the tx22 but is also almost twice the money

Thousands of rounds through different variations of those listed above and can’t say the p17 isn’t as fun to plink with as any of the others. Hard to beat for price especially coming with three mags.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Has anyone had an issue with the P17 16 rnd mags? Which other 22 come with reliably feeding mags over 10 rnds?
    No problems in mine. The tx22 comes with 16 rounds. The tx22 compact is 12. They both have been 100 reliable. Sig 322 has twenty rounders. They can be hit it or miss. It comes down to if you take time and load them correctly. The fn 502 has a ten round and a 15 round. Both have been reliable

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    It has all the fit and finish of a dollar store squirt gun, but the fun factor is tops. Mine ate anything I put in it, best value on the market. Questioning mu decision to sell it. Good gun.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    No problems in mine. The tx22 comes with 16 rounds. The tx22 compact is 12. They both have been 100 reliable. Sig 322 has twenty rounders. They can be hit it or miss. It comes down to if you take time and load them correctly. The fn 502 has a ten round and a 15 round. Both have been reliable
    Galloway Precision and a few others make magazine adapters to hold more. I have a few PROMAG's that hold 21 rounds.
    They work without issue in the firearm. It is challenging to get the full 21 in one of them but 20 works.

Top Bottom