• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Just posted in the handgun forum about the PMR30 so now lets talk about the RFB. Since I already chose the FAL as my MBR this guns seems to be a natural progression into a shorter .308/7.62x51 weapon. I like the Para FAL's but the RFB is next on the list. I am still a bit leery of the forward ejection or at leas the way the RFB does it currently, but it will probably improve once in the hands of some innovative shooters.
    Keltec firearms

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Why are you leery of the forward ejection? If you are a lefty it is the only option if you want a bullpup.

It looks like a really cool rifle. Good luck finding one though.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I am unsure of the ejection because the gun does not clear the round from the gun the empties are deposited into a tube and gravity seems to be the only force working to clear that tube. I will find one when production picks up and check it out for myself.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I read an American Rifleman article that stated the gun heats up a bit after shooting, making cheek-to-stock weld very uncomfortable. I do not know how this compares to other bullpup rifles, as I do not own one, just thought I would post some food for thought.

jphillips9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    FYI - A buddy of mine called Kel Tec last Wednesday about this gun and the rep he talked to told him a minimum of a year wait. Basically what "ramp up" in production they are doing this year has already been met with high demand.

nmcampbe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Central IN
    There always is a wait when Keltec comes out with a new product, big demand. I thought these rifles were a little too pricey for my likings. FAL or M1A works fine for me.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Smart Marketing Move

This RFB hits two special interest groups .
    On the Left handed shooters ... the gun speaks for itself there and
    the big one ...
    This is a short barreled rifle with out going to the hassle of
    getting on through the NFA registry .
    Many people have NFA items .
    Don't think a thing about it ... a lot of guys don't want to be on the LIST
    This gun answers that problem.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Not really a SBR as it still has to meet the minimum barrel length of 16 inches and it does at 18 inches. It also has to meet minimum OAL which it also meets. So you have short wheelbase but full length barrel.

Bullpups have been tried for about as long as guns have been around and the success of the designs with shooters has been limited. I have shot a good number of them and, have for the most part, always walked away less than impressed. The forward ejecting is a unique solution to a common problem but all of the rest of the issues of the bullpup remain. As stated heat build-up at the cheek weld can be uncomfortable and especially with a .308, the closer you bring the muzzle blast and flash to your face the more it can affect your aim and concentration.

So why go to a bullpup? Because you end up with a shorter OAL, the RFB is shorter than a folded FAL Para and you can't shoot the para accurately with the stock folded. However I still feel that for 98% of the folks out there it is a solution for a nonexistent problem.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    FYI - A buddy of mine called Kel Tec last Wednesday about this gun and the rep he talked to told him a minimum of a year wait. Basically what "ramp up" in production they are doing this year has already been met with high demand.

There is already a couple on gunbroker below msrp...

STRIKER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Neat rifle, but I wouldn't think of buying one as most Keltecs take regular trips to the factory.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Neat rifle, but I wouldn't think of buying one as most Keltecs take regular trips to the factory.

WoW, did you have a bad experience with one? The three I have, have worked flawlessly :dunno: I have heard of problems but then again I've heard that about just about all makes. The internet is the worlds complant center ;)

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Very cool, innovative design that you would expect from the guys at Kel-tec, though the price is way beyond anything they have made before. I would be very tempted to pick one of these up though.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana

None of mine, my Father's, or my brother's has ever had to go back...nor have most of the others I know people have owned. This is an often parroted statement with little basis in fact. How many recalls have you seen come out of Kel-tec? Ruger on the other hand...

Top Bottom