• ...and so much more!
  • BulletSponge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy.
    :welcome:
    KAL-TEC HAAA! Who in there right mind would buy a KAL-TEC!
    Well, I guess I would now. I got to hold and give a good look at a KAL-TEC RFB 308 Bullpup today, WOW! me like! The layout of the controls are nicely done with the cocking handle out in front on the handguard like it should be and everything is amby. This thing is vary small and short! It also has a rail on top for a slab of bacon. The first thing you will bitch about will be, just how heavy this thing is, for a firearm this small it is stout. I think it's close to being as heavy as a H&K 91! It has vary little plastic used in making the gun and you can sure tell as soon as you pick it up. The only other thing that was a bit odd was the buttpad is only 3.5 to 4' tall and looks small for a 7.62X51 powered weapon but I'm 6'4" and it fit me fine. The best thing about this weapon is that they used the best 308 mag in the world for this gun, the metric FN/FAL mag. I flipped out as soon as I seen the mag in the gun. The down side to all this is, now I can't dog KAL-TEC for making poorly thought out and low quality firearms any longer! There's always a down side! OK, OK! How much was it Mr. Sponge? A very cheep "I thought" 1,499,00 and it was sold, or I would be posting photos of it. I told them to call the man and ask him if he had changed his mind, they told me no! I said, maybe he lost his job, They told me, nope, not calling! Well maybe he cut his hand off on a saw today and can't call you, they told me, not likely! I tried my best! One more thing, the S.N. was 00040B and is the first one to be shipped in the U.S. Dam the luck!
    Me shooting my "almost" RFB --> :ar15:
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Kel-tec+308&emb=0&aq=f#q=Kel-tec+RFB+308&emb=0

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Kel-tec+308&emb=0&aq=f#q=%22Kel-tec+RFB%22&emb=0

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    KEL-tec, damn it, KEL-tec! :D:D

The RFB does look pretty cool, but its another gun that a company dangles in front of us. They keep saying it will be out soon, but that was two years ago!

BulletSponge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy.
    RFB+Kel-TEC+e+PARAFAL.jpg

KEL-TEC on top and FN/FAL para on the bottom.
    As you can see, the RFB is shorted than a folded FAL para.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I saw this on Kel-Tec's website the other day, and wondered about the front ejection system...doesn't seem to be an issue with it on that video.

I won't lie...I don't like Kel-Tecs very much, but I want THIS one...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Anyone know what MOA these things will be at?

Just to add, these supposedly haven't shipped yet. There aren't any on Gunbroker or any other of the major sites. You must have gotten lucky finding it.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    My son and I fondled this same RFB on Friday after it came in.... not too bad. I posted this on ARFcom and had about 6 IMs wanting to know where to buy it!!! They are drinking the Kel-Tec kool-aid big time over there!!!:koolaid:

Im happy with my STG bullpup, I would have to fire the RFB before buying one....

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    The website says that they will come in barrel lengths up to 32" that's a crazy long barrel even for a bullpup. I'm wondering about the accuracy of these things too. It would be nice if it were extremely accurate, but I have some doubts. From the footage I've seen on youtube it looks like it was designed for more of the spray and pray instead of being a compact sniper rifle like a Walther WA-2000.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The website says that they will come in barrel lengths up to 32" that's a crazy long barrel even for a bullpup. I'm wondering about the accuracy of these things too. It would be nice if it were extremely accurate, but I have some doubts. From the footage I've seen on youtube it looks like it was designed for more of the spray and pray instead of being a compact sniper rifle like a Walther WA-2000.

Not to jack the thread but can you get the WA-2000 in the US? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    current value of these rifles [WA-2000] range from $30,000 - $40,000
    Source:Walther WA2000
    That's why I was so interested in the RFB. It actually has some features that are better than the WA-2000, FAL magazines being one of them. And it's ambidextrous, which is important to me because I'm a southpaw. I just want to know how well the thing shoots.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    I'll second that

Almost too good to be true with a 30 plus inch barrel and Fn mags. I hope its a shooter. Im a lefty too and was just about to put some big time dough into an Ar-10 build until Turn and Shoot turned me onto this. Ive gotten used to brass flying back at me unfortunately.Impact guns has them available to order but none in stock for 1799.00 Tempting... Kel tecs sites says they were delayed because of re-tooling for possible high demand due to Obama so I hope their ready to use that equipment.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    That thing NEEDS an adjustable gas valve and a good muzzle brake on it! Man, he was getting beat to death like it was a 12 gauge. I know M1a's have the weight difference, but really, nothing to dampen that light weight rifle from a .308?

Pretty cool, but... it looked like a potential hangup with the empties getting dropped/pushed/ puked out so close to the running bolt. What if... you know?

What mags does it run with?

OOOPS, I see now. FAL mags.

Top Bottom