• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ldog187

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Did anyone see the post on Facebook from Kel-Tec? I have never been able to buy one at a reasonable price as it was before and I doubt I will be buying one anytime soon.

KSG price increase due to proposed PUMP-SHOTGUN ban!

Pump-action shotguns, like many law-abiding citizens use for duck hunting and self-protection were not expected to be part of the upcoming Assault Weapon ban proposal. Kel-Tec has been made aware that the KSG is going to be one of the Pump-action shotguns included in the upcoming Congressional Assault Weapon ban bill. The KSG is Kel-Tec’s first pump shotgun and large amounts of resources were put towards its development and production. The distributor price of the KSG has been increased due to this likely ban. If the threat of a ban is removed, the price will come back down to normal levels.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience this will certainly cause. Please contact your Federal representatives and tell them you do not support banning ANY pump-action shotguns, or other firearms.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Before the madness a friend told me that they were selling for 799 in Georgia with availability. Kel-tec can keep them along with their Price Hike :noway:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I handled one at a LGS in Austin. Didn't like the feel in the slightest. Felt cheap, seemed more complex than I would want under stress, and the overall length being so short doesn't matter much to me. I'll stick with an 870, especially at the prices.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I am surprised they just haven't raised the price anyway. I have had two and I still have one. I bought both of mine at normal retail price right at $700.00. I think it is crazy they sell used and many sold new for $1100.00+ before the current situation. I think Kel-Tec really knows they could raise the MSRP to $1000.00 and they would still sell just like they are now and Kel-Tec would be the one making the extra money not the greedy people. I think they have made a gun that many people want and they should sell it for what people are willing to pay. If you think this is unfair look at any other high price gun. Does it really cost $2000.00+ to build a Kriss Vector. Or does a highend AR cost 3 $1200.00 more than an Olympic to build. Kel-Tec's problem is they put out a sweet ass new gun that people really wanted and I don't think they really expected it to be this popular or they would have started it off at $1000.00.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I handled one at a LGS in Austin. Didn't like the feel in the slightest. Felt cheap, seemed more complex than I would want under stress, and the overall length being so short doesn't matter much to me. I'll stick with an 870, especially at the prices.

:):.......

Kel-Tec, dude........whud'ja x'pect ?......LOL......:D

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Pump shotguns should be limited to five rounds. That way you can only kill five people at a time, which is the standard. Here in the USA we don't care about single or multiple murders so much, but if you kill more than five people then your a total bastard, and we will not stand for that. No such weapon should exist that would compel someone to shoot more than a few people at a time. This is how we decrease the murder rate in America.

I don't need no stinkin' purple...

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I fondled one and liked it. It was kind of heavy though.

Look, if any of you have any type of business or manufacturing acumen, then Kel Tec's and most other "Assault Weapon" manufacturers' reasoning is complete bull****!

Yes, I am familiar with supply and demand. However, I am also a smart enough businessman to tell my suppliers that my sales are through the effing roof, I need more product, and I want quantity discounts. Otherwise, there are plenty of other suppliers who'd be happy to accommodate.

For Kel Tec to publicly announce that due to increased desire for their product that they need to raise prices...shame, shame, I know your name.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I fondled one and liked it. It was kind of heavy though.

Look, if any of you have any type of business or manufacturing acumen, then Kel Tec's and most other "Assault Weapon" manufacturers' reasoning is complete bull****!

Yes, I am familiar with supply and demand. However, I am also a smart enough businessman to tell my suppliers that my sales are through the effing roof, I need more product, and I want quantity discounts. Otherwise, there are plenty of other suppliers who'd be happy to accommodate.

For Kel Tec to publicly announce that due to increased desire for their product that they need to raise prices...shame, shame, I know your name.

I think you mis-interpreted what they said.

They are raising the price due to the expected DECREASE in sales potential so they can recoup their upfront engineering costs. This happens everyday in the business world. I don't see a problem with it personally. They also said, that if it is not banned (ie they can continue to build and sell them), they will bring the price back down.

Mark

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

They are raising the price due to the expected DECREASE in sales potential so they can recoup their upfront engineering costs. This happens everyday in the business world. I don't see a problem with it personally. They also said, that if it is not banned (ie they can continue to build and sell them), they will bring the price back down.

Mark

Gotcha. Still mystifying based on the fact that most, if not all, of their products will be affected by an AWB. They have a bullpup rifle and the sub 2000 line that operate off of hi cap mags. I think that if they had plenty of these KSG's, their sub 2k's, and PMR 30's, they'd have more than recouped their engineering costs for their projects.

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    I think it has more to do with this particular shotgun's capacity at 12+1 than at pump shotguns themselves.

Maybe they got wind that the KSG was on the list of specifically banned firearms.

Mark

Kind of how I took it also.

Top Bottom