• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I’m curious, can police in Indiana be held liable for having the opportunity to pit and choosing not too if the culprits ended up killing somebody as they get away? Seems to me if you can be held legally responsible for using the maneuver at the wrong time, you should also be held responsible for not using it when it was appropriate. Not using it means that you are placing others at risk down the road.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I’m curious, can police in Indiana be held liable for having the opportunity to pit and choosing not too if the culprits ended up killing somebody as they get away? Seems to me if you can be held legally responsible for using the maneuver at the wrong time, you should also be held responsible for not using it when it was appropriate. Not using it means that you are placing others at risk down the road.
    Seems to me that each party should be responsbile for their own actions. How is it the police's fault if a fleeing criminal kills someone, in any circumstance?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    IMPD just changed protocol to allow for greater officer discretion for pursuing a stolen vehicle. They can still pursue if other issues/crimes are present or witnessed. But no chasing solely for stolon vehicle. It's my understanding an officer can always decline pursuit if they can articulate a reason. Pursuits endanger everyone, coppers, baddies and the general public. IMPD is also loathed to pay for personal property damage caused by a pursuits. I can agree car chases have a place circumstantially. But the fewer the better for everybody.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    My personal opinion answer is no. But with the current climate of blaming the police for everything, you never know what will happen in civil court.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Gonna be a long, hot summer. Unbelievably bad behavior by teens is commonplace in public spaces.
    Couple examples from the first weekend of summer.

First: 7 teens beat a 50+ year old woman badly for trying to throw them out of candy store for stealing. This happened at 7:30 Saturday night on Monument Circle. Two arrested one of them was 13. 16 year old girl was charged with injuring police officer in addition to battery on the clerk. Police reviewing store video to identify other 5 participants.
    https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/teens-accused-of-beating-candy-store-employee-on-monument-circle/

Second is at Lawrence park 10:00 Sunday night. 100 rounds fired, 3 shot.
    https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/la...ertime-patrols-after-triple-shooting-at-park/

I pray that Indy can outlast the woke era until a return of law and order.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Gonna be a long, hot summer. Unbelievably bad behavior by teens is commonplace in public spaces.
    Couple examples from the first weekend of summer.

First: 7 teens beat a 50+ year old woman badly for trying to throw them out of candy store for stealing. This happened at 7:30 Saturday night on Monument Circle. Two arrested one of them was 13. 16 year old girl was charged with injuring police officer in addition to battery on the clerk. Police reviewing store video to identify other 5 participants.
    https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/teens-accused-of-beating-candy-store-employee-on-monument-circle/

Second is at Lawrence park 10:00 Sunday night. 100 rounds fired, 3 shot.
    https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/la...ertime-patrols-after-triple-shooting-at-park/

I pray that Indy can outlast the woke era until a return of law and order.
    Been saying for a while that Indy was only a couple years behind the feral teen behavior so common in Oakland, Baltimore, or Chicago. Mass shopliftings and beatings are going to be regular fixtures of Indy life.

db308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I thought that I read that the justification for the Flock Cameras on every 3rd intersection was to find and track stolen vehicles?
    Am I correct in thinking that the cameras are aimed at oncoming traffic as much as they are at the rear of the near lane they are mounted adjacent to? I'm guessing that they are also snapping photos of oncoming traffic?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Some day, some where in Indy a pack of these feral rat miscreants are going to confront or attempt to attack a properly armed citizen and get severely ventilated as a result. Then the parents of these feral rats will be screaming that their “child” was a church going altar boy/girl and how could this happen? The answer is easy:
    The parents did nothing to raise their offspring to be law abiding citizens. :rockwoot:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Some day, some where in Indy a pack of these feral rat miscreants are going to confront or attempt to attack a properly armed citizen and get severely ventilated as a result. Then the parents of these feral rats will be screaming that their “child” was a church going altar boy/girl and how could this happen? The answer is easy:
    The parents did nothing to raise their offspring to be law abiding citizens. :rockwoot:

And I will raise a glass and throw a steak on the grill.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It already happened when that gang of BLM murderers tried to beat that one guy to death and found out.

Mears charged him and put him on trial. Twice.

Top Bottom