Too close for comfort

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I just heard shots fired while outside of my house about 15 minutes ago. I started the scanner stream and heard that a panic alarm has been activated at Taylor's Pub in Greenbriar for gunfire and police have been dispatched. (I live 1 mile north of broadripple and I could hear the shots from 2.5 miles).

When I first moved to this house I thought it was a great location right between BR and Nora Plaza. I don't go into BR anymore, the demographic that has taken over there is completely nuts. Ever since building the multi story condos and apartments it went in the crapper. The hipsters of a few years ago were just annoying, but this new crowd is awful and violent.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I just heard shots fired while outside of my house about 15 minutes ago. I started the scanner stream and heard that a panic alarm has been activated at Taylor's Pub in Greenbriar for gunfire and police have been dispatched. (I live 1 mile north of broadripple and I could hear the shots from 2.5 miles).

When I first moved to this house I thought it was a great location right between BR and Nora Plaza. I don't go into BR anymore, the demographic that has taken over there is completely nuts. Ever since building the multi story condos and apartments it went in the crapper. The hipsters of a few years ago were just annoying, but this new crowd is awful and violent.
    Surely the hipsters are still there?
    Did they change, or did a new demographic move in?
    Or is it outsiders coming in to the party scene?
    Know a few that live down there, my son and DIL moved away a few years ago from 42nd and College area, needless to say we were happy.

Reactions: Mij

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Surely the hipsters are still there?
    Did they change, or did a new demographic move in?
    Or is it outsiders coming in to the party scene?
    Know a few that live down there, my son and DIL moved away a few years ago from 42nd and College area, needless to say we were happy.
    New demographic late night is all I dare say.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Driving around in a stolen car? You can just ignore police flashers now.
    Another lesser-advertised change to the policy is that if a pursuit initiated by another agency enters IMPD jurisdiction, IMPD officers are forbidden from assisting in the pursuit if the pursuit doesn't follow IMPD policy. So if Speedway PD initiates a pursuit of a stolen car and enters NW District, I cannot assist that officer.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Another lesser-advertised change to the policy is that if a pursuit initiated by another agency enters IMPD jurisdiction, IMPD officers are forbidden from assisting in the pursuit if the pursuit doesn't follow IMPD policy. So if Speedway PD initiates a pursuit of a stolen car and enters NW District, I cannot assist that officer.
    :ugh:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Driving around in a stolen car? You can just ignore police flashers now.

"Cummings said IMPD doesn’t want people to think police don’t care about reports of stolen cars, but rather that officers are just focused on getting the car back without it being damaged. "

IMG_0680.PNG

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    "Cummings said IMPD doesn’t want people to think police don’t care about reports of stolen cars, but rather that officers are just focused on getting the car back without it being damaged. "

View attachment 277039
    News flash - officers aren't the ones damaging the cars... Well, unless I PIT one into an immovable object....

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    News flash - officers aren't the ones damaging the cars... Well, unless I PIT one into an immovable object....
    Seems like a harsh rule change just because they know how much you like to PIT someone.

So if another agency is chasing a stolen vehicle and it is speeding or running red lights then can you assist, or is it based on what started the pursuit?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another shooting within walking distance of my office this AM around 10am. 30th and Arlington. I came through 30 minutes after it happened and they were still cleaning up the mess.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Seems like a harsh rule change just because they know how much you like to PIT someone.

So if another agency is chasing a stolen vehicle and it is speeding or running red lights then can you assist, or is it based on what started the pursuit?
    Depends on what started the pursuit. If the car is stolen with no other factors that would allow a chase, we can't chase or assist another agency with a chase.

Top Bottom