Kari Lake- tape recording request to 'pause'... AZ State GOP Chariman Jeff DeWit resigns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hobbs was and is a terrible candidate, and the governor refused to debate, which I am now told is okay. She had nothing to run on and squeaked out a win, which speaks to the problems Kari Lake had. The idea that she won is no less laughable than Stacy Abrams's claim that she won.

The world where Mitt Romney is on the far right is an interesting and questionable place.

It's wrong for her to claim she won without being able to prove that votes were stolen, but specifically enough to have put her over the top. In a lot of ways it's like the situation with Trump. They likely were stolen, and possibly enough for her to have won, but she was unable to prove that she really won. Same thing happened with Trump. He cannot prove that a number higher than the margin of victory for Biden, were invalid. But when you say that, Trumpers get mad and claim you have impossible standards.

The one thing she could prove doesn't prove that had the machines been calibrated properly, she would have had 17K more votes than she got. Election officials claimed that they took the ballots that couldn't be read from the precincts where the ballot printer settings were altered. And they re-scanned them at election headquarters, where supposedly they were tabulated with more "sophisticated" readers. It's up to Lake to prove that didn't happen. Certainly the long lines that were caused by the printer and other issues made many people just go home without voting. It probably cost her the election. But the number can't be proven, the intent can't be proven, so "the steal" can't be proven. "jamil's standards are too high" in 3...2...1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hobbs was and is a terrible candidate, and the governor refused to debate, which I am now told is okay. She had nothing to run on and squeaked out a win, which speaks to the problems Kari Lake had. The idea that she won is no less laughable than Stacy Abrams's claim that she won.

The world where Mitt Romney is on the far right is an interesting and questionable place.
    One other thing. Hobbs was the SoS. She should have recused herself from her role in elections/certification. It's not unconstitutional, as Lake claimed. It's just unethical. Any official running for an office, who has a role in elections, should recuse themselves. That should probably be a law.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    It's wrong for her to claim she won without being able to prove that votes were stolen, but specifically enough to have put her over the top. In a lot of ways it's like the situation with Trump. They likely were stolen, and possibly enough for her to have won, but she was unable to prove that she really won. Same thing happened with Trump. He cannot prove that a number higher than the margin of victory for Biden, were invalid. But when you say that, Trumpers get mad and claim you have impossible standards.

The one thing she could prove doesn't prove that had the machines been calibrated properly, she would have had 17K more votes than she got. Election officials claimed that they took the ballots that couldn't be read from the precincts where the ballot printer settings were altered. And they re-scanned them at election headquarters, where supposedly they were tabulated with more "sophisticated" readers. It's up to Lake to prove that didn't happen. Certainly the long lines that were caused by the printer and other issues made many people just go home without voting. It probably cost her the election. But the number can't be proven, the intent can't be proven, so "the steal" can't be proven. "jamil's standards are too high" in 3...2...1
    It sounds oddly similar to Abrams's claims when Kemp was SOS, and all the urban areas had long lines.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    He needs arrested and put on trial. He had to break some kind of law, along with those making the offer.
    That sure doesn’t sound like a crime to me? I cannot offer you $$$$ to not do something? And sure not freedom. It is big news, it shows how desperate they are to stop her but fail to see the crime. I asked here if anyone could find exactly what crime it would be, but no one found anything.

Sometimes conservatives are as bad as the left with “that ought to be a crime”…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    That sure doesn’t sound like a crime to me? I cannot offer you $$$$ to not do something? And sure not freedom. It is big news, it shows how desperate they are to stop her but fail to see the crime. I asked here if anyone could find exactly what crime it would be, but no one found anything.

Sometimes conservatives are as bad as the left with “that ought to be a crime”…
    Awesome you are for buying out political power as you see fit. That's wrong on many levels. So no law on payment of bribes? That must be why China owns most of our politicians.

A bribe is an illegal or unethical gift or lobbying effort bestowed to influence the recipient's conduct.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But when you say that, Trumpers get mad and claim you have impossible standards.
    Because you are parroting the left when you say it. You are being used as a tool.
    Trump. He cannot prove that a number higher than the margin of victory for Biden, were invalid.
    How can one prove anything if the corrupt establishment agencies will not investigate, prosecute, hear cases, allow discovery, and allow evidence? We all see the evidence, even you admit it warrants further investigation.

If half of the hundreds of cases were thrown out on standing and the rest independently adjudicated and decided that no fraud occurred would be one thing. But when they ALL are tossed without hearings, discovery, and evidence presented, that is organized institutional corruption.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Because you are parroting the left when you say it. You are being used as a tool.

How can one prove anything if the corrupt establishment agencies will not investigate, prosecute, hear cases, allow discovery, and allow evidence? We all see the evidence, even you admit it warrants further investigation.

If half of the hundreds of cases were thrown out on standing and the rest independently adjudicated and decided that no fraud occurred would be one thing. But when they ALL are tossed without hearings, discovery, and evidence presented, that is organized institutional corruption.
    If he had proved the count was wrong, the extent of the condition would be justified and reasonable. His pack of back alley retard lawyers, now replaced with bikini lawyers, completely misrepresented the claims and provided nothing for anyone to justify an investigation like you are pretending is warranted.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Awesome you are for buying out political power as you see fit. That's wrong on many levels. So no law on payment of bribes? That must be why China owns most of our politicians.

A bribe is an illegal or unethical gift or lobbying effort bestowed to influence the recipient's conduct.

I agree this is unethical but it is not illegal. Your definition: “money or favor given or promised in order to influence the judgment or conduct of a person in a position of trust”.

Lake is a private person, not in a position of trust currently. By offering her something valuable to not run they were not asking an elected official to do anything nor a fiduciary of clients. As best I can see she is, just as I said, a private person.

Be happy to see details of this being a crime though.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I agree this is unethical but it is not illegal. Your definition: “money or favor given or promised in order to influence the judgment or conduct of a person in a position of trust”.

Lake is a private person, not in a position of trust currently. By offering her something valuable to not run they were not asking an elected official to do anything nor a fiduciary of clients. As best I can see she is, just as I said, a private person.

Be happy to see details of this being a crime though.
    I think the distinction is correct. She was not an elected official. She is merely running to be one and she was propositioned to step aside from her bid. Unethical yes indeed.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I think the distinction is correct. She was not an elected official. She is merely running to be one and she was propositioned to step aside.
    So if China or Russia pays a politician billions to do their will before they are elected that's okay? However afterwards it's illegal?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So if China or Russia pays a politician billions to do their will before they are elected that's okay? However afterwards it's illegal?
    You seem to be missing the point. She is not yet an elected official.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think the distinction is correct. She was not an elected official. She is merely running to be one and she was propositioned to step aside from her bid. Unethical yes indeed.
    I suspect this happens often, though not to this degree, even among conservatives. How many, even presidential, candidates have been offered a plum job or position to step aside? As unethical as this sounds on the surface it is not as it seems and if it were illegal it would be a slippery slope. Where would it end?

Can a presidential candidate offer a SOS appointment to a rival to bow out of the race? Can Amazon offer a board position to get one to step out of a race?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    18 U.S.C. § 201
    I believe this is the law concerning bribery/corruption
    Can you point out anywhere in this code that applies to anyone other than a "public official" or one that is "selected to be a public official" or a "witness"? Kari Lake is none of those.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You missed my point.

Lake was only propositioned to step aside and not to do anything to compromise an official act. Lake is not in an elected official period.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Make no mistake I'm not trying to defend what DeWit did. I am just disagreeing that it was illegal at this point. Unethical you bet. Illegal I'm just not seeing it.

Top Bottom