Just wondering what this would be worth...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have this Alice Pack with full metal frame and stuff. Just wondering what the going worth of these are? It's been used, probably during Training, but the markings are 766th TC Bn with the soldiers last name wrote on the back.

Just checking on the worth as I may or may not keep it. I have a couple other packs but this is the only one with a full frame. I took it to Philmont Scout Ranch and hiked 12 miles a day for 2 weeks with it. Good strong, sturdy pack.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Medium or Large?

Depending on the shape you can get them for $25-$50.

What's the difference between medium and large? I'd go to say large, but not sure. Has main part of the pack, a seperate play inside the main pack, and three pouches on the outside.

It's in good shape. I'd say at least 80%. Also, is that WITH the frame?

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Years ago you could pick up surplus frames for $15.

This a medium

images

This is a Large

images

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    She's the military whore. :D The worst part about her is she's always on your back about something...

I have the medium, but it's bigger than the one in the picture. Maybe I'll sell the pack and buy a bigger one...

Can the frame be used for other packs besides alice packs?

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I think I've seen the mediums for sale for around $40, and larges for sale for around $50-60. I almost bought one the other day. But decided on the patrol pack with molle strips instead for $40. Its woodland camo, decent sized for a BOB or hunting backpack, and is hydration compatible. All the features I wanted :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I tell you what, these pack really are made to last. 2 weeks, hard hiking, at least 45lbs or more each day not including food. I had plenty of room for all my stuff, and even used the straps to hold my tent, sleeping bag and foam underlay, and some cooking utensils. :thumbsup: For it to still be in the shape it's in is amazing!

I'm still trying to figure out what the "766th TC Bn" is... :dunno:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I tell you what, these pack really are made to last. 2 weeks, hard hiking, at least 45lbs or more each day not including food. I'm still trying to figure out what the "766th TC Bn" is... :dunno:

You can easily get over 100Lbs. in the large pack , carrying it is a whole different story .

The 766th TC Bn is the soldiers unit .

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Everything in the military is an acronym. A.L.I.C.E. All-purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment

I've humped medium and larges both for many miles with lots of weight. You definitely want a large as you can fit 1 - 10# of stuff in a 10# bag but not a 5 # bag. There are straps that condense the bag down on the large just like the medium. The inside pouch is a radio pouch. They are even more fun to carry when you add a 20+ # radio.

I bought one of the new MOLLE large rucks. I haven't carried any weight in it but from a convenience standpoint, it is 1000 times better than the ALICE. I'd also bet that it is much more comfortable to carry. They usually sell for about $100 I believe but they look to be a much better pack.

Top Bottom