• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Too bad the federal gov. isn't like Illinois in this respect, yes I know that sounds stupid. In the Illinois Constitution it is written that everything in a bill has to be related. So gun control cannot be included in a bill to fix roads or whatever. Been a long time but I remember a bill being ruled unconstitutional that had unrelated provisions.
    I think that is the only Illinois law that makes any sense. They will write and pass a law that is obviously unconstitutional but it only contains one subject. Jim.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sad behavior from politicians… they take the oath to defend the Constitution… seems as though they might be doing a lot of this.

EF09A98F-CDE9-47EB-B414-DCF1B2AFD7B4.jpeg

Last edited:

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Thanks, @Lmo1131 for bringing this to our attention.

Apologies for being the bearer of bad news. I posted it specifically for its 2A relevance, but the overall implications are what have me far more concerned.

I have many 'liberal' friends, and relatives, and in the last 24 hours have asked many of them if they were aware, and favor this cloak-and-dagger, midnight raid way of doing the country's business. Several were aware that this had been done, and were uneasy with it. Others were unaware of it, but felt that 'whatever it takes' to pass 'legislation' was okay. I was actually dumbfounded by the latter because it was opinion of family members.

I no longer have any confidence in the intelligence, or more depressing, morals, of half of the electorate of the United States. "Big Tech" has use by the cajones, the 'crisis' over COVID was losing out for the Left. Ukraine is the new shiny object in the room and 'America' is flocking to it. I don't see the midterms going our way. And even if they do the damage wrought on the United States is irreversible.

When 18 GOP legislators voted in favor of this train wreck I can't even begin to fathom the end result of the U.S. I have no children, but I pray for those who do. They will never experience the country we all grew up in, and will be paying for the rest of their lives.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.” _ D.H. Lawrence, 1922

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Remember, you have to pass the bill to know what is in it! I hope I live long enough to see the day that Nancy Peloci is no longer a member of congress!!!!!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Actually, I'm surprised that more gun control does not go through just about any minor bill that comes along. This garbage in this spending bill, does not surprise me in the least bit.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Apologies for being the bearer of bad news. I posted it specifically for its 2A relevance, but the overall implications are what have me far more concerned.

I have many 'liberal' friends, and relatives, and in the last 24 hours have asked many of them if they were aware, and favor this cloak-and-dagger, midnight raid way of doing the country's business. Several were aware that this had been done, and were uneasy with it. Others were unaware of it, but felt that 'whatever it takes' to pass 'legislation' was okay. I was actually dumbfounded by the latter because it was opinion of family members.

I no longer have any confidence in the intelligence, or more depressing, morals, of half of the electorate of the United States. "Big Tech" has use by the cajones, the 'crisis' over COVID was losing out for the Left. Ukraine is the new shiny object in the room and 'America' is flocking to it. I don't see the midterms going our way. And even if they do the damage wrought on the United States is irreversible.

When 18 GOP legislators voted in favor of this train wreck I can't even begin to fathom the end result of the U.S. I have no children, but I pray for those who do. They will never experience the country we all grew up in, and will be paying for the rest of their lives.
    Ask them how they'd feel if the same tactic was used against them?

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Remember, you have to pass the bill to know what is in it! I hope I live long enough to see the day that Nancy Peloci is no longer a member of congress!!!!!
    I hope to live long enough to see her keel over from ice-cream overload. Hey Nancy... choke on rocky road!

looper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2019
    NWI
    Too bad the federal gov. isn't like Illinois in this respect, yes I know that sounds stupid. In the Illinois Constitution it is written that everything in a bill has to be related. So gun control cannot be included in a bill to fix roads or whatever. Been a long time but I remember a bill being ruled unconstitutional that had unrelated provisions.
    I think that is the only Illinois law that makes any sense. They will write and pass a law that is obviously unconstitutional but it only contains one subject. Jim.
    Illinois uses shell bills all the time

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Illinois uses shell bills all the time
    Correct! At the start of a session they will add a hundred or so bills about nonsense, regulate the price of Twinkies or what direction to mow your lawn. Then they are advanced to second reading in case they are needed to later advance something new and push it through before the general public realizes what is happening. A bill about Twinkies can be gutted and changed to usually "gun control" but the bill still must be restricted to one subject to be passed. Jim.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ask them how they'd feel if the same tactic was used against them?

And I'll add, seems both political parties, and many people, always forget that what they allow when it supports their position, can and will be used against them at some time.

One example
    The filibuster.
    The majority party always wants to get rid of it.
    The minority party always uses it.
    Both sides seem to forget, they will eventually be the minority party.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As said above, Todd Young voted for it. I was hoping we could primary him. He's a Lugar Jr. Admonish him here:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Do I have this right...Indiana has state Red Flag law. But this new anti-gun crap puts this on a Federal level for all states and is even worse than our Red Flag law and surpasses it? So someone doesn't like you, knows you have guns, can call cops and say they feel your a threat. Then without any warrant police can knock your door down and take your guns and you better comply or be killed. Its for your own good and the good of the state. Then you have to spend all your $$ for a lawyer and maybe take months to years to get cleared and guns back......is this really the jest of things here? The new back door to take out the 2A.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well that explains why I didnt see it, and yeah I suppose it does.

So I guess to start, we cannot say that we were never warned about them doing this (even though they have for years).

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -Patrick Henry

The real question is how do we stop them from doing this ****, both the infringements and the method they use, not only this time but next time as well.
    Vote the asshats out of office when ever possible. Change the slime on a rotation and stop the lifetime political monsters like shumar and pelvis. Therein you will find the problems we face. They have established themselves as a ruling class. And we the people keep them in place to run roughshod over use and drain off as much of our hard earned money as they can steal and use it to stay in the seats of power.
    Eliminate the beuraceacies (Sp) and political agenda driving alphabet agency’s.
    You asked. That’s the answer.
    Drain the slim from the swamp and change as needed.

Top Bottom