• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I really like throwing edged stuff, including stars and all those cool ninj'y things. But in case you didn't know, "Chinese throwing stars" are still illegal in Indiana :mallninja:I think it's funny that the IC code literally calls them Chinese throwing

stars, haha. Makes no sense to me and hopefully someday they get it off the books, like they recently did with automatic

knives.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Congratulations on A) owning a cool piece of history, and B ) admitting to owning contraband on a public forum. C ) finding some kin of LEO that'll do anything about it - slim to none. And I'm good with that.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I really like throwing edged stuff, including stars and all those cool ninj'y things. But in case you didn't know, "Chinese throwing stars" are still illegal in Indiana :mallninja:I think it's funny that the IC code literally calls them Chinese throwing

stars, haha. Makes no sense to me and hopefully someday they get it off the books, like they recently did with automatic

knives.
    Thank goodness mine's from Kentucky and identifies as a pocket survival tool...Thanks for the heads up lol...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Congratulations on A) owning a cool piece of history, and B ) admitting to owning contraband on a public forum. C ) finding some kin of LEO that'll do anything about it - slim to none. And I'm good with that.
    I had no idea...all i know is San Pan on Eastern Boulevard sold a ton of them and most teachers had at least three in their drawer they hand confiscated lol....

Time to delete....damn...my first post in months lol....

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I opened this just because I saw your avatar for the first time in ages.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

Made mention of you before the Throne today.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I had no idea...all i know is San Pan on Eastern Boulevard sold a ton of them and most teachers had at least three in their drawer they hand confiscated lol....

Good to see you in these parts of the Internet again.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Since they are made here in Indiana they would not qualify as Chinese throwing stars.

Since it is a poorly worded law someone needs to set precedent before the law will be removed from the books.

I can’t afford to be the precedent setter.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

I had one that had 3 points that folded out to 6 made by Parker cutlery, I carried it in my coat every day, one day at school I friend said let me see it, took it into the hall to show someone else…next thing I know he’s back saying someone in the hall wants to see you…a teacher walking down the hall saw the others with it, and rather than say “it’s mine” he said “its shootersix’s”…needless to say it ended up in the vice principals desk, and I got a stern lecture, luckily for me (and it being in the 80’s) I’d never been in trouble, I got off with a slap on the wrist.

Attachments

• 2484631F-91A0-4C7E-9108-C8021D777291.png
      2484631F-91A0-4C7E-9108-C8021D777291.png
      1.2 MB · Views: 6
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I had one that had 3 points that folded out to 6 made by Parker cutlery, I carried it in my coat every day, one day at school I friend said let me see it, took it into the hall to show someone else…next thing I know he’s back saying someone in the hall wants to see you…a teacher walking down the hall saw the others with it, and rather than say “it’s mine” he said “its shootersix’s”…needless to say it ended up in the vice principals desk, and I got a stern lecture, luckily for me (and it being in the 80’s) I’d never been in trouble, I got off with a slap on the wrist.
    And..................What about the star? Asking for a friend.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    And..................What about the star? Asking for a friend.
    The vice principal told me the if one of my parents wanted to pick it up, they’d return it to them…my mom said that maybe I shouldn’t have it back, so I’m sure it was in his desk when he retired!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    It is probably the stupidest law in the state of Indiana everything else is legal. But throwing stars?
    Agreed that it's stupid. The only other other thing is a ballistic knife, which isn't specifically named on the Indiana IC code, but is Federal (if I am remembering correctly).

The story about having them at school is funny. We used to punch them out in metal shop class, and threw them at everything :laugh:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Agreed that it's stupid. The only other other thing is a ballistic knife, which isn't specifically named on the Indiana IC code, but is Federal (if I am remembering correctly).

The story about having them at school is funny. We used to punch them out in metal shop class, and threw them at everything :laugh:
    It's not specifically named a ballistic knife, but it is prohibited under IC.
    IC 35-47-5-2 Knife with a detachable blade
    Sec. 2. It is a Class B misdemeanor for a person to manufacture, possess, display, offer, sell, lend, give away, or purchase any knife with a detachable blade that may be ejected from the handle as a projectile by means of gas, a spring, or any other device contained in the handle of the knife.
    Well that is a federal law so who gives a flip. View attachment 220940
    See above.

Top Bottom