• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've already communicated with my Congressman and both Senators regarding this bill.

HAVE YOU? :stickpoke:

[not that I give much chance of Todd Young giving a s**t]
    Braun will be good. Young is useless. My Rep will vote whichever way the D party tells him to.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    It already has a House number. :-(

H.R.6981 — 118th Congress (2023-2024) To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit unauthorized private paramilitary activity, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Raskin, Jamie [Rep.-D-MD-8] (Introduced 01/11/2024) Cosponsors: (10)
    Committees: House - Judiciary
    Latest Action: House - 01/11/2024 Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary. (All Actions)

And just guess who one of the cosponsors is:

I whipped off the below correspondence to my Representative, Baird.

"Congressman Baird,​
    H.R.6981 - "To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit unauthorized private paramilitary activity, and for other purposes" is unconstitutional and an affront to the Rights of every Citizen of these United States. This Legislation and its Senate counter part authored by Senator Markey must be ridiculed and killed with prejudice.​
    No further explanation needs be made than the Preamble to the Bill of Rights and the 2nd Amendment, along with 10USC 246 (b)(2). H.R.6981 violates the Constitution and the law. The Sponsors of this legislation and all who have co-sponsored it, including Rep. Andre Carson, need to be called out for their subversion of the Right of citizenry to form and participate in unorganized militia activity.​
    You will have a competitor in the next Primary Representative Baird. If you have any desire to retain your seat I suggest you start representing the people of your district in strict compliance with the Constitution and the best interests of this Nation.​
    Please respond with what YOU did to stop this legislation."​

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It already has a House number. :-(

H.R.6981 — 118th Congress (2023-2024) To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit unauthorized private paramilitary activity, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Raskin, Jamie [Rep.-D-MD-8] (Introduced 01/11/2024) Cosponsors: (10)
    Committees: House - Judiciary
    Latest Action: House - 01/11/2024 Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary. (All Actions)

And just guess who one of the cosponsors is:

I whipped off the below correspondence to my Representative, Baird.

"Congressman Baird,​
    H.R.6981 - "To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit unauthorized private paramilitary activity, and for other purposes" is unconstitutional and an affront to the Rights of every Citizen of these United States. This Legislation and its Senate counter part authored by Senator Markey must be ridiculed and killed with prejudice.​
    No further explanation needs be made than the Preamble to the Bill of Rights and the 2nd Amendment, along with 10USC 246 (b)(2). H.R.6981 violates the Constitution and the law. The Sponsors of this legislation and all who have co-sponsored it, including Rep. Andre Carson, need to be called out for their subversion of the Right of citizenry to form and participate in unorganized militia activity.​
    You will have a competitor in the next Primary Representative Baird. If you have any desire to retain your seat I suggest you start representing the people of your district in strict compliance with the Constitution and the best interests of this Nation.​
    Please respond with what YOU did to stop this legislation."​
    Just sent very similar via Baird's website contact me page.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    You know, the more deep state communism that encroaches on the American citizenry, the more I’m coming to the conclusion that I’m not long for this mortal plane. What I swore to serve and defend is being ripped from us piece by piece, and I’m afraid that one day my oath will place me in a difficult position.
    My thoughts exactly, except when I interact with society these days I come to the inevitable and consistent conclusion that as a whole we are getting what we deserve.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    They only define what it isn't:
    * Government law enforcement agencies (local, state or federal)
    * U.S. Armed Forces including Reserves
    * National Guard units
    *Private corporate security
    *"Licenced" approved persons
    * My(politicians)private army
    *Anyone we say is ok(yes hollywierd you can keep body guards).

Combat Engineer

One of the three percent.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2022
    Mauckport In.
    You know, the more deep state communism that encroaches on the American citizenry, the more I’m coming to the conclusion that I’m not long for this mortal plane. What I swore to serve and defend is being ripped from us piece by piece, and I’m afraid that one day my oath will place me in a difficult position.
    Me too,and millions of others.If it comes they can remove my weapons from the corpse they just created.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    *Private corporate security
    *"Licenced" approved persons
    * My(politicians)private army
    *Anyone we say is ok(yes hollywierd you can keep body guards).
    For clarification, these are the "Exceptions" in the Bill

(c) EXCEPTIONS.—Subsection (a) shall not apply to—
    • (1) the armed forces of the United States, the National Guard, the Naval Militia, any regularly organized State militia, or any unorganized or reserve militia called into service by a State or the United States;
    • (2) a group of individuals who—
      • (A) associate as a military organization solely for purposes of historical reenactment or study; or
      • (B) parade in public as part of a bona fide veterans organization with no intent to engage in the activities prohibited by subsection (a);
    • (3) students in an educational institution authorized by the Federal Government or a State to teach military science as a prescribed part of the course of instruction, when under the supervision of a military instructor; or
    • (4) members of an organization that is authorized under Federal or State law to provide paramilitary, law enforcement, or security services training or to engage in paramilitary activity, law enforcement, or security services when performing the functions authorized by law and, in the case of paramilitary activity and law enforcement functions, when under the direction and control of a governmental authority. [emphasis mine]
    (2) above exempts reenactments (which use blank charges), veterans' parades, parade drill teams, color guards, etc.
    (3) above exempts high school and university ROTC detachments
    (4) requires any group that isn't U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard, government law enforcement, or part of (2) or (3) to be under government command and control. In other words, any group or organization that uses or trains with weapons must be government operated, or it's illegal.

Additional Note:
    Subsection (b) just before the "Exceptions" cited above extends coverage of the bill to anyone or anything anyone uses that has transited across national or state boundaries. That would include any weapon parts or ammunition. See the case of the homeless guy who was charged with possession of a shotgun shell and the Federal Government Prosecutor's argument that the shell and its raw materials had, by necessity, crossed a state line at some point in its life from materials used in its manufacturing, to wholesale distribution, to retail sale. Therefore, the Interstate Commerce Clause applied subjecting it to Federal Law. The Federal Court bought it. There is no ammunition or weapon that doesn't have some part of its raw materials or components that haven't crossed the national or state borders.

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Introduced (Jan 11th) into the Senate by "Malarkey" Markey (D-Mass.) and the House by "Head Scarf" Raskin (D-Maryland). This bill is insidious. Its provisions would make simply going to the range and shooting at a silhouette target illegal. Going to a school board or city council meeting to remonstrate would become illegal if an official there takes umbrage with your comments. Walk around your neighborhood, armed or not, and you're illegally "patrolling." It would ban any "Neighborhood Watch" groups. Citizens' Arrests are outlawed -- forbidding any citizen from detaining or holding someone committing a crime until law enforcement arrives . . . or doing anything to defend yourself as you're now acting as "Law Enforcement".

The provisions are so ambiguous and egregious it becomes the embodiment Stalin's KGB Chief, Lavrenty Beria's infamous quotation: "Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime!"

https://www.newsnationnow.com/politics/democrats-bill-prohibit-militia-activity/

The gist of its prohibited activities are contained in this section of the bill introduced in the House and Senate:

If you engage with a home invader and hold them for the police to arrive, even if you don't use a firearm to do it, you've now committed a Federal Felony, you're going to prison, you're forfeiting all your firearms, and forfeiting your right to have any for life. The kind of training Guy Relford teaches becomes illegal. Additional provisions not quoted effectively ban all magazines holding more than 10 rounds.

Given his past, this is just the kind of bill Senator Todd Young would vote for.

Entire bill as introduced by Senator "Malarkey" Markey
    https://www.markey.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/preventing_private_paramilitary_activity_act_-_011124pdf.pdf

Time to call your Congressman and Senators!
    They can pucker up and kiss my ***. I will never bend a knee to any of these worthless piles of crap and their edicts.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    "(4) members of an organization that is authorized under Federal or State law to provide paramilitary, law enforcement, or security services training or to engage in paramilitary activity, law enforcement, or security services when performing the functions authorized by law and, in the case of paramilitary activity and law enforcement functions, when under the direction and control of a governmental authority."

Alex......
    What is Blackwater?

MH

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    My guess without reading the entire bill is that they likely don't define what a private paramilitary organization is, nor what it means to act on behalf of one.

This is the kind of thing that tar and feathers is reserved for. If this kind of gross unconstitutional attempt doesn't warrant swift and tangible (non-violent) consequences levied by the people these cretins allegedly represent, then I don't know what does.

Defined nice and vague.

“(9) PRIVATE PARAMILITARY ORGANIZATION.—The term ‘private paramilitary organization’ means any group of 3 or more persons associating under a command structure for the purpose of functioning in public or training to function in public as a combat, combat support, law enforcement, or security services unit.

Anyone interested in starting the "GWOT Re-enactment Society"

march19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2024
    Anderson
    Introduced (Jan 11th) into the Senate by "Malarkey" Markey (D-Mass.) and the House by "Head Scarf" Raskin (D-Maryland). This bill is insidious. Its provisions would make simply going to the range and shooting at a silhouette target illegal. Going to a school board or city council meeting to remonstrate would become illegal if an official there takes umbrage with your comments. Walk around your neighborhood, armed or not, and you're illegally "patrolling." It would ban any "Neighborhood Watch" groups. Citizens' Arrests are outlawed -- forbidding any citizen from detaining or holding someone committing a crime until law enforcement arrives . . . or doing anything to defend yourself as you're now acting as "Law Enforcement".

The provisions are so ambiguous and egregious it becomes the embodiment Stalin's KGB Chief, Lavrenty Beria's infamous quotation: "Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime!"

https://www.newsnationnow.com/politics/democrats-bill-prohibit-militia-activity/

The gist of its prohibited activities are contained in this section of the bill introduced in the House and Senate:

If you engage with a home invader and hold them for the police to arrive, even if you don't use a firearm to do it, you've now committed a Federal Felony, you're going to prison, you're forfeiting all your firearms, and forfeiting your right to have any for life. The kind of training Guy Relford teaches becomes illegal. Additional provisions not quoted effectively ban all magazines holding more than 10 rounds.

Given his past, this is just the kind of bill Senator Todd Young would vote for.

Entire bill as introduced by Senator "Malarkey" Markey
    https://www.markey.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/preventing_private_paramilitary_activity_act_-_011124pdf.pdf

Time to call your Congressman and Senators!
    Militancy is a valid and required step in securing working people retaining their rights and allowing working people to continue those rights

march19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2024
    Anderson
    Interesting. It sounds like you have a good understanding of the situation.
    Thank you, the US is a major power because it has a military to back it up. Even when it does bad stuff it gets away with it because of its militant force. So to combat any bad actors the people need a militant force to enforce the people's ideas and keep them secure. Though if people had actual say I feel like things would work out better than America currently lmao

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

This stupid proposal would impact church security teams.

The Bill is deliberately worded with vagueness and ambiguity to allow Federal Attorneys and DOJ to charge anyone they want to with a crime under the proposed statute, for merely going to a range and putting one round downrange. All under the guise of "Prosecutorial Discretion". They could go after someone for merely possessing a ballistic helmet they bought and used while in the military -- or someone who has their own ballistic vest.

Embodies this mantra:
    "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime."

Top Bottom