• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    we all would like a $2000 gun so everyone's pocket determines what we shoot/carry. you right off the bat mentioned being tight. we all been there. that isn't a gun i'd buy but there was a time in my life decades ago that i'd have been thrilled to have one.

trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    I have the CPX 2 and have never had an issue with it after maybe 400 rounds...As others said, the trigger pull is terrible but like anything, if you practice with it you can overcome that....Rural King had the Taurus G2c for 199.00 last week i think...might also be worth a look....If you can find a used CPX 2 they are usually pretty cheap...I picked up a stainless one last fall used at a gunshop for $125.00 with an extra mag....check local shops maybe...Good Luck
    for $200 those taurus g2c are a damn good value.

trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    They had the G3 for 225 at dunhamssports here lately. My daughter has 1 but she's been too lazy to come to the house to shoot it. Still unfired. They feel good in the hand.
    when you compare value to quality, it's really hard to beat caniks. their quality was always better than most but in the last couple yrs. they have really zeroed in on what buyer like and want. their trigger where always competion quality but even those have improved. i've always been a sig or sw guy but canik has got both of those beat 9 ways to sunday on quality for the money.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    when you compare value to quality, it's really hard to beat caniks. their quality was always better than most but in the last couple yrs. they have really zeroed in on what buyer like and want. their trigger where always competion quality but even those have improved. i've always been a sig or sw guy but canik has got both of those beat 9 ways to sunday on quality for the money.
    Here lately, i have been doing alot of research on some of these "affordable" pistols. I have been looking into the cheap 1911s and been good reviews compared to years back when many cheap makes were very troubled. To me, a 1911 is a 45acp pistol, but with the crazy price of that ammo, i am staying away from it. Haven't shot my SR1911 in a few years cause not having much ammo left.

trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    Here lately, i have been doing alot of research on some of these "affordable" pistols. I have been looking into the cheap 1911s and been good reviews compared to years back when many cheap makes were very troubled. To me, a 1911 is a 45acp pistol, but with the crazy price of that ammo, i am staying away from it. Haven't shot my SR1911 in a few years cause not having much ammo left.
    well at 68, my ole wrists don't like me shooting a 45. i got one laying in my safe, haven't shot it in yrs coz it hurts. i buy my 9s by the 1000 lot and they are less than 30 cents a round.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    A lot of guns will be just "fine" if you rarely shoot them.

If a friend or family member of mine needed a gun and didn't have a decent budget I'd throw them a few hundo to top off their budget and get an S&W, Glock, Sig etc.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I have one. I have shot it. My opinion, great gun, crappy mag. The base plate for the mag is a separate piece from the base plate of the spring. The lose tolerance between these three pieces can cause the mag spring issues. Like FEG guns. They made good guns, crappy mags there too.

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    Are they reliable and a good option for someone that may be financially challenged? Or is it a you get what you pay for Item?
    You should consider Taurus G3C or G2C for an economical pistol at the same price point as the SCCY. The G3C will be far more reliable and easier to shoot.

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    Don't forget you can also use P226 magazines in them as well. Mec Gar makes a reliable 18rd and 20rd that work flawlessly in them.
    Absolutely. The Taurus G-series accept the P226 and P228 9mm mags. I use the 15rd P228 mags from mecgar in my G2 and G3C for carry. There is a seller on ebay that sells 3d printed grip spacers for the G2C/G3C to work with P228 and P226 mags.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Absolutely. The Taurus G-series accept the P226 and P228 9mm mags. I use the 15rd P228 mags from mecgar in my G2 and G3C for carry. There is a seller on ebay that sells 3d printed grip spacers for the G2C/G3C to work with P228 and P226 mags.
    I've used this guy's items before.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    An SR9C is a decent pistol. My gripe with it is the 10rd mag. You can use a 17rd SR9 mag but the gun just feels funny with that short barrel but a very long grip.
    She is tall with large hands for a woman. After a little help from my wife, she is handling it very well. Which was the goal.

Never really thought about the grip to barrel length ratio before, but I test drove it and it worked for me.

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    She is tall with large hands for a woman. After a little help from my wife, she is handling it very well. Which was the goal.

Never really thought about the grip to barrel length ratio before, but I test drove it and it worked for me.
    Does the manual safety on the SR9C (and SR9 as well) interfere with your grip at all? It does for me especially when I used a high grip. The safety has a sharp edge which digs into the jointt on my thumb. It makes shooting the SR uncomfortable for me. And Ruger designed the SR safety to be non removable. Still keep my SR9 and SR9C but rarely carry them.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Does the manual safety on the SR9C (and SR9 as well) interfere with your grip at all? It does for me especially when I used a high grip. The safety has a sharp edge which digs into the jointt on my thumb. It makes shooting the SR uncomfortable for me. And Ruger designed the SR safety to be non removable. Still keep my SR9 and SR9C but rarely carry them.
    No never has, I was very happy with it. I just transitioned to carrying the same sidearm for work and off hours. Have always been very happy with Ruger products.

Top Bottom