Just because it can be done, does it really need to be?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I found this picture on the internet.

Mini30.jpg

The owner says he's never seen this done before. I think there's a reason for that.

I've never seen a short barrel tactical Mosin before but there's a reason for that too.........oh wait.

tacMosin-1.jpg

Opps spoke too soon.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Looks like you can shoot the pistol on the mini. I wonder if that makes it a sbr too.

Interesting point but I doubt it because it is only in a holster. It I remember correctly there was a pretty in depth debate about the Master Key shotgun on an AR in Indiana.

I want to say ATF said it was a SBS since you couldn't fire it not mounted to the rifle that has a buttstock.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've seen some pretty stupid **** done to a rifle, but those 2 are pretty spectacular. I'd throw those up there with a Mosin bullpup and some of Mossberg's stuff like the 464 SPX. That 500 they currently have with the shovel handle looking thing over the top is pretty ****ing stupid too.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I've seen some pretty stupid **** done to a rifle, but those 2 are pretty spectacular. I'd throw those up there with a Mosin bullpup and some of Mossberg's stuff like the 464 SPX. That 500 they currently have with the shovel handle looking thing over the top is pretty ****ing stupid too.

WHAT!? You're not a fan of the Mossberg Chainsaw!!! For shame!

As far as the OP, the Mini14 with the side mounted holster is just silly. Talk about unnecessary weight. Why not just wear that holster, i don't know, on your belt?

That SBR Mosin is super freaking sweet, like VitaminK's Unicorn adorned Fiero. That thing is uber-tactical. Just imagine clearing some houses, working that smooth-as-butter Mosin bolt like a rock star, and roasting some bad guys with the fireballs that thing spits. (should all of that, minus the line about the Fiero, be purple?) That 'Face Palm' photo of Capt. Picard comes to mind...

Thanks for the smile, Bullet. Repped :):

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    :nuts:Wow... I know its something I wouldn't do, but maybe the modifications were done just for fun. I think the original modifier could've spent better time with his/her children or doing something productive. It looks like picking their nose would've been a better choice than those mods, but to each his own.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Eh, if it didn't take a tax stamp I'd try that with the mosin. It just seems like something fun to do with a gun to keep myself from buying yet more.

Besides, its probably every bit as practical as a Serbu Super Shorty :)

[edit] the first one looks like a poor-man's corner shot.

vtxrecruiter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    West Indy
    Yeah, that Ruger may be an SBR now OOOOPS, 10 years in the pokey is not worth being "innovative". There is an adapter that puts and Glock pistol on a rifle or shotgun Picatinny rail, and it IS DEFINATELY an SBR per FAB Defense ( the maker)

Top Bottom