• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My father is in the market for a $2-3000 safe.

He's looking for more fire protection over burglary and for that money, I won't let him buy a refrigerator style RSC like a Liberty. I am leaning towards an Amsec NF series over a Johson since they both offer equivalent size, both 10/11 gauge walls and 1/4 plate doors for burglary protection but the Amsec uses a concrete like liner versus a thin ceramic wool blanket. Also, he won't have to wait 1-3 months for the Johnson to be built.

I own a Johnson and love it. Nobody is getting in to it without a lot of effort... but I have reservations about it's actual fire protection capabilities.

Opinions either way?

Has anyone here had a Johnson experience a fire? How did it do?

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My father is in the market for a $2-3000 safe.

He's looking for more fire protection over burglary and for that money, I won't let him buy a refrigerator style RSC like a Liberty. I am leaning towards an Amsec NF series over a Johson since they both offer equivalent size, both 10/11 gauge walls and 1/4 plate doors for burglary protection but the Amsec uses a concrete like liner versus a thin ceramic wool blanket. Also, he won't have to wait 1-3 months for the Johnson to be built.

I own a Johnson and love it. Nobody is getting in to it without a lot of effort... but I have reservations about it's actual fire protection capabilities.

Opinions either way?

Has anyone here had a Johnson experience a fire? How did it do?

No experience on the fire rating, but when I looked back in August and spoke to Jeff Johnson, I want the say he was forecasting 11 months out.

The large manufacturers were a few months out.

Top Bottom