• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Watched "John Wick" tonight and liked the fighting with a pistol parts. I also found it entertaining that he went on no holds bar killing spree of the Russian Mafia, for killing his puppy. The reason the Russian mob invaded his home was there to steal his absolutely bad ass 1969 Mustang.

Harleyrider_50 and the other dog lovers like myself here will enjoy and appreciate the movie. Gun lovers can appreciate the movie for the awesome spectrum of nice guns. Including the $2500 SAI Glock.

John Wick - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

Posted this in the self defense for the actual gun fighting part. This is a movie, that shows shooting from retention and using hands on self defence. Yes shooting from retention is not ideal....but often necessary.
    I seen solid judo tosses, using a pistol to strike with and shooting, reloading the gun.

John Wick showed to us that a perfect Weaver stance is not the end all be all. As Bruce Lee said, you must be like water filling a vase, and adapt to the situation "fight" you're in, in that moment and adapt.

It is just a movie..but John Wick does have some solid techniques.

I liked it that the G26 was his backup gun:):.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I'm going to make a drinking game out of this movie! Take a shot for every face shot made, bet I'm getting pretty sauced!

That does sound fun...Ill take a shot.

That is not what I was thinking of at the time. My thought was very close combat with a gun on hand, and the guy you're wrestling has a gun or knife and there is more bad guys coming.

By the way please shoot me compared to cutting me up and stabbing me.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I've been passing up watching this movie because Keanue was in it, but sounds like I need to give it a look.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I've been passing up watching this movie because Keanue was in it, but sounds like I need to give it a look.

Watched it last weekend, twice. I'm not a huge fan of Keanu either, but really it seemed like his inability to act worked for him in this movie. Good action sequences overall. Brutally efficient would be how'd I'd describe it.

Djestr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Frankfort, IN
    Given that he was the "boogey man killer" those punks that stole his car should have been dead before it got that far...but that would have been a short film...

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    I enjoyed the gun play, it was solid. Didn't seem movie made up, he took his time and aimed and made shots, had to reload, etc.

The wife left the room when they killed the puppy...

Edit: Woot! I made marksman :rockwoot:

Top Bottom