• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Unintended consequences of .gov meddling: Push the smaller farmer aside and pave the way for BTO. (Big time Operator) The BTO is the guy you read about in the Farm Magazines (the ones that come for free each week even though you never subscribe or pay for them)

Those BTOs are the ones who lobby for these laws, and I believe the consequences are intended. If the government can stifle smaller, up-and-coming competitors, the global agri-giants can solidify their place in the market, enjoying a pseudo-monopoly. Ultimately consumers are left with only a couple choices of products; all of which came from giant corporations that enjoy unfair government treatment (bailouts, subsidies, stacked regulations, etc).

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    I done a search of my zip code. There's a person listed as receiving over 11,000 dollars. Problem is, he is dead. He's been dead for at least 7 or 8 years. He was my neighbor growing up so I'm not confusing him with someone else.

What's up with that?

*edit* never mind, click on their names and it's broken down in years since 1995. At first I was thinking these folks received this amount last year or ???

Southwind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    SW Indiana
    With the high prices for corn, beans and wheat the past few years, why in the world would they need a subsidy?

And it bothers me a lot that churches get a government payment.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Hey, Crooked Creek Conservation & Gun Club in Noblesville has gotten about $100K in "conversion subsidies" since 2000.

Think they had a Lone Wolf conversion barrel for that?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    A joke I heard from my b-in-law who lives in rural-ish Illinois....

You know why the bill on a farmer's ball cap is curved?

It's from looking in the mailbox for the subsidy checks.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    For anyone who wonders why the .gov would want to consolidate the production and supply of food into as few hands as possible, consider the following quote from one Catherine Bertini who served as the Executive Director of the UN World Food Program in the 1990s:

"Food is Power. We use it to change behavior. Some may call that bribery. We do not apologize."

On more extremely good reason to see to your own secure food supply. As for the quote itself, I would not call it bribery but rather extortion.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    For anyone who wonders why the .gov would want to consolidate the production and supply of food into as few hands as possible, consider the following quote from one Catherine Bertini who served as the Executive Director of the UN World Food Program in the 1990s:

On more extremely good reason to see to your own secure food supply. As for the quote itself, I would not call it bribery but rather extortion.

Yep. The National Resources Preparedness Order, signed March 16, gives government the authority to seize your food stores, farm equipment, and just about anything to help maintain stability during a crisis. It's not about taking care of us, they'll use it to control us. They have been making plans for a long time.

The liberal media complained about it for a little while.

Jim Garrison: Martial Law by Executive Order

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I get a kick out of the politicians who tout "welfare reform" and fully support farm subsidies.

It makes perfect sense when you keep in mind that farm subsidies are engineered to benefit 'farmers' surnamed Corporation who have plenty of lobbyists.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Another farmer joke.

A joke I heard from my b-in-law who lives in rural-ish Illinois....

You know why the bill on a farmer's ball cap is curved?

It's from looking in the mailbox for the subsidy checks.

Kinda off topic, but I cant help myself.

Three things a farmer will tell you that are lies.
    1- I didn't make any money last year.
    2- I paid for this hat.
    3- I was just helping this cow over this fence.
    :D

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    In many rural communities the large farmers are at the top of the socioeconomic ladder...Martinsville included. I find it quite interesting that the fancy trucks in the High School parking lots may be in part financed with Federal Welfare.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Found a lot of interesting names from some coworkers to members of my wifes family. Some of the numbers were not small. One person was #2 in their zip code and they died 5 years ago.

Top Bottom