• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    We created our own competition with NAFTA and the buying of cheap Chinese goods starting in the 1980’s.

Haha I’m not even close to wealthy enough. Even those I know that are pretty wealthy could not get a single digit interest loan (they explored it as a financing method for their new house construction instead of a bridge loan) on their portfolio. Gotta be playing with 100’s of millions to get that kind of treatment.
    This really sounds like you are just not happy about the fact that they have enough assets to borrow against and you don't. (atleast at a percentage that you want someone else to once again take a risk by giving you something $$$)
    :spend: :tantrum::lala:is all I'm seeing.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    the people who wrote the income tax laws hardly meant for the wealthy to use their shares as collateral and turn them into a liability that gets written off (in the form of interest) in order to not pay taxes while buying a 3rd hour or another yacht.

Really? The politicians that get big money from the wealthy didn't intend for those donors to use the loopholes they built.

You are just making s**t up now...

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What the heck does this have to do with the boom of the 1950's?
    Long term trends. Debt to gdp started going up in the 1980’s. Apparently according to you that has nothing to do with the lower taxes or the rise of China/Mexico/Canada.

I’m still patiently waiting for your theory

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Answering your question sir. Perhaps you might do the same instead of deflecting.

This was the topic.

What part of history am I missing here? Correlation vs causation? Did the economic policies of higher taxes,stronger unions and buying American have nothing to do with the reduction of debt and post war prosperity?

if those policies are not the cause then what is?
    The policies you mention have no bearing on the boom.

Again go study instead of making up what sounds good to you.

You do realize that there was virtually no manufacturing capacity in the entire world after the war other than in the US. We had no competition for many years...

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Long term trends. Debt to gdp started going up in the 1980’s. Apparently according to you that has nothing to do with the lower taxes or the rise of China/Mexico/Canada.

I’m still patiently waiting for your theory
    It's the fact that companies are relocating to those locations and then selling the product here. Taxing the s**t out of them for succeeding will only increase this. WTH is hard to understand.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The letter of the law? Yes. Spirit of the law? Not by a long shot.
    The trouble with spirits is that anyone can conjure them up to support any angle of argument. Letter of the law is much more solid, and if you are upset that somone is following the letter of the law, then your problem is with the lawmakes and not the law followers. Good luck getting the Uniparty to side with you.

And as long as someone else's bank account is a major concern in your life, you will never have any wealth, no matter how many digits show up in your bank account. You don't even know what real wealth is.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's the fact that companies are relocating to those locations and then selling the product here. Taxing the s**t out of them for succeeding will only increase this. WTH is hard to understand.
    Taxing the s**t out of them for leaving was the trump plan.......

he threatened and then they stayed :rolleyes:

that threT led to a boom economy here

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And as long as someone else's bank account is a major concern in your life, you will never have any wealth, no matter how many digits show up in your bank account. You don't even know what real wealth is.
    Who said I cared about someone else’s bank account? The only thing I care about is the country not collapsing under the weight of Democrat entitlement spending combined with republican tax cuts.

this chart shows it nicely as % gdp

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Who said I cared about someone else’s bank account? The only thing I care about is the country not collapsing under the weight of Democrat entitlement spending combined with republican tax cuts.
    Maybe you should go ahead and put a poll up in this thread? See how many of us are buying into your angle?

That'd be a good test wouldn't it?

:dunno:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Your the one wanting to increase taxes for people that have stuff you don't.

You are like cat s**t in this thread, scattered all over the place.
    Considering all the insults, deflections and attacks I’m hardly surprised it’s gotten scattered.

Y’all keep defending the wealthy while most likely working for less than 100k a year.

makes no sense.

I’m out before I get shootered

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Considering all the insults, deflections and attacks I’m hardly surprised it’s gotten scattered.

Y’all keep defending the wealthy while most likely working for less than 100k a year.

makes no sense.

I said taxing them more when they succeed will encourage people to take their business elsewhere and cause the issue in this country to get worse.
    Then you said
    Taxing the s**t out of them for leaving was the trump plan.......

he threatened and then they stayed :rolleyes:

that threT led to a boom economy here
    I'm not sure how this addresses what I said.
    I agree with this, but it's not reality now. Trump is not In position to address this anymore. This doesn't change that you want to increase the taxes on them here in the US.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

makes no sense.

The wealthy have not harmed me. And if people are making $100K, what’s wrong with that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom