Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    so citizenship should cost each man woman child and corporation (corporate personhood) the same amount of money?

that’s about 12k for each. How many people in your household? Can you afford that? Can most?
    So basically you’re admitting that people wealthier than you ARE already primarily funding the government.

But, is it fair that they have to bear the lion’s share of the burden? If you want to talk about what’s fair, people should be taxed according to what government they consume. So everyone would owe for common stuff to everyone. But then I shouldn’t have to pay for the US patent service. I shouldn’t have to pay for the Bureau of Land Management; I don’t use federal lands. I shouldn’t have to pay for welfare, because I don’t use it. I use roads, police, fire, and various other services.

But, because, as you say, most people can’t afford the government they consume, then that falls on the wealthier people to pay for it.

But you haven’t made the case that the burden should be on the wealthiest people. Wealth envy isn’t a justification. It’s just sour grapes.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So basically you’re admitting that people wealthier than you ARE already primarily funding the government.

But, is it fair that they have to bear the lion’s share of the burden? If you want to talk about what’s fair, people should be taxed according to what government they consume. So everyone would owe for common stuff to everyone. But then I shouldn’t have to pay for the US patent service. I shouldn’t have to pay for the Bureau of Land Management; I don’t use federal lands. I shouldn’t have to pay for welfare, because I don’t use it. I use roads, police, fire, and various other services.

But, because, as you say, most people can’t afford the government they consume, then that falls on the wealthier people to pay for it.

But you haven’t made the case that the burden should be on the wealthiest people. Wealth envy isn’t a justification. It’s just sour grapes.
    That should be the end of it, but it won’t.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Guess you did not get to see its potential....

LOL!!

That thing would have needed a lot more than I was willing to put into it. Dude. Fake wood grain. It was gold and **** brown. GOLD! And not in a good way.

Now. I met the woman who would become my wife in those days. And she was smokin’ hot. I definitely married up. I am just fortunate that she saw past the gold and **** brown pinto wagon with the fake wood grain sides and rust perforated rocker panels. But it was my first car, and I was able to keep it running well the whole time I had it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Long term trends. Debt to gdp started going up in the 1980’s. Apparently according to you that has nothing to do with the lower taxes or the rise of China/Mexico/Canada.

I’m still patiently waiting for your theory
    People have given you the reason why. You just keep ignoring the obvious.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Taxing the s**t out of them for leaving was the trump plan.......

he threatened and then they stayed :rolleyes:

that threT led to a boom economy here
    And this was a bad thing because... :dunno:
    See above, your words not mine
    His words meant taxing the **** out of them for being "successful" for being here. Why would they want to operate here when they could move operations (and jobs) overseas where they would get to keep more of their profits? Trump's policy was meant to stop this.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Curiosity got the best of me. And you know, at first, i was like, I hate you? And then some one posted some eye bleach. It’s a pretty balanced thread. And I can ignore what I don’t like. So I don’t hate you anymore.
    See I told you there's some good stuff. I guess I could have told you to watch the first one, but there was already a warning

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom